Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 16-01-18, 13:45   #13831
Mickybyrne20

So I was searching the web about Horizon Zero Dawn, and came across a thread where people were saying "it's easy". Omfg how??? I must just be really **** at the game, but I die constantly, and I'm on 'normal' difficulty. Makes me feel rather embarrassed. I'm usually quite good at games.

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 16-01-18 at 13:46.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 15:15   #13832
Grimaldi

I wouldn't say it's easy either, even fully upgraded. How far are you?
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 15:42   #13833
Mickybyrne20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I wouldn't say it's easy either, even fully upgraded. How far are you?
When Aloy finds out Elizabet sealing the door, and "sacrificing herself". I'm not on a difficult part right now, I'm past them.

I found the 2 corrupter and Deathbringer machine part sooooooo difficult. Also the huge Rhino thing, when she was captured. I can't remember it's name.
Old 16-01-18, 16:13   #13834
Grimaldi

Corrupters can off. And those massive underground things. Anything that throws rocks, buh bye.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 16:33   #13835
kiersaint

I found Horizon quite challenging here and there too. I really had to use strategy to get through certain parts so I definitely wouldn't agree it was easy
kiersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 16:37   #13836
wearemany

I don't find HZD an easy game either, some combat encounters are brutally hard, but try playing NG+ with the Shield Weaver Armor, Shadow Sharpshot Bow and Triple Arrow skill. The game gets SO easy it's boring sometimes because you're just so freaking strong.

You have health regeneration, long-ranged precision arrows that deal massive damage when you shoot three of them at once and tear arrows that can knock off parts of the machines, so it's very useful against the bigger ones with missiles, machine guns etc like the Thunderjaws and Deathbringers.

But without those things, HZD is infuriatingly difficult at times.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 18:29   #13837
Mickybyrne20

Yeah once you get all the gear, I imagine it's quite easy.
Just a cute pic of Aloy.

Edit: Just finished the story. I really enjoyed it. GREAT GAME!!! I liked the challenge, even if it was repetitive at times. 8.5/10

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 16-01-18 at 21:09.
Old 16-01-18, 19:33   #13838
strawberry22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Because gay men are weird.

I was approached once in a gay bar, but he was clearly very conflicted about how he felt. He was this closeted Indian guy, who obviously liked me but was trying to deny that he was gay at the same time.

I tried flirting with him for like 10 minutes to see if I could drag the admission out of him, and I was clearly more drunk than he was, before I got bored and went to find my friend haha

Then there was this other time I pulled (which I don't usually admit because I find it embarrassing and awkward). I was drunk AF, then I started dancing with this guy who was friends with someone I was assoaciates with right. Anyway against my better judgment I decided to let him take me to his place, then like halfway through sex I sobered up and decided "ew **** this guy", and made a polite excuse and went home haha.

(and no, I don't consider that occasion rape or incorrect on his part whatsoever. We were both drunk-ish, but no so drunk we weren't aware and I fully consented until I sobered up).
It irritates the hell out of me. Like, why dance so close to me and make a suggestion then walk off?? It makes no sense.

There was this other guy who kept trying to talk to me as well, and eventually I decided to talk to him and I asked if his jacket was real leather, to which he replied yes, obviously thinking I'd be impressed. I was then like "I'm a vegetarian, sorry" and he gave up after that lol. However, I'm pretty sure that he too had a boyfriend, because he called this other guy over (and this guy was actually rather hot), and he started dancing with me, before he started walking away and then the previous guy told me to "stop checking him out". I was like lmao if you two are both in a relationship then why are you so damn interested in me ffs.
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-18, 03:08   #13839
Mickybyrne20

The lighting in this game is fantastic.
Old 17-01-18, 03:46   #13840
NoahCrofRaider

It does look pretty nice, but it also kind of looks like something someone would make up an some cheap, quickly thrown-together UDK project. Maybe that's just me.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote