Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 26-03-17, 23:46   #31
Lillie

Hi, how is your TR1 playthrough going? Are you planning to finish the game anytime soon?
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-18, 15:55   #32
iWANEX
Golden

Hey guys!!! Wow, it's been ages since I came here to post my experience with the first game. I finished it but I didn't get the chance to talk about it. Here we go:

9. TOMB OF TIHOCAN

- Closed gate. Lever nearby. Yup.
- After filling the first room with water I followed an underwater path and killed a giant rat.
- This new area looks totally different from the cistern and there's two paths in front of me. I went to the one that's on the right.
- Pierre is here AGAIN! I need this ****er to die already. It's so annoying.
- After dealing with him and another alligator I found an empty room. I was there for 5 minutes before a secret door opened. I don't know what I did but I guarantee you I was just walking around. Weird. Nothing else but a medipack in here.
- Went back to the room with the two paths and decided to try the left one carefully because a giant swinging axe started to move.
- Lions and gorillas here again??? I killed them and tried to jump to a hole on a wall but failed miserably and some spikes were waiting for me. Found a key in the next room. Yay!
- That key activated some blocks in another room so that I could go through it (it was filled with water before and couldn't reach the other end.
- I finally reached what looks to be a giant room with 20+ doors. Wow, where do I begin? There are writings on the floor too.
- Found a movable block that if I position it on top of the writings, the doors open.

Easy but enjoyable little puzzle.

- Found 2 keys. Funny fact: one of the keys was next to a small medipack. I went to grab it and two giant rocks crushed me. Thank God I save every single minute, otherwise it would be very annoying. I like the scares that these moments provide, though.
- Went through the main door and started sliding down and hey, my reflexes are getting better because I noticed a hole that was keeping a secret. I managed to reach it avoiding the crumbling floor. I'm so proud of myself.
- Finished sliding down and fell into a flooded room with alligators and managed my way to the amazing Tomb of Tihocan.
- Now, I know these centaurs are going to come alive the moment I'm near the big door (I remember this from Anniversary). Nope, they don't move at all and I can't open the door from here. I'm sure the switch is underwater. Found it!!!

As I predicted one of the centaurs is alive and started attacking me!

- I was sure the other one would come to life too but it didn't.
- The inside of the tomb is amazing. All this red. Wow. Of course, everything is ruined by Pierre who is here again but thankfully I finish him for good. He also dropped the part of the Scion he had. I hate his stupid pixelated face.
- I use the key on top of the room and I go through the doorway below.
- Good level, it wasn't my favorite really, but the tomb was gorgeous.
- CUTSCENE TIME!!! It looks like Lara is reading some murals about Tihocan, but she's not fooling anyone. Those 3 pixels on the wall are clearly unreadable, lol.

10. CITY OF KHAMOON

- Yay! Change of scenery!!! Love all the Egyptian hieroglyphics.
- After a small puzzle and a stupid panther, I reached the top of an amazing area with a giant Sphinx.
- I can shoot a strange mummy from here. There's no way I'm going down to kill it.

Love this place already. This little oasis is breathtaking.

- There's also a pillar with 4 key holes. I'm sure I need to find them to progress (duh!). There's also another new area next to the pillar but I'm not sure how to reach it. Oh well. I'll find the way eventually.
- I was stuck in this room for a good 30 minutes (no kidding). Found a block at the bottom of the Sphinx that was hiding a gold door but I needed the key to open it. There's not much I could do in the room and I didn't know where to go. Finally and out of pure luck, I realized that I could climb the Sphinx up to its head, where the key was located. Man, that was difficult.
- The corridor led me to the new area I couldn't reach before.

Again, another amazing vista with and Egyptian cat.

- There's not much I can do here but I found a lever underwater that I pull and as soon as the door nearby opens, I can hear the Tomb Raider tune. LOVELY.
- Yay! Another puzzle but this one is pretty easy. I remember it from Anniversay. All I have to do is pull a block to reach a higher level. That being said, a massive mummy attacked me while I was moving a second block and I died so quickly I didn't even know what was happening.
- Managed my way to the top of the Egyptian cat room. Going back down I was killed 3 times. Not sure if it's the controls or just me.
- Now, I'm below the cat statue. This place is a labyrinth. I have no idea where I'm going but since this area is new, I guess I'll end up where I need to be.
- After killing 50 panthers I went through another corridor and out of nowhere ANOTHER GIANT MUMMY killed me. I wasn't expecting it to show up there and I threw my controller away! OMG.
- Four times I had to defend myself from this monster but I finally killed it. I'm in an empty room with a small hole on the wall. There's nowhere else to go so I explore that.
- I ended up on top of the other room where I found a key and a couple of minutes later, a switch. I activated it and heard a sound but I wasn't sure what happened.
- After backtracking a bit, I realized the empty room from before now it's filled with sand. I guess that's what the switch did. Also found a keyhole. After going through the door, the level ended.
- I feel like I've missed a lot of things in this level. There's also an area I didn't even get to explore but knowing Core, it was probably one of those things they added to make you get lost. And what happened to the pillar with the 4 keys? Hopefully the next level will be connected to this one. I vaguely remember the 4 key holes from Anniversary.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-18, 16:36   #33
iWANEX
Golden

Hey guys! I'm back! Let's get started:

11. OBELISK OF KHAMOON

- Aha! As I predicted, I start the level right where I finish the last one. So these 2 levels are connected, yay! I hate missing stuff.
- Found a key hole and another door I need to open to progress. In front it, there's a big room with different entrances that are not accessible yet because of some blocks.

Love these kind of puzzles.

- Moved the first one and entered the room. Killed a panther and pulled a switch that opened a door above me. Not sure about the purpose of this room other than picking up some ammo.
- Now, for the second room. It's completely flooded. Killed an alligator and found a key easily.
- The other 2 rooms were very underwhelming if I'm being honest. I thought they would be better.
- The key I found in the second room fit in the key hole, opening the door next to it BUT it also opened another door that I thought was not accessible but (witty as I am), I pushed a block to reach it. How cool am I?
- I remember this whole area from Anniversary. Basically you just have to go through every room killing enemies, dropping bridges and pulling down switches, so that you can get the 4 items that will be used as keys in the previous level. Can't wait to see how this all connects. It took me about an hour to collect all four and it was so much fun. These kind of levels need to come back to the reboot games. Reminded me of Blood Ties DLC.
- Special mention to the room where the ramp becomes stairs after pulling a switch. AWESOME STUFF.
- Something I'd also like to mention is that the noises the mummies make are horrifying. I don't like that AT ALL.

Last bridge! Last item! Let's finish this!

- After collecting everything, a door opens underwater that leads to the area with the giant Sphinx and the big pillar with the 4 key holes.
- Now that I collected them all, I put the items where they need to be and a door opens so that I can finish the level.
- REALLY REALLY AMAZING level. One of the best from the game. Everything was so well done and I love that everything's connected in the end. I mentioned earlier how I hate feeling like I'm leaving some stuff behind. This was done beautifully. Nice job, Core.

12. SANCTUARY OF THE SCION

- All the sand was a little bit tiresome after a while but I gotta say, from time to time, there's some trees, leaves and branches that spice things up a little bit.
- There's 2 gates in front of me. One of them has some kind of item (key) on the other side, while the other one has the key hole I need to put it in. Let's see how this goes.
- There's only one way to go and is through the giant stairs. After killing a couple of stupid mummies I reached the back of another Sphinx.
- This whole area wasn't difficult per se but trying to find which platforms were climbable was a little bit annoying because I kept falling down. I finally reached a couple of switches and killed what looked like giant flying mutants.

I HATE THEM.

- I entered one room and WHAAAAAAT????!!!! A centaur was guarding an Ankh shaped key and I wasn't expecting that at all. This game is giving me all kinds of scares. Going back I could here another mutant grunting. I hate that sound.
- I also found a key underwater. Right now I have this and the Ankh, but I have no idea what to do with them.
- Nevermind! Found a keyhole nearby that opened a door with another centaur. This time I'm coming for him. Found another Ankh. I'm sure I have to place them somewhere. The Sphinx had a door between its legs so that might be the first thing I try.
- Mmmm, nop. There's no keyhole here.
- Ok, 15 minutes later I decided to backtrack to the beginning of the level and found a small platform that looked climbable. Turned out to be the path to the Sphinx's head where I could place both Ankhs that opened the door. THANK GOD! Man, those were very well hidden. I want this to also return to the newer games.
- Going through the door led me to an underwater room with 2 sitting statues. I totally remember this from Anniversary and I know I have to change the water levels to progress. Easy.

This part of the game was so original and so well done.

- After completing this area, I reached the very first room with the 2 gates. Killed some enemies, grabbed the key next to one of the gates and opened the other gate with it.
- Larson appears in the last room. I totally forgot about him. All I had to do was shoot him and take the last piece of the Scion. Yay!!!
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 20:12   #34
Fantasy

I love reading this! Thanks for posting!
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote