Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 12-09-16, 22:39   #1
NoahCrofRaider

Default Overall, how good is this game?

I'm asking because while I want to get this game, I'm not sure how fun it is or if it's even a well-built game.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 06:57   #2
sackboy123

It's a massive improvement from GOL and I really enjoyed it a lot, the puzzles are well thought out and the textures used are amazing, it's how the TRA Egypt section should have been.

The Co-op is amazing and well thought out too with the puzzles increasing difficulty depending how many players are in the session

I'll say go for it if you loved Classic Tomb Raider as the Lara Croft series is as close as Classic Tomb Raider as you can get
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 09:48   #3
Nigel Cassidy

It is well-built, certainly. Though online co-op suffers from occasional crashes, but I guess online multiplayer is probably dead by now...

Compared to Guardian it takes three steps forward with better music, more big monsters and funny dialogue between the characters. It takes two steps backward with less variation in enemies and more confusing bonus items; the rings and amulets all look the same and you have read the description to see what they do, whereas in Guardian there were handy visual tools for that.

How fun it is... well that depends on what you call fun. Why don't you take a look at some playthroughs on YT?
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 10:00   #4
ThatSassyKid

I don't care what anybody says, I agree with sackboy - it's a huge improvement over GoL. It's fun and light-hearted as opposed to GoL's more serious tone.
I'd be down to play it w/ you if you get it for PC or PS4
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 10:03   #5
Nigel Cassidy

Oh by the way, if you get it for PC you'll need an Xbox -or Steam controller, because playing it with mouse and keyboard is a nightmare...
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-16, 10:26   #6
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Oh by the way, if you get it for PC you'll need an Xbox -or Steam controller, because playing it with mouse and keyboard is a nightmare...
No? It's waaaay easier than GoL was.
Old 13-09-16, 11:49   #7
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
It's a massive improvement from GOL and I really enjoyed it a lot, the puzzles are well thought out and the textures used are amazing, it's how the TRA Egypt section should have been.

The Co-op is amazing and well thought out too with the puzzles increasing difficulty depending how many players are in the session

I'll say go for it if you loved Classic Tomb Raider as the Lara Croft series is as close as Classic Tomb Raider as you can get
Quote:
It is well-built, certainly. Though online co-op suffers from occasional crashes, but I guess online multiplayer is probably dead by now...

Compared to Guardian it takes three steps forward with better music, more big monsters and funny dialogue between the characters. It takes two steps backward with less variation in enemies and more confusing bonus items; the rings and amulets all look the same and you have read the description to see what they do, whereas in Guardian there were handy visual tools for that.

How fun it is... well that depends on what you call fun. Why don't you take a look at some playthroughs on YT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
I don't care what anybody says, I agree with sackboy - it's a huge improvement over GoL. It's fun and light-hearted as opposed to GoL's more serious tone.
I'd be down to play it w/ you if you get it for PC or PS4
Okay, let's do that. Maybe I'll make a multiplayer thread for other LCTOO users to do co-op together.

Quote:
Trust me, I was already planning on playing it with Xbox controller.

I'm glad this game is pretty well-received, I plan on getting at the next Steam sale they have or I might get it prior to that, we'll see.
Old 13-09-16, 12:02   #8
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Okay, let's do that. Maybe I'll make a multiplayer thread for other LCTOO users to do co-op together.
Awesome!!!

Quote:
I plan on getting at the next Steam sale they have or I might get it prior to that, we'll see.
It usually gets stupidly cheap. Like, I mean I picked it up in the Summer Sale for $5
Old 13-09-16, 12:19   #9
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
It usually gets stupidly cheap. Like, I mean I picked it up in the Summer Sale for $5
That does tend to happen, doesn't it?
Old 13-09-16, 13:16   #10
sackboy123

I got two copies of the game, a Retail disk for PS4 and a digital copy from PS Store which was free for PS Plus that one time
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote