Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 31-01-10, 03:03   #21
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

People can say what they like about the Cornish, but they make brilliant pasties. Shame that's all they do. Apart from complain about apparently being picked on.

Seriously, the Daily Mail published this rubbish? Was there no proper news?

Last edited by Spong; 31-01-10 at 07:40.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 07:59   #22
patriots88888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb-Dude View Post
When you have a dad like mine who says "I'm sorry son, I couldn't get your mother across the bridge in time so you weren't born in cornwall" and most of the cornish i met are so stupid. Went down there for a day and acts for directions and they had no idea where it was even though it was like the next road along. And had many other experiances.

Also... Born there lived for a little bit but lived in devon all my life part from the tiny part i was in cornwall Plus insulting them is fun and i'm allowed because im cornish
Acts for directions? What was that you were saying about stupid?
patriots88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 08:15   #23
Cochrane
Golden

I wonder how much this is an actual problem. People will always insult inhabitants of other parts of their own country, after all. Yes, it can go too far at times, but does it do so here?

I certainly would not want to be told that I can't make fun of the people in East Friesland anymore. And that's not because I dislike them or think they're stupid (I never even met that many, but they seemed all nice and normal), but simply because making fun of them has such a long tradition.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 11:07   #24
Another Lara

I think all this is pretty sad if anything!

As an Essex girl I've had a life time of stereotypes thrown at me and insults whenever I mention where I'm from, so where's my human rights concerning all that?!

I've never been to Cornwall although have always wanted to and have never had anything against the people apart when they make all this spiel about being different from everyone else... the counties of england are all made up of celts and anglo saxons at the end of the day so the Cornish are pretty much just another Celtic County! Deal with it!
Another Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 11:47   #25
Reggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
I certainly would not want to be told that I can't make fun of the people in East Friesland anymore. And that's not because I dislike them or think they're stupid (I never even met that many, but they seemed all nice and normal), but simply because making fun of them has such a long tradition.
I actually agree with that sentiment. That's why I'd rather see the media and individuals take more responsibility on their own part rather than see the Cornish classed an official minority who's rights need to be protected in ways that are different from anyone else. I can see why some would follow that line but I don't agree with it on that principle.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-10, 11:50   #26
igonge

What?! lol
igonge is offline   Reply With Quote