Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 29-11-06, 16:48   #11
Cochrane
Golden

I don't care much either way, but I agree with aussie500: They are re-interpreting the game, not really remaking it, so there might not be that much point in doing the same for UB. Besides, UB is probably a part of TR that has not been played that much and has not that many fans, so I don't see any real reason. But I certainly wouldn't mind if it was included either.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 17:49   #12
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane
I don't care much either way, but I agree with aussie500: They are re-interpreting the game, not really remaking it, so there might not be that much point in doing the same for UB. Besides, UB is probably a part of TR that has not been played that much and has not that many fans, so I don't see any real reason. But I certainly wouldn't mind if it was included either.
All the more reason to include it into the re-interpretted remake. They've already made clear that their focus is on the PS2 players and not the PC players (in an article in the other thread it said that there's tightrope walking in TR:A that was designed for a PS2 controller and not a keyboard). With that in mind, wouldn't a lot of PS2 players be psyched to see new levels that they haven't played before? Eidos/Crystal have already said that they are changing things around and want everything to be fresh, so why not include UB's Egypt levels in the Egypt part of TR1 and UB's Atlantis levels in the Atlantis part of TR1? I'm sure they are reworking everything anyway, and it wouldn't be too hard to fit those levels in the middle somewhere.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 18:00   #13
Lara's Boy

I played part of the first level once, and I really enjoyed it; I wouldn't mind seeing it as an extra feature.

If Mortal Kombat Armageddon can include an arcade perfect version of UMK3, then I don't see why we couldn't possibly have two additional levels.

Hell, I would even take them with the "old" graphics!
Lara's Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 18:51   #14
thevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara's Boy
I played part of the first level once, and I really enjoyed it; I wouldn't mind seeing it as an extra feature.

If Mortal Kombat Armageddon can include an arcade perfect version of UMK3, then I don't see why we couldn't possibly have two additional levels.

Now that would be an old school treat to get the original gold levels in their original form!
thevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 19:01   #15
Elysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara's Boy

That's actually a cracking idea - just add the old levels 'as is' over as unlockables (especially if there was a lack of time to update them to TRA standard). UB is worth it... they're a great set of levels - really challenging (and in some places, absolutely terrifying!) - everyone should have a chance to play them once. I mean, okay, so it would be inthe old graphics with the old controls, but since they would be unlockables, would that really matter? Much more satisfying than outfits, and if you don't like to play old skool TR - then leave them be. Everyone wins!
Elysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 19:04   #16
Lara's Boy

I think that is what a TRUE unlockable would be...I would MUCH rather have the UB levels in their original format than a speed trial or pink parka.
Lara's Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 19:19   #17
JohnnyZ

would be nice a unlockable as everyone says but i'm not that fussed either way, id rather have them concentrate on the main game making sure its long enough lol
JohnnyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 19:19   #18
da tomb raider!

I don't really care either way.
da tomb raider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 19:23   #19
ben croft

It would be great!
ben croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-06, 20:06   #20
Cochrane
Golden

I'd actually prefer if the complete original game was included as-is (with updated technology to run on modern computers, but the rest as-is) as an unlockable.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote