Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 03-12-06, 06:59   #31
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraLover1125
Tomb Raider 1 difficulty at most. No harder. I'm reviewing the game now and it's pretty challenging!
But once you know the puzzles by heart, it's not *that* difficult. Since Eidos/Crystal have already said that it's not a 1:1 remake of TR1, I'm hoping that the new elements are at least as hard as TR1 was the first time through, if not a little bit harder. I agree that it shouldn't be ridiculously difficult to the point where I look at a walkthrough and think, "How the hell could I have figured *that* out?" but maybe a little bit harder would be nice (as long as it's entirely logical and there's nothing that's only hard due to missing seeing a certain pixel, or not making an insane connection that nobody would make).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregori
It should be about as long as TR4, and just slightly harder than TR1.
I agree with the slightly harder than TR1 part. As for the "as long as TR4" part, I think it should only be that long if there is enough creative material to justify it. I do want a really long game, but I absolutely do not want a game that is only long due to having to replay the same bits over and over with excessive back-tracking. That was the aspect of TR4 that I hated, although the story was great and each level was nice the first time through. So please, Crystal, make a long game that does have a bit of backtracking, but mostly consists of exploring new areas with multiple pathways
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 07:52   #32
Jabe

I would like to see some sinister puzzles, how about something like this: Lara finds a floating cube in the middle of a room over a pedistal, she starts to twist it like a Rubik's cube (which the player can control the twisting), and the room she is in twists just like the cube, all of the ledges, ladders, platforms, openings, etc can be rearranged - you need to arrange it so you can get access to a number of openings by getting all of the platforms etc. in an arrangement that can be traversed across to each opening. Now THATS a puzzle! I would love to see things like this in a game. So to answer the question "should TRA be harder than TR1" - YES, especially the puzzles.
Jabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 08:41   #33
scion05

Course id like it to be harder
But somehow i dont see it being
scion05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 09:29   #34
dox online
Golden

i wish but it wont
dox online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 12:23   #35
tombraiderluka

Of course it should.My opinion is that they have many more possibilities to make the game better,they don't use the square engine anymore and somehow even with square engine game was harder.Come one CD,please make it bit harder that legend,cause with that legend you can do anything!
tombraiderluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 12:37   #36
Pink_Oracle

Harder, longer and more enjoyable should be Crystal’s main drive while re-creating TRI.
I mean why else would you re-make something other then to improve upon it?
Pink_Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 13:59   #37
Tomb Raider Jay
Inactive

Lightbulb

Yes, I think they should make TR1 harder

In TR1 the levels and puzzles were pretty difficult because I was younger but now when I play TR its like wow this is so easy

I like the original posters idea about adding new traps, enemies and dangers into the games design, it'll give us, the players something to worry about - like wondering what danger lurks around the next corner - kinda thing!

I want to be surprised by this game, I want the experience to feel new and exciting but still have a little bit of wonder from the originals design and puzzles

I'll be honest and say that if this game was entierly re-made stone from stone as a complete re-do of the original only with new graphics then I would be pretty disappointed

Thankfully thats not what Toby Gard and Crystal are doing, they are changing the game to fit with todays technology and todays gameplay standards and anyway who really wants to have to take three steps back to make a jump? - I don't think anyone wants TR to go back there again

But yeah they need to make it harder, more challenging and enjoyable for fans of both the classics and Legend alike

Last edited by Tomb Raider Jay; 03-12-06 at 14:01.
Tomb Raider Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 18:48   #38
paulwork

I don't think we're gonna get to see really super-challenging, numerous and varied puzzles in TRA, but I do think that overall it will be much more difficult than TRL.

TR was once hailed (by university professors even - I remember reading an article in The Times about it years ago) as being great for flexing the mental muscles and challenging the IQ as well as being good for hand-eye co-ordination etc... I would love a return to that, but I just can't see it happening.

I think they are probably going to make objects etc... more camouflaged and less easier to spot in TRA, and find other ways to challenge us. But I would so love to be proven wriong and see the return of truly brainteasing puzzles.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote