Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-07-18, 20:28   #1
Samz

Default Konstatines stigmata.

If his Stigmata is fake, why does it "Conveniently" start bleeding when he prays in that one scene?
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 20:39   #2
Rai

My only, rather weak explanation is that the wounds reopened due to how hard he was pressing on them as he prayed. He had his hands very tightly clenched together.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 20:40   #3
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
If his Stigmata is fake, why does it "Conveniently" start bleeding when he prays in that one scene?
It's not his stigmata is fake he believe it was god who make him like that but in truth it's Anna who have mutilled him as he was a child.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 20:42   #4
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
It's not his stigmata is fake he believe it was god who make him like that but in truth it's Anna who have mutilled him as he was a child.
That's what makes them fake, because Ana caused the wounds. Konstantin just believes God marked him (which would make them real).
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 20:44   #5
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Was a thread for this necessary? Could have write it in General Chat.

This stigmata is the worst thing in the story. It means nothing to the story.

First: Ana leaves the recording where she talks about how she carved the marks in Konstantine hands for anyone to find.
Second: I the player have to come up with an explanation on how she did the stigmata in his both hands without him waking up and see her. Maybe she drugged him, carved the marks and after the drug effect was gone he wake up from the pain.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 22:42   #6
JuditePrince12

His "stigmata" was fake. In the documents of Rise you find out Ana was the one who carved those into hands when he was little, and I think they were living in an catholic orphanage if I'm not mistaken . She then convinced him it was God at a young age.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 00:42   #7
Legends

*Searching my brain for this useless information that I learned when I played the game* This plot.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 01:38   #8
AimlessThunder

This was such a weak plot device. They did not expand on it one bit. Maybe Ana carved his hands when they were children.. But this doesn't explain how they would start bleeding randomly.
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 06:56   #9
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
This was such a weak plot device. They did not expand on it one bit. Maybe Ana carved his hands when they were children.. But this doesn't explain how they would start bleeding randomly.
Maybe that wasn’t the first time he or someone else, Ana. has pressed them. He kind of applied a lot of pressure to them.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 07:26   #10
Swiz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Maybe that wasn’t the first time he or someone else, Ana. has pressed them. He kind of applied a lot of pressure to them.
Considering it's been 30-50 years since Ana maimed him, that's a long time for wounds to remain open with no infection. He'd likelier be running around with stumps for arms.

Unless she's drugging him every few days and re-stabbing him. Which would be exceptionally odd to pull off for such a long time with no concerns - for his health or his suspicions.

It's just a poorly implemented plot point that lacked any point at all.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote