Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-11-18, 04:06   #1
sasho648

Default I had a dream

It was so vividly . It was about - my mom playing on the PS2 and on the ending she went besides three colliding triangles (in a circle) - we thought (like the storyteller - not me & my mom - like it was common sense) she would never come back since they became solid as she touched the artifact placed there. Then after that AOD lara in plain jeans learned new abilities and I was like wow - OMG - she was able to fight some cool moves with the shield [square stone gray shield]. And then she was captured her fortune was taken from her - she was held a gun against her - she had a deal not to grab the artifeact or something like that. She also had a child - which she had to abandon in fait of her destiny by praying into some evild gods (She wasn't accepting being forced to be poor - I remember this phrase like part of the story - don't know how it's related to her aborting her baby).

I decided to share this since I know dreams fade so quickly - I just woke up. And for the attention ofcourse - that too.

I played FarCry 2 and Amnesia beforehand - I think it had something to do with that - I don't know

Last edited by sasho648; 06-11-18 at 04:27.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 07:03   #2
Potkanka

That does sounds weird - then again dreams often are.
So Lara became a penniless single mother? And gave the baby up to some evil gods? What even...

Oh, if you don't mind others hijacking this thread, maybe other people could share their AoD dreams too, if they had any? Because I know I had several and wrote down some of them...
Potkanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 11:31   #3
Ruu11

omg AoD dreams, I've been collecting some of them

Mines are always something like me playing and suddenly Lara cross the wall of certain place and then there's a whole new level inside of it. I also remember playing the beta version of Paris Ghetto and I swear that it was SO REAL that I almost believe that it was well, real xD (with Janice in front of the hotel. her original position...)

Waking up after those is like... Reality sucks. lmao
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 20:44   #4
Potkanka

Yeah, having AoD dreams where AoD has more than the actual version we got... waking up can be such a disappointment!

Ah, I might copy-past one of my dreams here after all This one is over a year old:

Quote:
I had another Tomb Raider dream: It was about Lara and Kurtis, who meet as teenagers, during the time when Kurtis already ran away from home but Lara still lives with her parents (yeah I know it’s not chronologically possible because Kurtis ran away when he was 19 and Lara was in her twenties by then, but hey, dreams).

Kurtis finds out his father is in mortal danger (lol when isn’t he though?) and wants to save him but also doesn’t want his father to know about it because it would be admittting he came back, back to the War. Lara wants to help Kurtis but also doesn’t want her father to see her, but in her case it’s because he wouldn’t approve. (Their mothers are… elsewhere, I guess?)

For whatever reason (anything’s possible in the TR world tho) Lara and Kurtis are joined by the spectres of their future adult selves. They look a little see-through, like made from wisps of smoke, but still can (and will) pack a punch if needed. Also Lara and Kurtis travel on horses and their spectres travel on their spectre-horses. Just… imagine that, those four, riding through the coutryside (which looked suspiciously like the fields around my village…).

Sadly, there wasn’t much of a story otherwise, but there was a part where Lara’s father sees her, along with her future self, when they are kicking some ass. So he sees what his Lara is like and also a proof that she’s going to become even more badass. They didn’t have time to chat though, both Laras turned their horses and rode away after Kurtis (or both of them) to help save his father. And looked totally cool while doing it.
Old 09-11-18, 04:14   #5
GameGlitcher77

Exclamation Any nightmares???

I had a nightmare that I was trapped in the Sanatrium with those mutants in straight jackets with the claws...

I was glad to wake up
GameGlitcher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 14:02   #6
Potkanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGlitcher77 View Post
I had a nightmare that I was trapped in the Sanatrium with those mutants in straight jackets with the claws...

I was glad to wake up
Sanitarium, well, that would make for a nightmare!

I had a dream about Natla and Boaz conducting experiments together and accidentally starting a zombie apocalypse, but it was hilarious actually, they had to fight their way out of the zombie-infested building along with Lara and Kurtis.

Oh, I did have one nightmare that had very AoD atmospehere, but there was Underworld Natla stalking me. Like, super creepy, it was more her menacing presence lurking than actually seeing her anywhere (if I don't count that huge statue of her I found, like 7 m tall or something). I woke up and hid all my limbs securely under the blanket, I still felt like Natla was creeping around
Old 14-11-18, 19:34   #7
TRExpertgamer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
It was so vividly . It was about - my mom playing on the PS2 and on the ending she went besides three colliding triangles (in a circle) - we thought (like the storyteller - not me & my mom - like it was common sense) she would never come back since they became solid as she touched the artifact placed there. Then after that AOD lara in plain jeans learned new abilities and I was like wow - OMG - she was able to fight some cool moves with the shield [square stone gray shield]. And then she was captured her fortune was taken from her - she was held a gun against her - she had a deal not to grab the artifeact or something like that. She also had a child - which she had to abandon in fait of her destiny by praying into some evild gods (She wasn't accepting being forced to be poor - I remember this phrase like part of the story - don't know how it's related to her aborting her baby).

I decided to share this since I know dreams fade so quickly - I just woke up. And for the attention ofcourse - that too.

I played FarCry 2 and Amnesia beforehand - I think it had something to do with that - I don't know
my mother doesn't even know how to play ANY video games at all as much as I know she's really absolutely never into any of that at all!
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote