Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-05-12, 17:28   #1001
Horus-Goddess

Oh wow, I wish I'd seen that sooner.

Thank you so much Titak. I thought it should have been possible for the mesh to be over 255, as I have done it before... But to do the remapping I used editwad using the usual method in Meta from one of his tutorials. Now that I know what the problem was, I can properly remap it even if it means doing it manually in strpix or something.

Thank you! Now I can go back and edit a few things.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-12, 17:29   #1002
Raider99

But no pockets?
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-12, 17:33   #1003
Horus-Goddess

No R99 lol. I have said why multiple times now.

A joint can only have up to 11 points where they connect to a mesh (which is also mentioned in Sapper's guide to remapping). Any more than that and it will not connect no matter what you try to do.
Old 17-05-12, 19:36   #1004
Raider99

I know, sad...
Btw, it's fantastic and with 2D texture!
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-12, 20:54   #1005
Horus-Goddess

Well I'm stumped on this one. :/ I'm about to scrap the chest strap altogether lol. I used editwad to export the mesh as MQO, did the usual editing to add the strap onto the pack. Imported it back in yadda yadda, I tested it and got this. So I remapped the points using the Meta method. Imported back in, still the same problem. So I then tried to remap manually in strpix to no avail... I'm assuming the green points mean they will connect? With this current mesh there are 263 vertices. However, if I try to remap anything above 0-6 it doesn't work at all. :/ I tried starting again from scratch, removing the pack and saving the pack in another slot. Tested it without the pack and it works of course. There are no red dots on the joint holes. So I tried adding the pack to the chest and still I got this same problem. I went in and checked the joint holes, all are mapped from 0-35. This shouldn't be an issue at all, in fact it should be working just fine this way. So I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here ~_~. I'm about to just lower the vertex count on some part of the mesh to 255 and leave it at that...

So with that in mind, I got it to work with the chest of the Winter coat for some mysterious reason. I used the same method as above. I deleted the pack off the original chest mesh, then added a new pack (one with the PLS), made minor edits and saved. Everything works fine... and this chest mesh has 292 vertices. And again all joint vertices are numbered 0-35...

So... I'm completely lost ~_~. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 17-05-12, 21:10   #1006
Symsi

The pockets turned out very nicely!

And I think your issue is explained here. (EDIT: Okay, I see it's been linked to in the page before, so I am probably misunderstanding something. Sorry! D:")

+ The green dots are the ones that are remapped (low numbers), yes.

Quote:
TIP:Avoid meshes with the number of vertices not much higher than 256, 512, 768, 1024 etc.
It is like everytime you reach one of these numbers in the quote, the counter of possible remapped vertices starts anew.

In your case, adding more vertices to get further away from 256, should give you more of the green dots, which you can place on the vertics bordering the joints.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
I just hate editing arms soo much hahah. Because like I said before I can't just.. model one arm and flip it for the other. I think it has to do with the way her model is lined up in the animation state, not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Yeah, I just found out about that again today.
Had been a while since I've done outfit editing and I once again noticed how unsymmetrical Lara really is. So no easy mirroring of meshes.
And that's right, lining up the mesh positions in Wadmerger, so they mirror perfectly, fixes this issue, and you can easily mirror the mesh without any trouble.

Last edited by Symsi; 17-05-12 at 21:29.
Symsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-12, 21:22   #1007
Laras Boyfr.

That means you should add dummy vertices (maybe the faces textured in magenta) to highen the vertices number for remapping. It might be a bit chaotic, but it is the easiest solution
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-12, 21:28   #1008
Horus-Goddess

OH okay... that makes more sense. I guess I misunderstood what he meant in the guide. @_@ Wouldn't be the first time haha.

Hmm... Well I guess I can add random vertices if that means it'd help, probably will look messy when looked at in strpix lol. alright I'll see what I can do. Thanks you two
Old 18-05-12, 00:56   #1009
Horus-Goddess

Double post, sorry D:

Finished the Winter set! I'm going to start retexturing for the pink version soon (or maybe just cheat and change the colors of the current textures lol...). After that I might start working on my Chinese style outfit(s) again or begin on the AOD Jeans outfit.

This download is up on mediafire. Upload will be up on trsearch later.

Last edited by Horus-Goddess; 13-07-17 at 22:09.
Old 18-05-12, 01:04   #1010
Richard_Croft

So good
Richard_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote