Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-01-12, 14:36   #481
Profc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyvis View Post
So Luthor..? Do we have any background info on him.

-He's a Librerian at the Strahov
-He has strange shapes on his hands.

Any more ??
There is also this rare info.

Thin to the point of ill health, Luther Rouzic works at the Prague archives. The Librarian Honorarium, he is acknowledged worldwide to be the authority on dead languages and texts. He is also the keeper of the Strahov archives.

Mike Schmitt: "Rouzic is a member of the Cabal. He is their librarian, archivist, and the keeper of the Vault of Trophies at the Strahov in Prague -- a grisly collection of trophies from all of Eckhardt's defeated enemies and the Cabal's conquests."

But I am not sure if it is correct. But it does make some sense because this might give Kurtis a motivation to turn the power back on. And some of the sub levels in the early Sanitarium level might belong the original Vault of Trophies. ) Let's face it what we got in the game had no Vault. Also that part of the area is mentioned as aquatic ruins instead of Vault of Trophies on the big map.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 21:43   #482
Ceamonks890

STRAHOV ARCHIVES

After opening the door from the previous level, we are now in the archives of the Strahov. Lara comments on the scenery of the archives, ‘Wow! This is really something. Impressive!‘ All seems quiet until Lara runs into the one in charge of the archives, Luthor Rouzic.

Lara then demands all the information Luthor Rouzic has on the Sleeper and the Cabal’s activities. Unluckily, Rouzic doesn’t want to talk, and uses his powers to create copies of himself(he is known in the Cabal’s group as the Illusionist). Learn his tactics and keep shooting until he is defeated. Rouzic decides to willingly talk after that very long fight and tells Lara all that he knows. He mentions that the Lux Veritatis Order was said to possess 'weapons of light', the three Periapt Shards. These were looted from ancient underground cities in ancient Turkey. The Lux Veritatis were said to have destroyed the last of the Nephilim Sleepers or Cubiculum Nephili. ‘Thanks’ said Lara. She then proceeds to knock Rouzic out by pistol-whipping him in the head, ‘Sweet dreams’.

Spying a book open on the table, Lara begins to read it. It appears to be a diary from Eckhardt.
Quote:
’I have 100 summers to prepare for the revivifying of the Nephilim bloodline. And the reward for my labours will be immortality. 1425. By the means of human sacrifice the Sanglyph is complete! I have today cast the Nephilim metals into five symbols of power. The Glove, attuned in like fashion is almost complete. With it I shall harvest those essences necessary for the Sleeper's awakening. By the Glove and Sanglyph combined shall I bestir the Sleeper to my bidding. My every attempt to extract Nephilim essences have come to nought. I need the true cask of the Sleeper. It must be found! The thrice cursed Shard of the Lux Veritatis maggots I have placed beyond reach. With it hidden none will stand against me.‘
Lara puts the book down, having read enough of this madman’s thoughts. We now can go off to the Bio-Research Facility. But before heading on your way, take time to marvel at the many trophies that the Cabal have obtained over the centuries. Follow the directions on the Strahov map/Obscura Engraving, in order to find the entrance to the Bio-Research Facility. Use the elevator to go down and finish the level.

BIO-RESEARCH FACILITY

We begin the level a little differently than in the final game. Instead of being inside a garden, we are inside a laboratory of some sort, with mutant creatures placed in experiment tanks. You’re also notice that Lara is in a new outfit: the camo shorts. Walk out of the elevator and press the yellow buttons to open the door into the research area. A camerashot shows off the area, revealing one of the experiments has awoken from it’s slumber, breaking the glass from within it’s tank.

Walk out until Lara sees this creature, ‘Who‘s a pretty boy then. C’mon, let’s see what you can do’. Gun him down, avoiding his claws and magical blast attacks, then get ready for some rolling insect-like creatures that will bite you, ‘Here we go again. Let’s rock.’ If one of the insect-like creatures bites you, Lara will say, ‘You like biting things- bite this!‘ Kill all the creatures, until you’re alone again. Search this room to find some health bandages and ammo clips for your Mag Vega gun. Now, go up the staircase to your left, jump up to the pipe above and use the valves to open up the bottom of the tank that was broken open by the clawed mutant. Climb back down, then fall into the pool of water below the clawed mutant’s tank.

Get out, and you are offered two choices to continue: either slide down into some more water and avoid the mutant fish, or slide down and grab the ladder, pick up a small medipack and open the doors, traversing through a corridor to arrive on the first floor of the room containing the pool with a mutant fish in it. Kill the Strahov guard in the hazmat suit, and climb up the leaves until you reach the top. Unfortunately, both the nearby door and the lift are useless to you, so go back down and jump to the valve placed on the pipe. Use it to turn off the deadly steam, then pick up the Mag Vega ammo clip.

Climb the ladder nearby, to find health pills, a Mag Vega clip and another ammo clip for your Vector-R35 dual pistols. Go to the place where the steam used to be and wall hug, climb up the pipe, traverse along the ledge and climb up before your grip bar runs out completely.

Do a running jump and grab the fence, so you’re on the other side of the room. Climb down and press the buttons to get into the next area. A brief cutscene triggers, showing that a mutated vine has used it’s branches to seal the door shut, blocking your way out of this room.
Lara will randomly comment on the state of the grass in this room, ’The grass in here needs cutting- badly. Where’s a good lawnmower, when you need one?’. To resolve the problem with the mutated vine, go use the staircase to gain access to some valves and a lever that controls the pesticide in the pipes near the mutated vine. Move the small table out of the way beside the valves to reveal possible solutions for getting the right amount of pesticide necessary to kill the mutated vine. Solve this little puzzle(you will know you have the right amount when Lara says, ’Ok, that’s it. Try this for size.’) and you’re be rewarded with a little cutscene showing the outcome of your efforts. The pesticide kills the mutated vine, forcing it to remove its branches from the door and slams itself into the wall, hanging just above the door.

Continue on into the next room and you’re be greeted with a camerashot of the room. Now, head left to defeat the first Strahov guard and retrieve the botanical low security pass, ’This pass will get me where I need to go.’ Climb up the ladder and take a left. Do a sprint jump to reach the other side. Kill the guard to retrieve the botanical medium security pass, then go left to retrieve another Mag Vega ammo clip. Sprint jump back to where you were before and walk up the staircases to stand in front of a door. Unfortunately, the door can only be opened from the other side, so perform some ‘hop’ jumps to get across the ledges. Jump to the spot not blocked by the fence to arrive on the other side. If you want, you may take a detour for some health bandages, by sliding down and grabbing the roof. Drop down safely to land on a ledge and pick up the health bandages.

Running along, Lara will mention that a nearby ledge looks too far, doubting she will be able to make it. Kill the guard on his patrol, then go to a place where Lara can attempt a jump more easily. Accomplishing this will give Lara the strength to make it across to that difficult ledge. Get to the other side, then run up the staircase until you come to a pipe covered with leaves. Climb it, then move along it(as if you were hanging from a ledge), then climb up and get ready for a cutscene.

Quote:
*Lara crouches down, watching some of the Cabal members arguing with one another*
Muller is attempting to get the power back on to the Strahov, but is currently unsuccessful*
Eckhardt: There's chaos out there! Why has the power has been cut off?
Gunderson: Is this your doing Muller?
Muller: No, the power’s down everywhere.
Eckhardt: Just control things in the Dome then. Do it. Is everything locked down? We don’t want anything getting loose.
Gunderson: It’s under control Master Eckhardt.
*Boaz rushes in*
Boaz: We have a problem down in the Sanatorium.
Eckhardt: What problem Boaz? Just have the guards deal with your inmates and pets.
Boaz: I have a confession. Master Eckhardt, I didn’t destroy the Proto-Nephilim!
Gunderson: The Proto? You are kidding, right Boaz? I need to supervise this personally.
*Gunderson leaves*
Eckhardt: That experiment was to be eradicated! I expressly ordered it. It’s far too dangerous to keep alive!
Boaz: I couldn’t! It’s half Nephilim! That makes it impossible to kill without your Periapt Shard!
*Eckhardt loses his patience*
Eckhardt: You’ve ignored my orders for the last time Boaz! Muller, I need the services of one of your little creations.
Boaz: Ahhhh, please noooo! It’s wasn’t my fault! I’m loyal!
Eckhardt: Your own incompetence has sentenced you Boaz!
Boaz: Give me a chance! Not the pod! No. No! *is devoured by the pod*
Eckhardt: I will be obeyed! Now, sort this mess out.
*camera returns to Lara*
Pick up the botanical high security pass from the dead guard and another ammo clip for your Vector-R35 dual pistols. Then return to the bottom and use the pass cards you’ve collected to enter the next area. Run down the steps and you are now in the first area we would have been at the beginning of the level. Walk up to Muller for a little chat. He is now wearing a hooded hat to protect himself, similar to beekeepers.

Quote:
Lara: Don’t breathe and definitely don’t move.
Muller: You’re in big trouble, whoever you are. Intruders don’t last long in the Strahov.
Lara: Just answer my questions! Fine. First question- who are you? Second question- what are you and your buddies up to in here?
Muller: You really don’t know what the Cabal is? We are the beginning of a new order of life on Earth.
Lara: Well, I’ve never heard of you.
Muller: Ignorant mortal! The Cabal! We control everything here in Prague. It means that we are going to be immortal, and you are going to be dead, intruder!
Lara: Immortal? That is impressive. How are you going to manage that?
Muller: I can’t tell you. It’s more than my life’s worth. Does that help? Meister Eckhardt is about to return the Nephilim race to glory. For our part in that triumph, he will grant us immortality.
Lara: If I had a coconut for every time some lunatic said something like that…
Muller: Your pathetic ignorance blinds you. We already have the last vital element from Turkey here in the Strahov.
Lara: And that is…?
Muller: The only true remaining Nephilim. The Cubiculum Nephili. The Sleeper. That’s right. The last of the extinct race, here in the Strahov.
Lara: Surely, the Nephilim are just a myth.
Muller: You see! Ignorance! With vital essences extracted from this precious specimen, Meister Eckhardt can breed the next generation of pure Nephilim. No more abomination to run amok, like Boaz’s Proto-Nephilim. She deserved to pay for her stupidity.
Lara: Yes, highly inconvenient having abominations running around loose, isn’t it?
Muller: You have no idea what you are mocking!
Now, instead of Lara getting sprayed with pesticide by Muller, in order for him to escape like in the final game, we are in for a boss battle. Muller mysteriously has the power to call forth a swarm of bees through his arms, seemingly out of nowhere. Get ready, as this will be one tough battle. Commando crawl when Muller commands his bees towards your position, as the bees are ready to sting you at any time and will cause a considerable amount of damage to Lara. Keep shooting, but be always on the move, as Muller will be changing position as well, so he is aware of where you are at all times. Muller will shriek after a few bullets hurt him. Lara will say various comments during the battle
‘OK, let’s see your best shot’.
‘Let’s see what you got.’
‘Bite this!’

Keep doing this same tactic until Muller retreats, knowing he is outmatched against Lara, without the rest of the Cabal to lend a hand.

Now that Muller is gone, you can go. But first, you will have to re-open the door manually, as it is currently locked. Go to the fountain and pull one of the creature heads(which is a secret lever), in order to get a statue nearby to move back, revealing a secret room. Go there, climb the ladder and pick up some Vector-R35 dual pistol ammo clips. Use the switch to re-unlock the door. But before leaving, take your time to pick up a Mag Vega ammo clip and more Vector-R35 dual pistol ammo clips. One of these clips is placed near a mutant plant that will attempt to bite Lara, while she is picking up the clip but fails, to which Lara sarcastically replies,’ Great, broccoli with attitude.’ You can’t kill the plant, so just ignore it.

Having all we can find here, go to the exit and press the buttons to advance. You are now in a room full with pipes spewing poisonous gas into the corridor. Lara replies, ’Gas! Gotta get out of here!’ But before going, take a detour to pick up another Vector-R35 ammo clip, then jump into a pool of water to end up in a secret room. Climb out of the water, then pull a crate to the right position, so you can climb up and retrieve some health pills and bandages from the lockers. Retrace your steps and go to the doors. Press the button to open it, then go right.

A cutscene triggers, reuniting Lara with the ’stalker’ from the Louvre.

Quote:
*Lara walks in, annoyed to find that the entrance to the Sanatorium is jammed. She spots Kurtis on the other side, pulling out a Vector-R35 in response*
Kurtis: You really have made a mess of things, haven’t you?
Lara: Who for? The stalker who stole my painting! What do you need with the painting?
Kurtis: Maybe I’ll explain later, Ms Croft, but for now, I need to go and turn the power back on.
Lara: Leaving me here?
Kurtis: You’ve caused enough problems over the last two days. Safer for everyone, if you stay in one place for a while. You’ll be OK in there.
*Lara pulls out one of her own Periapt Shards and shows it to Kurtis*
Lara: And this?
Kurtis: My Periapt Shard! You…
Lara: …picked it up in the Louvre, yes. After you stole MY painting!
Kurtis: All this can wait. I’ll know where you’ll be. Take a breather from damaging things, why dontcha?
*Kurtis walks off to the Sanatorium, Lara frustrated that she has to wait it out on the sidelines*

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 10-05-15 at 06:06.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 22:10   #483
tomee

Geez, more than half of Prague is left and it already sounds awesome.
But can you please change the colour of the missing lines? My memories area lil' bit rusty.

Also there's this one thing that bugs me. Isn't there any indication about boaz in this disguise?

It seems like as if she was going to be a boss or enemy but her identity wasn't revealed until later in the cutscene where Eckhardt killed her. Or maybe she was spying on Krutis?
Does this make sense?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 22:15   #484
Profc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Geez, more than half of Prague is left and it already sounds awesome.
But can you please change the colour of the missing lines? My memories area lil' bit rusty.

Also there's this one thing that bugs me. Isn't there any indication about boaz in this disguise?

It seems like as if she was going to be a boss or enemy but her identity wasn't revealed until later in the cutscene where Eckhardt killed her. Or maybe she was spying on Krutis?
Does this make sense?

I think that there was suppossed to be a cutscene in the morgue. She was probably wearing that during the operations. Maybe there was longer cutscene when the lights went out.

About the Rouzic Part. Why is everyone assuming Lara is the one that encountered him? Maybe Kurtis did that? I know it sounds crazy talk but order of levels in Traod Scu is not random. I deeply believe that Kurtis turned that power on in order to open the Vault. There was huge time skip after he turned the power back on. I always assumed that Rouzic had illusion based powers and they were forced to remove him from the game after they cut out Kurtis's powers. Illusionist vs The Telekinetic. But this is just my idea.

Last edited by Profc; 06-01-12 at 22:24.
Old 06-01-12, 22:19   #485
tomee

I'm just guessing. Maybe she was supposed to be alarmed when the proto escaped? So she decided to leave the morgue. She could've been doing whatever on that body which can be found in the sanitorium.
Old 06-01-12, 22:30   #486
Profc

Quote:
I'm just guessing. Maybe she was supposed to be alarmed when the proto escaped? So she decided to leave the morgue. She could've been doing whatever on that body which can be found in the sanitorium.
It might also has something to do with the doctor cutscene in the Sanitorium. Remember how everyone made fun of that cutscene ? Zombies were running amok in the corridors and he was just working hard on his computer ignoring the zombie invasion. Maybe she was in that cutscene somwhere?

It might make more sense if that Doctor was attacked before the guards died down.
Old 06-01-12, 22:57   #487
tomee

In order for that to be possible, the sanitorium must take place before the bio-research facility.
Old 06-01-12, 22:59   #488
Profc

Quote:
In order for that to be possible, the sanitorium must take place before the bio-research facility.
Maybe that cutscene took place before the actual level started and Boaz run of leaving the poor doctor.
Old 07-01-12, 01:08   #489
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

I remember in some old thread, someone mentioned that they remembered seeing a cutscene with boaz in that costume. She was working on a body (possibly the second proto) when the alarm went off, then she fled the scene. This person had one of the original buggy copies of AOD, so its possible they were telling the truth. It does seem to line up.
!Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 02:10   #490
KIKO

@Ceamonks: Awesome entry! Also I noticed we're missing a cutscene of Kurtis just before Lara arrives at Prague. I however don't know the purpose of that cutscene Maybe he found a different way into the Strahov... surely he couldn't get the same way as Lara without a pass.

@Profc: About Kurtis meeting Luther Rouzic instead of Lara, it could be possible but it's just as likely for Lara to meet him too. It's a strange thing we open a small door and we're suddenly in a library. Well if Kurtis was to meet Rouzic, this could also explain the route that Kurtis takes, which is different from Lara's and that probably through a much more appropriate door. But it could still be Lara who meets him...

@!LaraCroft!: If that person speaks the truth, then the bio-research facility is misplaced but that leaves me with a question. Where would the level go? After the sanitarium levels?

EDIT: Found these in the concept art thread, seems like the power would have been turned off in the Sanitarium levels or this is just an early build of the strahov...

Last edited by KIKO; 07-01-12 at 02:16.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote