Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 01-10-14, 11:34   #1
mizuno_suisei

Default Adding triggers to already compiled levels

Hi all.

Long story short, I have an original TR3 level I want to add triggers to. To be exact, a tile in the level, where there are multiple triggers already. I want to add another trigger to said tile (without deleting the old ones BUT willing to retrigger the objects again granted I can create multi triggers.)

My experiences so far,

TRItem. Can successfully add the trigger to the desired square BUT, TRItem doesn't show all the levels contained ITEMS in it's item list so I cannot retrigger the previous item triggers along with it. (odd it doesn't show them all...only some)

Win_TRScrp. No dice here at all. I used the automatic trigger creation area with the correct room, collumn and row data. Add my desired trigger and it 'creates' into the scripting window. I go to compile the level but I get an 'Error at line 1' error yet there's definately no error.

Are there any other super secret programs out there that can add triggers? damn I wish FexinspectSK could do so... a brilliant program that is!

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 01-10-14 at 11:36.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 16:37   #2
Kikiloco

Quote:
Win_TRScrp. No dice here at all. I used the automatic trigger creation area with the correct room, collumn and row data. Add my desired trigger and it 'creates' into the scripting window. I go to compile the level but I get an 'Error at line 1' error yet there's definately no error.
Could you post your script trigger here?
Kikiloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 09:25   #3
mizuno_suisei

This is what auto generates in the 'Triggers Manager' side

Quote:
Start_Trigger(6,10,14)
Do_With_Activate(62,0,0)
Play_Sound_track(79)
End()
End_TRigger()
On the topic of above anyway, there's the 'switch/key/item' number area. I try to type in 0 as it's not an object I'm triggering but it just auto changes to number 2.

Might aswell type this preemptively if you have the solution to above. If I can manage to get that error removed, I'll then I assume have to retrigger the original objects on that square like the original level ontop of my sound trigger I want to add. What program would have the best for object ID numbers on the map?

I'd trust Fexinspect BUT even with the rooms, Fex's first room is always Room 0, yet TRSCP's first room is 1. just worried about wrong entries
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 18:02   #4
Kikiloco

I recibed your privated email about this subject.

Long time ago i was fluid using SCP code, maybe i can help you, however i remember i did search where to download the winscp tool and found none link.

If you can provide me with a link meybe i can check it out.

Last edited by Kikiloco; 03-11-14 at 18:04.
Old 04-11-14, 00:22   #5
sapper

http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/index.asp?id=1084
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 18:14   #6
Kikiloco

Thanks Sapper, I did previusly went to laraslevelbase.org and from main menu i was looking the app but i did not found it; thank you very much for the link.

Wow!, nice tool, nice GUi, however someone that never used this ancient Tr modding way, will be totally clueless.

The readme.txt is in english a gives a litle introduction to the tool; but the "manuals" where it explain how to do the mod are 4 text file in spanish, (but you are from spain are you?).

To be able to do somthing you need to pair this app with a visual tool that allow you to:

Shows room geometry at tells you row,column in room grid where you want to put a trigger or an object.

Shows items and tells you the item correlative number so you can use that number for put triggers.

Currently i think fexinspect is the best tool to pair with this, when you click in the map it tells the row and column, show items numbers, and even show you what triggers is already placed.

If at your desired sector there is an original trigger where you want to "add" your own commands, for example to play a sound, then you will have to write in win_trscp the whole trigger, including the originals one plus your newones.

The logic to work with this is that you will open your original tr file to be moded, then you construct a type text of your mod adding items and triggers, you save your text file and "compile" the level, then you use "save as..." menu option for create a new tr file which include your mod; (never overwrite the original level); if you wanr to change somthing, just open yor original file and scp file and build again the mod tr file.

Ok. about your error message problem; I did a litle test opening a tr4 file, and added play soundtrack command at room with a block triger like you post; when i compile (f9) did not get any message error; but the status windows the one it says "whait a moment.." seem did not vanished when done, it stay there, so one could think it still doing something, but it is not, after using "save as..." the dialog dissapear; then i tested the moded tr4 and the new trigger was flawless, it works great.

This app was coded in Delphi compiler, and it works parsing your lines text, geting the parameters between comas character, so i suspect your problem could be related to your computer regional setting that in some cases change the way how delphi programs interprete line text; try changin your regional setting to dot character as decimal separator and comma character as thousand separators.

Let me know what original tr3 file are you trying to mod, and at what room, row,column are you trying to place a trigger to check this my self.

best luck,

kiki
Old 05-11-14, 14:09   #7
HeinzFritz

@Kikiloco, I just tried Win_TRScrp and looks like it works so far. At least it compiles and saves edited levels. The bad side is that I can not pair it with Fexinspect as it won't load the tr4 level at all, but gives the access violation error message.
Note that the test level I tried it with is TREP edited, full of high resolution meshes, custom flipeffects and meta2tr edited room geometry.
Is there a possibility to update Fexinspect so it can handle all the complicated levels that are possible lately?
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-14, 16:17   #8
Turbo Pascal

Quote:
Is there a possibility to update Fexinspect so it can handle all the complicated levels that are possible lately?
I hope you are not thinking to mod your level using these ancient tools, i dont have win_trscp source code, it was coded by someone else.

But if you need fexinspect for somthing else and as far it is a regular tr4 file format, i can do that.

I remember i was tould the tr4 files generated by Paolone Next generation level editor does change the original file format; and some way of encription was include; so i cant uodate any of my tools to support that.

For regular tr4 files, let me see what i can do.

Last edited by Turbo Pascal; 05-11-14 at 17:08.
Turbo Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-14, 22:52   #9
HeinzFritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Pascal View Post
if you need fexinspect for somthing else and as far it is a regular tr4 file format, i can do that.

I remember i was tould the tr4 files generated by Paolone Next generation level editor does change the original file format; and some way of encription was include; so i cant uodate any of my tools to support that.

For regular tr4 files, let me see what i can do.
Thanks for your offer Turbo. I have been checking Fexinspect the last few days, which is the only one of your tools that I have never used before as it only checks existing levels and my own levels I did not need to check as I created them myself. But your Fexinspect SK allows modifying levels in an easy way. Most of the modifications implemented can by now be done in the newest version of Meta2tr, like moving, rotating etc, but there are some that can not be done otherwise, like changing the objects ID (changing one object to another that is not present in the map, but it is in the .tr4 file), then changing OCB and room flags. Good would also be adding cameras, flip effects, triggers, lights etc.
Not that it is essential for the projects (or better say experiments) I am creating at the moment, so I won't bother you to update it for me, but I would appreciate it and so would others I am sure, so if you have time to do it, all will welcome it.
As you probably know I am sticking to TREP and to the TREP compatible level editor, so I do not have the NG problems that you mention.
Cheers!
Heinz
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote