Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-06, 21:32   #11
Socrates

My biggest problem is that I started playing this thing Monday night, and I'm almost done with it.

Honestly, I really like the new look. I think it's a nice visual update. I have really enjoyed some of the puzzles, although all seem too short. I liked the chatting stuff with the guys back at the mansion. I even liked some of the updated controls and the way that she moves.

What I don't like is how small and simple the levels are. What made the old TR's so great was having to run in 20 directions to solve a level and having to cross back and forth through areas, etc. It always felt like a very big world, and sometimes you started to feel like you just might really have gotten poor Lara lost in a tomb somewhere under the desert.

I noticed something online about having to go back through the levels to do time trials???? That sounds lame, although I haven't gon back to do them yet. That is what THQ does in their Nickelodeon titles for kids, and it's basically a cop out. In order to make the game longer, instead of giving you a decent number of levels, they just keep making you go through the same tired levels again, only making it much harder. Harder doesn't necessarily equal more fun.
Old 28-06-06, 21:51   #12
Elysia

Do you know what I hate? The complete lack of monkeys. I WANT MONKEYS, DAMMIT! Great big huge monkeys of Kong like proportions, nicking medipacks and making Lara go all Fay Wray...

There should also be an all ape musical number, too. As an unlockable bonus. Slaughter all monkeys and unlock the Monkey Cabaret. The *Zombie* Monkey Cabaret, no less.

And Lara should have an ape suit, complete with hairy gorilla hands. *sings* Whoo-hoo-hoo, I wanna be like you-hoo-hoooo.....
Old 28-06-06, 21:58   #13
AdamTheInept

yeaaaaah
i wanted to go hunting.
Old 28-06-06, 23:35   #14
pythontrainer

shouldnt this thread title have the word "official" its just something seems wrong that is hasnt got that word in it....

otherwise for my helpful contribution to this spectacular thread (yawn) i loved legend, as a TR and as a game in its self.... even in the 1st level Bolivia, just take some time to stop at a vista and look around... listen to the sounds, watch the water rush over the top of the waterfall...
Old 29-06-06, 01:16   #15
Joshorty

I dunno if it should be official but Legend, for all I know, is an up-and-down game - just like one guy said in a well said post (too lazy to quote..sorry-_- yet well said!)
Right now, I keep replaying Legend over & over, trying out different costumes/person, and now having the "weapon glitch" during cutscenes
NOW, I'm replaying Tomb Raider Legend over & over with the PSP version got myself busy also with the multiplayer and amazing (seriously) gorgeous looking Tomb Trials levels Right now, I have everything I needed on the bonus yet I'm only missing 2 more PSP exclusive costumes and 1 set of art gallery...I think the only way to complete this is to search for anyone I can play Raid 'N seek with and then from there it'd reward you I guess...I'm not done with Legend yet - have so much business with this version of this game but once I'm done this "bonus quest", I might keep replaying then eventually...I'm gonna get tired of it 'cause of its shortness and repetetive play
So Legend, if it was longer, I probably would've liked it more then I do now.
Old 29-06-06, 13:57   #16
TR freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by laras_2006
My thread that is now closed was not a Legend Hater thread. It was a Legend liker thread. I mean't that if you hate TRL then you Hate TR1 as Toby had the main say in the redesign. If it was not good with him then it was most likely deleted.

Sorry to go oftopic but I could post this in my thread.
One man doesn't make a game you know. Also toby gard came into legend late into develpoment so he had very little to do with the game. Anyway I dont hate legend. I like it. Its a good action platformer but its not really a tomb raider. This game was about going along the path shooting mercs along the way. Thats not tomb raider. Legend is a good action platformer but not a tomb raider and its as simple as that.
Old 29-06-06, 19:02   #17
thevman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysia
Do you know what I hate? The complete lack of monkeys. I WANT MONKEYS, DAMMIT! Great big huge monkeys of Kong like proportions, nicking medipacks and making Lara go all Fay Wray...

There should also be an all ape musical number, too. As an unlockable bonus. Slaughter all monkeys and unlock the Monkey Cabaret. The *Zombie* Monkey Cabaret, no less.

And Lara should have an ape suit, complete with hairy gorilla hands. *sings* Whoo-hoo-hoo, I wanna be like you-hoo-hoooo.....

*puts on monkey suit*

Here elysia, elysia... I'l show ya creamy...

*gets shot 15 different ways to sunday*
Old 29-06-06, 20:42   #18
Mona Sax

Back on topic please...

Why do I hate Legend? Hmm... I don't. It's a good game IMO.
Old 29-06-06, 21:10   #19
Gambit37

Quote:
Originally Posted by laras_2006
My thread that is now closed was not a Legend Hater thread. It was a Legend liker thread. I mean't that if you hate TRL then you Hate TR1 as Toby had the main say in the redesign. If it was not good with him then it was most likely deleted.
As noted above by others, Toby created Lara, not Tomb Raider. He had very little to do with the development of the GAME the first time round, and same this time.
Old 29-06-06, 21:28   #20
shockwave_pulsar00

I hate Legend because........um.......

1. Lara Can't Fly!
2. She Can't Do magic!
3. There is no Big Rock Candy Mountain level!
4. Lara locked the door to her attic in the mansion!
5. The Japanese male enemy with the purple shirt in Tokyo(it so did not go with those pants)!
6. Lara changed her clothes! I mean, real people wear the same clothes everyday!
7. What was Amanda thinking! Being goth is sOOOOOO last year!
8. Lara didn't go fishing.
9. Lara didn't have a slumber party with Zip and Alister while sharing makeup tips while roasting marshmallows!

Closed Thread