Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 26-07-17, 11:54   #1
fox3d

Default create 3d

hi!
Anyone can help,I want to create Realistic model
I saw a lot of works created in daz 3d

Last edited by fox3d; 27-07-17 at 04:36. Reason: Image removed. Please use approved image hosting service. See FAQ for details.
fox3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 12:29   #2
dinne

You've surely seen the superb and delicious renders of tombraiders4ever.
At the bottom of every creation he adds what he used to compose the image, so there are all the references to the models that he downloaded from Daz store (I think that the most of them has a cost... But it's not that high) so you can download them too, or to find out similar pieces. Modelling in Daz is more like "composing", I mean, it's not that you create all the faces ecc but you "simply" change parameters of the bodies ("simply", well, I don't mean that it's imediate).
Instead, if you want to create a 3D model from 0, I made it in Blender but it's toooootally another story and it's a very long process if you don't have any skill about. I also started from 0 but it took me almost an entire year to learn all in detail and to create my model in the precise way I was expecting...
See here my steps and expecially the early renders! A disaster... http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=216620 I was "very happy and satisfied" but if I see them now I facepalm myself badly. My work is not finished yet, since I've to rig her with more precision and it's a hard task.

If creating a Lara from 0 seems too hard, and you've no money to download the best models from Daz (check the prices for first, maybe you can find a complete decent outfit for free, I don't know), you can use XNA Lara, that is a software where you can compose screenshots with in-game Laras (with poses that you'll compose manually) that are ripped from the games, and you can edit the textures externally, also, and in this forum we provide a high amount of materials to add to the scenes. But you can find also free models on internet (like, trees, bushes, ancient ruins ecc). Many have used Underworld Lara for this purpose.
If you're interested in XNA Lara, consult this section of the forum! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Last edited by dinne; 26-07-17 at 12:51.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 18:52   #3
tombraider4ever

Thanks for the compliment, dinne! I'm a she btw
You describe it well, it is more like composing You use morphs (some are included in Daz for free, like thin or muscular body) but most you have to buy.
Daz studio is a free program and some models are included for free, others you buy. Here's link to Daz site: clicky from there you can find links to download Daz studio, visit the shop and forums. I can recommend the forums there, very friendly with lots of people wanting to help newbies like me There are also severel new sales there everyday, (and sales that lasts only a few hours like flashsales) and a section for "Fastgrab" - 70% sale that changes models regurly, and a section for freebies

About free Tomb Raider outfits (and weapons), Fredels :clicky for his tombraiderforums profile: clicky for his Renderosity profile has made several classic Lara outfits free to download, check his Renderosity profile under "Freestuff".

Good Luck, I look forward to see your 3D Lara!
tombraider4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-17, 19:26   #4
fox3d

Default create 3d

thanks for the anwers! I'll try your advice
I need to learn a lot

Last edited by fox3d; 27-07-17 at 05:03. Reason: Image removed. Please keep it family friendly.
fox3d is offline   Reply With Quote