www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 15-08-17, 07:03   #91
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaron View Post
Sounds like nonsense to me
Erm... why!? I've played backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One and it works perfect since they decided to not force out one title per month but started to take their time. Halo Reach and Red Dead Redemption had massive framerate drops which are gone now, the loading times of all games are shorter and the resolution is higher. Of course, multiplatform games still don't run as great as the PC versions, but when it comes to console exclusives, then playing them on the Xbox One is far better than on the 360.
Old 15-08-17, 14:11   #92
Grenade
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Erm... why!? I've played backwards compatible Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One and it works perfect since they decided to not force out one title per month but started to take their time. Halo Reach and Red Dead Redemption had massive framerate drops which are gone now, the loading times of all games are shorter and the resolution is higher. Of course, multiplatform games still don't run as great as the PC versions, but when it comes to console exclusives, then playing them on the Xbox One is far better than on the 360.
That's right. All the frame rate drops are gone with Underworld as well.

Old Yesterday, 11:05   #93
RWTSB
Archaeologist

I feel this game might be underrated. Recently played this game again and I thought that it was great!! I loved the atmosphere within the games platforming and the music was gorgeous.

I loved the narration, the only negative is the bugs and that the ending was a little too fast paced, loved her reaction within the scenario of her mother. I think I had a teary moment lol.
RWTSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:13   #94
mind
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWTSB View Post
I feel this game might be underrated. Recently played this game again and I thought that it was great!! I loved the atmosphere within the games platforming and the music was gorgeous.

I loved the narration, the only negative is the bugs and that the ending was a little too fast paced, loved her reaction within the scenario of her mother. I think I had a teary moment lol.
Definitely not underrated. I think it was overrated in reviews. It's actually a pretty boring game. Legend is much better.

1) I have no idea why they focused on platforming so much. It would be Ok if it actually posed any challenge.
2) Levels start to feel really boring and repetitive after Mexico, with the same colour palette and long uneventful corridors.
3) Combat is boring. Enemy AI is terrible. Fighting animals may be fun but once you fight human enemies it becomes clear that its worse than in previous games.
4) Lara looks really out of place and plastic compared to rest of the world.
5) The best level from Underworld is exclusive to Xbox. Hell, even the story is not complete on PC and PS4.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote