www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-02-13, 14:28   #111
Baratheon
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkey2 View Post
Thank you, Gigafarig32. Yes, we hope so too
Me three! The team and the skill behind such a project is astounding. Excited times are ahead for all fans, old and new!
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-13, 21:08   #112
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
Me three! The team and the skill behind such a project is astounding. Excited times are ahead for all fans, old and new!
Youre actually part of the team
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-13, 21:21   #113
Profc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkey2 View Post
Thank you, Gigafarig32. Yes, we hope so too

Surely a story is only dead when there is no one left to tell it? I stand by the belief that this story is still very much alive and loved, and still hasn't reached completion. From the amazingly positive responses to TLD project on Facebook, DeviantArt, Twitter, and elsewhere, there are plenty of people who still love AoD for the story and wish to see it come full-circle.

I'm sorry that you have lost interest in what was a major hobby for you; the same is true of me and tabletop wargaming . Without 'escalating' this further - and believe me, no one wants to avoid conflicts and cat-fights on the forum more than myself - I am also sorry that writing - any writing - has not touched you in the personal way that I have referred to. Perhaps it was the subject matter that didn't engage you? The medium (in this case, a video game), and the audience size (whether 30 or 30 million) doesn't matter - it's the storytelling that is the heart and soul of our writing. It is the joy of creating characters and plot that matters, not who is going to read it or how popular it will be, or (gods forbid) how much profit it will make us in a commercial venture.

It is sad that you are not interested anymore, Profc, but understandable. Like you say, people change, and so do their tastes.

Actually I didn't look at this debate as fight at all. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word dead. Because there are still many fans that love it.

Reading other writers stories has actually touched me many times. And I do become a bit protective of my own stories. But I wouldn't really hide it from the world. Everyone is different I guess.

Not exactly a story but the recent European Tv series Spiral, and Forbrydelsen has actually quite touched me. Most of the Hollywood style stories feels a bit superficial for me.

As for the AOD. I am still fond of the original game. Despite it's problems it told a complete story. After being a bit more exposed to the European releases my opinion about completeness has changed a bit. AOD doesn't feel that unfinished for me anymore.

My creative writing class has also changed my opinion about writing characters. I have learned that not every dialog has to focus on the plot %90.

Back when I was here two years ago, I was curious to learn how Shaman and everything else fit into the big picture. Right now I see that they don't have to fit into the whole big story. Like Janice, they are all characters with their own stories.

But the spark inside of me about digging those secrets and details is gone. Right now there is this whole kickstarter thing going on with the adventure games and I am kind of moving to that territory.

Last edited by Profc; 23-02-13 at 21:22.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-13, 21:22   #114
Aurimas

I do not understand why everyone suddenly decided to be against Profc. He is a huge Tomb Raider the Angel of Darkness fan just like me and others. It is obvious that every Tomb Raider the Angel of Darkness fan would like to know more about this game. To be honest, I think telling entire world that you have some material that everyone wants and not sharing it is quite selfish. Some fans have been waiting to know more for years and still do.

Last edited by Aurimas; 23-02-13 at 21:24.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-13, 22:23   #115
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I do understand Profc's frustration as well. Yet I must point out that you're all mistaken. Lara's Boyfriend didn't mean Murti doesn't want to release the story at all. He meant the story won't be released now as it has it's role to play yet and that Murti has to think through this subject once more. So everyone just cool out. You won't miss anything, you just have to wait a little bit longer for news.

Last edited by Caesum; 23-02-13 at 22:37.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-13, 20:22   #116
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level

I also understand his frustration also.
Old 24-02-13, 21:45   #117
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I do understand Profc's frustration as well. Yet I must point out that you're all mistaken. Lara's Boyfriend didn't mean Murti doesn't want to release the story at all. He meant the story won't be released now as it has it's role to play yet and that Murti has to think through this subject once more. So everyone just cool out. You won't miss anything, you just have to wait a little bit longer for news.
I wonder what is the role that it needs to play, it sounds mysterious good thing is that i love mystery. I'm waiting anxiously.
Old 24-02-13, 21:57   #118
Profc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I wonder what is the role that it needs to play, it sounds mysterious good thing is that i love mystery. I'm waiting anxiously.
My advice is don't get your hopes up. Some bit of information will be used in the Lost Dominion fan project. And the rest will never see the light of day.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-13, 22:00   #119
Laras Boyfr.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
My advice is don't get your hopes up. Some bit of information will be used in the Lost Dominion fan project. And the rest will never see the light of day.
Now that you say it... thats actually the best thing to do
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-13, 00:25   #120
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profc View Post
At least it will be known in 2014 as soon as The Lost Dominion is done so... some of the mysteries might be revealed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. View Post
Now that you say it... thats actually the best thing to do
Good thing that i sometimes type without actually feeling much of the excitement i claim i feel.