Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 30-06-18, 15:43   #12871
A_De

Again about the hydra: the description of OCB = 2048 is not correct I think. It says it should disable the small fire before magic shot, but in reality it completely disables any effect on missiles and makes them dull, harmless and therefore useless.

Is there a way to increase the magic damage by hydra? Because otherwise the only useful OCB is 1536 which burns Lara. All others are either too weak or buggy...

Edit: Ok, is there a way to add to Hydra some idle animation to prevent it shooting fireballs? I know about special OCB, but I need the animation as a condition. Tried to use empty animation slot #8, but this made hyrda slowly disappear as if it was typical tr4 mortal enemy which just has been killed...
Edit2: I forgot to remove the Die command from copied death animation But this way the hydra can not only shatter but also die normally I guess

Last edited by A_De; 01-07-18 at 20:59. Reason: New found feature?
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 09:43   #12872
LGG_PRODUCTION

Hey there, is there a way to make Lara walking by default and running with shift?
If not I would like to have a plugin for this
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-18, 20:20   #12873
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Again about the hydra:
I am afraid but hydra features are weak, really, and I think we have not discovered yet how to modify them with scripts or plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Hey there, is there a way to make Lara walking by default and running with shift?
I have not heard about it.
Yes, perhaps it is the best if you post it in the plugin request thread.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-18, 09:28   #12874
JMN

Quote:
Something similar to this might work?

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=211684
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 09:00   #12875
A_De

Such a noob question, but how to make some flipeffect work in continuous way while Lara is on certain sector? I.e. how to make hef non-flammable under waterfall (smoke-emitter)? The flipeffect works only if Lara just goes over that sector but does nothing if she burns on it...
Old 05-07-18, 09:27   #12876
AkyV

Put it in a TriggerGroup, and activate the TriggerGroup flipeffect:
- multiple way: while Lara is in the trigger sector, it will be activated again and again,
- continuous way: it will be activated again and again, after Lara crosses the trigger sector. You need another flipeffect "to stop the continuous TriggerGroup".
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 10:32   #12877
LGG_PRODUCTION

I found a way to make Lara walking by default and running with shift, it's a bit buggy, but I'll try to fix it

Btw thanks for the suggestion
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 10:57   #12878
A_De

@AkyV: thank you, it works

Here is the result, sorry for bad quality

Last edited by A_De; 05-07-18 at 11:47.
Old 05-07-18, 18:20   #12879
RocketLombax

Quote:
I found a way to make Lara walking by default and running with shift, it's a bit buggy, but I'll try to fix it

Btw thanks for the suggestion
I was actually kind of considering a functionality like this myself too as an attempt at replicating Resident Evil style functionality. I had considered swapping Animations 0 and 1 for this but haven't tested it yet.
Like, If you save the .TRW files of both the walking and running animations, it should also save the state changes as well, and it might allow you to swap the walking with running while still keeping the correct animation links. Though you'd have to go through and adjust any other animation's links that connect to animation slots 0 and 1.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but in theory, it should work! With a bit of tweaking of most animations' state changes, at any rate.

I wish you luck though! I like where your project's going!
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 19:26   #12880
A_De

^ I don't think that we can swap running and walking this way. There are surely some hardcoded things which can mess all expectations. The scripted way seems more safe, but it is a bit complicated.