Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-09-13, 13:54   #21
DJ Full

Oh hi Titia How COULD YOU skip the chicken!!! Glad You're here waiting until the Armageddon is over I'm running around with fire extinguisher and cooling down lava balls falling here and there.

The below is mostly a copy from trle.net, but not much can be changed in a bugfix report I've just made, so I decided to throw it here in unchanged form. This is what's currently going on:
1. Removed the corner bug.
2. Denied skipping the burners in doom barrel room.
3. The above also solved control bugs in there.
4. Refurbished pistol denial - now they're enabled but hidden with extra explanation in case of shoot attempt.
5. Tweaked with the fog issue, but Scottie needs to confirm if it's fixed.
6. Also, followed some advice from laraslevelbase.org: electric arches stay triggered until the Trashery is left.

In the meantime, I produced another bug: total control disable after entering the barrel room. It's fixed already, but apparently the reason was so stupid that I decided to share it:

because 25 - 6 = 19 and NOT 18. Unfortunately, I reached the peak of my mathematical abilities in early grammar school and since then, it's all downhill as You see. In fact, someone should constantly watch me when I type those numbers, because locating such unnecessary errors wastes me hours, just like fixing the inevitable does.

So what do we have remaining? Let's check the list... Aha:
- lara burning instantly at flame riddle (might be a false alarm)
- raising barrel puzzle (this one will be pain)
- open space triple five shatter sequence (will follow Scottie's clues and if I fail, I'll just list this one in the readme).

It looks like a final run to the finish. One of many.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 13:57   #22
Titak

Oh such small errors.
Life of scripting is full of them!

Btw, the level IS up at trle.net.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 14:08   #23
DJ Full

I know. Michael says there's no point to suspend it, for the most active players have downloaded it anyway. Well maybe that's right. I will replace the package within hours and we'll add a note about a DD-MM-YYYY update.
Old 11-09-13, 14:26   #24
TheTiger

I will wait for your level. It still looks very original to me. Good luck with fixing all the bugs.
TheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 16:56   #25
DJ Full

The update's on its way to mediafire.
- Added 27 seconds to mutant fight. Now the timing should be correct.
- Fixed the bypassable "barrel facing" trigger.
- Added 002.wav to shatter blockade in the initial zone.
- Raised the text in the easter egg climb room so it should be all visible now.
- Denied the too-early possibility to shatter The Great Fearful Skull in the doom room.
- Updated the credits. Scottie, mugs and vimmers included.

I have trash net speed, so we'll need to wait several dozen minutes for the proper (???) version. I'm testing in the meantime (WORK, YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH!!)

EDIT: Wait... Cancelled, the left arch flip doesn't trigger Checking...

Last edited by DJ Full; 11-09-13 at 17:17.
Old 11-09-13, 17:25   #26
psiko

the next sentence is only a joke, but it seems you were coherent with yourself, the release also is an Eternal WIP, lol!!!!

I am looking forward to play the fixed version, I already read some entusiastic comments in TR forums
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 17:46   #27
DJ Full

It's not a joke, it's trash But the problem is fixed. It wasn't lack of trigger, but its too early activation - apparently that one-shot for trapdoor (yes, THAT trapdoor we already know) doesn't affect a stacked flipmap trigger for some reason. REUPLOADING...
Old 11-09-13, 17:50   #28
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
It's not a joke, it's trash But the problem is fixed. It wasn't lack of trigger, but its too early activation - apparently that one-shot for trapdoor (yes, THAT trapdoor we already know) doesn't affect a stacked flipmap trigger for some reason. REUPLOADING...
triggers for trapdoors/bridges must be put both in the normal, either in the flipped room
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 18:03   #29
DJ Full

Not the case here. The trigger is in the room that does NOT flip and it activates a DISTANT trapdoor together with a DISTANT flipmap.

EDIT: Arrrhhh!! Upload cancelled again. Now the engine ignores partial OCBs (1,2 + 3,4,5) for "ACTION.Trigger.Open/Close Door" and the twin trapdoor activates INSTANTLY after stepping on only one of them. SIC! SIC! SIC!!! Will place a dummy TRIGGER_TRIGGERER and activate it with those partial OCBs, then exported "CONDITION.Enemy is active" for that TT will launch the trapdoor in FGT_SINGLE_SHOT mode.
Old 12-09-13, 07:56   #30
DJ Full

A busy yet fruitless night, I must admit:
- First I removed remaining minor bugs, but I damaged the fog organizer in the open space instead.
- Having fixed the fog, I made an accidental click that erased a string and ruined the 15-break cam.
- When I found that elusive line reviving the cam, spikes in the black skull corridor stopped working.
- I repaired them, but when doing so, I eventually damaged the triple moving gate so it disappears and the whole Black Skull Corridor can be bypassed.

Darn it. Much like raising a chicken - pecking the grain with its beak, but much falls out on the other side... Of the total fixing time, about 2/3 was wasted on repairing what I accidentally damaged while fixing something else. Too little space, too much interference, the triggergroup limit almost reached, 40 globaltriggers, 30 organizers and 20 itemgroups used, I ran out of clues and the level is not ready yet.

Last edited by DJ Full; 12-09-13 at 08:05.