Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 16-05-17, 22:38   #1
SrDanielPonces

Question how did Lara know Karel killed Von Croy even tho she was passed out?

srsly tho?
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-17, 22:44   #2
Boobandie

Her ears heard him say "You humans break so easily." while passed out. Yes in Eckhardts voice but Eckhardt was a human. The only one who would say that is Karel, and with the revelation he's a shapeshifter she put two and two together from the bit she saw when she was on the ground.

Very flimsy I know. But what people have said around me while I'm asleep has gotten into my dreams before.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-17, 04:27   #3
JoelCaesar

I guess that makes sense although we see Lara moving while Karel/Eckhardt is talking to Von Croy I think so I think she is still conscious but barely.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-17, 17:17   #4
LaraIloveYou

it's women’s intuition
LaraIloveYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-17, 17:45   #5
Revenge

Doesn't Karel imply it in the cutscene at the end of the game when he talks to her ?

As well, I have a question myself : Did Karel kill Luddick and Rennes and Carvier and whoever else was killed ? Do we even know ? Or are we sure it was Eckardt ?
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-17, 20:14   #6
Caesum

Lara wasn't absolutely unconscious when Werner was killed, she was only shocked by the blow, resulting in shattered memories. She could recall things when she saw something familiar though.

In case of Karel Lara saw his hand with a nephilim(?) sign on it, resulting in her remembering back the entire conversation with Werner and his murder.

Last edited by Caesum; 19-05-17 at 20:15.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-17, 14:06   #7
Boobandie

The cutscene shows Lara facing away with her eyes closed when Karel shapeshifts to his Karel form.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-17, 06:55   #8
Caesum

Indeed, but even then the cutscenes and FMV make it rather clear that it's the sign that made her recall the rest of the event. In the cutscene Karel reaches out to Lara, who looks at his hand and starts remembering things. The cutscene then changes into FMV, which also ends when a hand is shown - with the same sign.

I guess after all it was meant to show that Lara recalled the events thanks to the sign that Karel has on his hand. There are no other possibilities really. Especially since, according to Murti's files, when accused by Lara, Eckhardt would say that he never killed Werner, making it a possibility that maybe it was someone else who killed him. Then Karel would show up with the sign on his hand and shapeshifting abilities and everything would be clear.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-17, 19:14   #9
TombRaiderTim

I'm pretty sure Lara recalled what she did somewhat see before passing out, the fact she saw supposedly Eckhardt murder Von Croy and then breaking his glasses in his hand which cut it, seeing Karel offer his hand to Lara at the end had the scars from him crushing Von Croy's glasses, so she put two and two together and realised who he really was, that is what I always thought. :/
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote