Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 04-05-12, 15:07   #201
Tonyrobinson

It is worth saying that Emma's role in The End of the World is only a cameo her other film would probably only be a short shoot and I expect Tomb Raider could be shot in 5-7 months if it's shooting on location on an island.

Her only longer shooting film would be Beauty and the Beast and that doesn't shoot until next year. Harry Potter took nearly a year to film Tomb Raider is a smaller franchise and will most likely have a smaller budget.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 04-05-12 at 15:09.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 15:56   #202
lcroft_lc

As you guys keep posting about Emma Watson picture I thought I might show some which probably none of you have ever seen. Emma Watson came to my country Bangladesh in July 2010 for a 3/4 days tour but it was a very secret one. Her tour was revealed in media 4/5 months after the visit. She visited only a rural place with her 'People Tree' team. Here's a video of her tour in one of the most rural place in Bangladesh.

She didn't visit the capital city or some developed places of my country. Here's some pictures:

She's got a nice humanity inside her I must say.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 16:00   #203
NRO.

The hell is three quarters of a days? [/add]

Nice to see that there are some people like her out there.

But IMHO the girl can be a cannibal if she plays the role well. I still enjoy some Charlie Sheen flicks even tho he's a crazy mofo.
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 16:26   #204
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRO. View Post

But IMHO the girl can be a cannibal if she plays the role well. I still enjoy some Charlie Sheen flicks even tho he's a crazy mofo.
I am not sure that I fully understand .
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 17:30   #205
NRO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippingWater View Post
I am not sure that I fully understand .
The actress' personal life has nothing to so with the character she's playing.

Last edited by NRO.; 04-05-12 at 18:41. Reason: biggest fail in English' history
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 18:15   #206
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRO. View Post
The actresses personal life has nothing to so with the character she's playing.
Alright I understand now . Thanks for clarifying .
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 19:31   #207
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Reality check there, no GK Films did not say that. Crystal Dynamics said the voice actress would not be a famous face, or something to that effect, which is nothing to do with the movie actress. The movie actress has to be pretty well know for the movie to even succeed, they would not risk all that money on an unknown. And they did say the actress was going to be young, so they are not going to be smacking a truck load of makeup on her and a soft focus camera to make her look young enough.

Edit
Thanks for posting the pic of the poster lcroft_lc.
Thanks for the clarifying, aussie. I knew about Crystal saying the VA was an unknown, I wasn't sure about GKFilm's specifications for the actress in the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
I still want Emma Watson, but I doubt they will get her as she is too well known and because people would see her as Hermione still.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
^ I don't see it

And Emma will always be Hermione for people. I wouldn't like to see Hermione to play Lara Croft.

I'm all for someone fresh and new and unknown. Oh and young...someone around her 20's not an actress who is 30 years old. And no, no make-up would help.
You know, the best thing for an actor to stop being typecast due to their being in long term roles is to go out there and do something different. Hermione had a few action moments, especially in the last 2-3 HP films, but Lara Croft would be quite the departure from bookish Hermione. But, seeing as Emma did do a few action-scenes in HP, it puts her in good stead for further action roles. It's a real shame that actors are typecast and that people can't or won't see past the last big role they played. Should Emma give up as she'll be forever Hermione in peoples' eyes? Of course not.

To be honest, I'd be happy to see Emma in the role as Lara, but I'd be just as happy with any actress who can act well, do the accent and do the role justice. So really I just hope that GK Films pick well.

I don't know anything about Olivia Wilde, so I really don't know if she's suitable. Looks wise, whoever plays Lara doesn't have to be a photo-fit, just a reasonable likeness.

Last edited by Rai; 04-05-12 at 19:49.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 19:33   #208
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
You know, the best thing for an actor to stop being typecast due to their being in long term roles is to go out there and do something different. Hermione had a few action moments, especially in the last 2-3 HP films, but Lara Croft would be quite the departure from bookish Hermione. But, seeing as Emma did do a few action-scenes in HP, it puts her in good stead for further action roles. It's a real shame that actors are typecast and that people can't or won't see past the last big role they played. Should Emma give up as she'll be forever Hermione in peoples' eyes? Of course not.

To be hinest, I'd be happy to see Emma in the role as Lara, but I'd be just as happy with any actress who can act well, do the accent and do the role justice. So really I just hope that GK Films pick well.
I know this, I've already said I would love her to be cast as Lara so she isn't typecasted. But I can't see the producers thinking the same.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 19:57   #209
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
I know this, I've already said I would love her to be cast as Lara so she isn't typecasted. But I can't see the producers thinking the same.
They may take it into consideration. But it all depends on the auditions/screen tests or whatever. If they think one particular actress is outstanding, I feel they wouldn't let an actress's past roles be an issue and certainly not the public 'stigma' of being typecast as one character, not if they're smart enough. If Emma goes for the role, which we have no real way of knowing for sure, she has just as much chance as anyone else.

Last edited by Rai; 04-05-12 at 23:46.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 01:27   #210
aussie500
Golden

The Producers and Director would have no trouble with Emma's past roles and worrying she had been typecast, she was a child for most of that history, and even in the final movies not really seen as a fully grown woman. That fans can only think of her as Hermione is not going to make that much difference, she will obviously not be Hermione if she manages to get the role. The two characters are completely different, and Emma is already doing a fair bit to change her image. She gets the role no one will be thinking of Hermione any more. Which would be one reason why Emma Watson would like to play Lara, or a similar character.

Emma should have some pretty stiff competition for the role though, even if we have not managed to come up with too many suitable names. Everyone and their Mum will be trying to be the new Lara Croft. Like the fans most actresses (singers, celebrities, models or just plain hopeful) are not going to look at the practical age limits for the role.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote