www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-04-18, 21:35   #11
thewolf
Historian
 
thewolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 382
Default

I always thought St Francis Folly was bigger
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-18, 23:14   #12
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One
 
The Great Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beyond the Floating Islands
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Shannon View Post
Great stuff, Chi! Reminds me of the old days exploring hidden areas in the classics!
Yes Patrick, my actual favorite cutscene to explore in TR Anniversary is the Motorbike pursuit to the boat, as it is such a large area of road to get to the boat, plus it has secret areas that shows this weird sort of stuff, see pictures below....(all my photos of the road route is gone due to the Photobucket fiasco)

To get there, is such an effort to get the TRASCU and cheat engine (skip all puppet show method) working again, I just cannot be bothered, but here are some old photos I found in the forum....







Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
I always thought St Francis Folly was bigger
Yeh, some cutscenes in TR games do use a smaller scale to save on data, a good example below is the TR5 title level, where you see small Egyptians moving around the big pyramid, and also a small Von Croy.
Lara is a lot bigger and could stand on him..LOL

__________________
Humble words by The Great Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 13-04-18 at 23:29.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-18, 06:01   #13
TheLostSecret
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Tehran , Iran
Posts: 472
Arrow

Exactly like the old tomb raider editors ... !
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-18, 16:06   #14
Brendanlovesu1
Explorer
 
Brendanlovesu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 691
Default

cool
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-18, 04:20   #15
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One
 
The Great Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beyond the Floating Islands
Posts: 9,039
Default Inside the TRA cutscenes

I decided to dig out the Cheat Engine and try to get back into these cutscenes using 'the skip all puppet show' method. It took me a while to remember how to do it

The video first shows the cutscenes that you can access with the 'Natla roof' save and the 'boat' save, in conjunction with the TRAfly tool. At 5.05 onwards, you need the Cheat Engine method and TRAfly tool....

The video shows many of the TRA cutscenes, but not all of them.

__________________
Humble words by The Great Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 18-04-18 at 04:25.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-18, 06:25   #16
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter
 
Sir Launcelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Slumped in front of my PC
Posts: 5,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
I decided to dig out the Cheat Engine and try to get back into these cutscenes using 'the skip all puppet show' method. It took me a while to remember how to do it

The video first shows the cutscenes that you can access with the 'Natla roof' save and the 'boat' save, in conjunction with the TRAfly tool. At 5.05 onwards, you need the Cheat Engine method and TRAfly tool....

The video shows many of the TRA cutscenes, but not all of them.

That is a superb video. If there is a standard library of TR help videos, this ought to be in it. The de facto video for TRA secret cutscenes.

It looks like the bike chase route is not solid and continuous then? Pity. That would have been a great little hidden bonus level, a timed ride on a Ducati and an attempt to jump onto Natla's boat.

Kold Kin Kade is funny, it looks like somebody doused him with a nerve agent or something, the way he keeps twitching about.
__________________
Fancy dropping down for a chat, then?
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-18, 10:55   #17
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One
 
The Great Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beyond the Floating Islands
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
It looks like the bike chase route is not solid and continuous then? Pity. That would have been a great little hidden bonus level, a timed ride on a Ducati and an attempt to jump onto Natla's boat.
Good thinking but.....Its hard enough getting into the motorbike pursuit scene, just with Lara, never mind the motorbike LOL

There is no solid areas in this cutscene so motorbike riding is out, and you have to stay on TRAfly right from the beginning of the cutscene or fall out through the map. Also as you can see, its made of lots of islands with roads and they are not continuous. I suppose it's the camera sequences during the cutscene that makes it look all joined up.

As for that lit white square column in the middle of the water we figured that out the last time we looked at this, as being Lara's white splash as she dived in.

The secret bonus area with the boat and 'unfinished' textures (shown at the end of video) is just weird and is an extra bonus, if you manage to get into the motorbike pursuit cutscene

__________________
Humble words by The Great Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 18-04-18 at 12:26. Reason: map added
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-18, 14:53   #18
TheLostSecret
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Tehran , Iran
Posts: 472
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Good thinking but.....Its hard enough getting into the motorbike pursuit scene, just with Lara, never mind the motorbike LOL

There is no solid areas in this cutscene so motorbike riding is out, and you have to stay on TRAfly right from the beginning of the cutscene or fall out through the map. Also as you can see, its made of lots of islands with roads and they are not continuous. I suppose it's the camera sequences during the cutscene that makes it look all joined up.

As for that lit white square column in the middle of the water we figured that out the last time we looked at this, as being Lara's white splash as she dived in.

The secret bonus area with the boat and 'unfinished' textures (shown at the end of video) is just weird and is an extra bonus, if you manage to get into the motorbike pursuit cutscene

HOW CRAZY IS THAT ?
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-18, 21:52   #19
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One
 
The Great Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Beyond the Floating Islands
Posts: 9,039
Default How to get the cheat engine working

Have been asked by a few members by PM's, how do you get the cheat engine working, so here goes....

TRALoader or just use Stella saves....
First of all you need the TRALoader and choose a cinematic of your choice (e.g.: Cinematics/Cinematic 3). I could not get this tool working on my more modern computer due to lack of specific dll's...DOH!

All the above does its gets you to a specific save in the game, and Stella TRA saves will do the same thing. That's what I used and gets me to a specific cutscene. A good example using stella saves is 'sanctuary 22' save. This gives you the 'Atlantis three' cutscene, followed by 'the fight' cutscene, followed by the 'Motorbike' pursuit cutscene.

The TRAfly tool...
Required as most cutscenes do not have solid ground. Some have bits of solid ground.
Note that anti-virus programs will see this as a dangerous file, but it is not.
You will likely have to temporary disable anti-virus to download and play using this tool.
Also Chrome browser will block this file from downloading, but you can still download it...
See here....http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219576
I always keep TRAfly and TRLfly on a separate memory stick, and bring it onto the computer, only after anti-virus temporary switched off.

The cheat engine 5.4....
OK this is what we want to talk about and it looks complex, but is easy to do in a few steps, and all it does is modify the hex code of TRA.exe, so that Lara can step into a cutscene without the cutscene running.

OK, quoting from Sunbeam, here's what you do....

Quote:
1. Start TRALoader (Sunbeam's SCU) and choose a cinematic of your choice (e.g.: Cinematics/Cinematic 3)
2. Press Load Game, and the minute you get the black screen before cutscene loads, hit alt-tab (puts TRA into the background).
3. Once you're on Desktop, in Cheat Engine target tra.exe. Open Memory view, Ctrl+G in bottom part and type in 838348. Once there, change the 3rd byte to 80 (00 00 80 00).
3.a. If you fall through the level when you go back in, use TRAFly before alt-tabbing back in-game.
4. Go back in-game and you'll see a cutscene map loads. Tada, all done...
How to setup the Cheat engine....








Where do you get the cheat engine, well how about here
Cheat engine 5.4 + tutorial rar download (from my files)...
(You do not need to read tutorial, as above pictures explains all)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/37pt8t...__tutorial.rar
__________________
Humble words by The Great Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 22-04-18 at 22:30.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.