Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 11-12-06, 22:54   #61
thevman

I think it's sad the eidos caved in to those activists. So what if the activists don't buy TR? Seriously? It's not like a major group of TR players they would lose. And it sure wouldn't stop me from buying TR if these activists picketed the stores selling TR either. I might kick a few of them...
thevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-06, 23:07   #62
Gregori

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevman View Post
I think it's sad the eidos caved in to those activists. So what if the activists don't buy TR? Seriously? It's not like a major group of TR players they would lose. And it sure wouldn't stop me from buying TR if these activists picketed the stores selling TR either. I might kick a few of them...
The activist should concentrate on protecting real animals and stop trying to interfere with freedom of expression, creativity and thought.

Do they think people are so stupid as to confuse a videogame with reality. I find it more offensive that they aren't protesting about the killing of human beings in videogames.

Endangered animals are getting killed because greedy ****ers who want rare commodities like ivory, fur, whale meat etc....It ain't the TR players that are hunting them into extinction following a bad example.

The developers should give these guys the finger!
Gregori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-06, 01:33   #63
LaraLover1125
Inactive

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregori View Post
The activist should concentrate on protecting real animals and stop trying to interfere with freedom of expression, creativity and thought.

The developers should give these guys the finger!
Perfectly said, Gregori!
LaraLover1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-06, 03:37   #64
TRBeth

I just started replaying TR1 and I was a little shocked at how many animals there actually are that get killed (by todays standards, that is). Its been awhile since I played the game, and I guess I had kinda forgotten about this aspect. And, the dead "whatever" do not disappear but continue to lay where they fell. I lost count of the kills in the Colosseum (appropriate for animals kills, I suppose).

Still, is it more appropriate to have games where humans are getting their brains splattered or their guts ripped?

Maybe CD should equip Lara with a dart gun! LOL That way she doesn't actually kill animals and CD can work in a "timed" event where Lara has a a period of time to get out of the vicinity of downed animals before they revive from the dart.
TRBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-06, 03:52   #65
MattTR

I can't wait to see the Atlanteans and Natla!!
MattTR is offline   Reply With Quote