Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 31-10-11, 23:56   #1
hollister
Inactive

Arrow Calling All Music Techies.. A Request

if anyone knows how to take a verse from a song edit out the beat but keep the voice.. and edit to another song with the new songs beat matching up with the verse and it sounds good like an official remix.. message me please!
hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 01:09   #2
H4RR7H

I would recommend acquiring an official "a capella" version of the original song before starting, and also an "instrumental' of the other song. Then it's just a case of layering them after "beat-matching".

Removing the music/vocals would be a nightmare and in the process you would destroy parts of the original fidelity audio.

What kind of mash-up are you trying to do?
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 02:44   #3
hollister
Inactive

Nicki Minaj's verse in bottoms up edited into the song like a g6.. idk how to do all that, thats why i would like to request it and have someone know what there doing, do it.
Old 01-11-11, 03:14   #4
H4RR7H

That would also require extensive musical knowledge to determine if the songs are compatible, e.g. time and bars per chorus/verse/bridge...

And likely the not so legal sharing of files :/
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 05:40   #5
EscondeR

This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR7H View Post
Removing the music/vocals would be a nightmare and in the process you would destroy parts of the original fidelity audio.
and this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4RR7H View Post
And likely the not so legal sharing of files :/
EscondeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 16:36   #6
QiX

Years ago I saw a karaoke plugin for winamp which would supposedly remove vocals from most of the musical tracks by software analysis and processing. In most of the current musical tracks today the instruments are in stereo while the vocals are mono, this intends to give the feeling of immersion. With well positioned speakers you hear the singer in front of you, while the instruments are placed all around you.

Based on this principle of spatial distribution, stereo files are usually different left and right channels, except for the vocals which sound identical in both channels. So that plugin would compare both channels and remove every sound wave that is duplicated on both sides.

Theoretically if you pick one track, remove the voice using such a plugin, convert it to mono, use an audio editing software like Audacity and "subtract" the karaoke track from the original file the result should give you the voice track, a cappella.

BUT, every step in this process should add noise and quality loss, not all music tracks today have voice and instruments fully separated as stereo and mono layers, I don't use winamp for years now (actually since AOL bought it, started to fill it with useless functionalities and turned it into a bunch of junk too heavy for the average computer), I never saw this plugin again and don't have an idea if it is still available and compatible with the current version and so on.

I'd suggest you to look for karaoke freeware software or plugins for audacity and give it a try, maybe it will do the trick. But don't expect quality tracks as a result if you manage to find the tools. Just keep us informed on your progress. If you succeed post a link for the final mashup or a sample of it. Now you made my curiosity itch, let me know if it works please

Edit: look at this. I made a search for 'karaoke' in winamp.com and found the tool:

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/defx-v0-97/6295

plus a tempo, pitch and karaoke tool which might be what you need to match the BPM count:

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/pacemaker/12689

The name of the plugins are familiar to my ears and I probably tinkered with them in the past. Both are highly rated by users, maybe they were improved along the last years. Try and grab them and Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/), maybe they will work better than I expected. Maybe not. Well, you're on your own now. Good luck

Last edited by QiX; 01-11-11 at 17:13. Reason: links added
QiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 17:33   #7
tomekkobialka

You are a great "take the voice out of the song" fan, aren't you, hollister???

What is the purpose of doing this?

Extracting the voice from an audio file is not worth it, in my opinion. And a plugin which supposedly can do this will most likely give unimpressive (depressive? ) results. If you tell us what songs you want to use then we will 'analyse and process' the situation for you.
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 20:46   #8
hollister
Inactive

i only want to take Nicki's verse from bottoms up and edit it into the song like a g6 but still with the rest of the song (like a g6).. right before the last chorus is where i would like to edit in nickis verse but theres a way to elongate the beat for the verse and edit it to make it sound right.. i dont want to take vocals out from like a g6.. just add some(nickis). i cant do this my self so im just going to keep searching for the right person.. i been contacting remix djs on youtube.. hopefully they will like the request.

the reason for this is because i think like a g6 is a awesome beat and if nicki had a verse on it.. it would be epic.. cause i love nicki and her voice is probably crazy with that beat. so this is the only option i have of doing that.. making a remix recycling one of her verses.

Last edited by hollister; 01-11-11 at 20:48.
Old 01-11-11, 21:06   #9
tomekkobialka

Well, Nicki's voice in that particular verse is quite prominent, so trying to single out her voice (as much as possible) wouldn't be too much of a problem. Then it's just a matter of changing the tempo to match the beat in Like A G6.

I could give it a try if you want.
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 21:23   #10
hollister
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomekkobialka View Post
Well, Nicki's voice in that particular verse is quite prominent, so trying to single out her voice (as much as possible) wouldn't be too much of a problem. Then it's just a matter of changing the tempo to match the beat in Like A G6.

I could give it a try if you want.
thanks! just be sure to post or message me when finished.

it would also be cool if u did her voice towards the end of bottoms up when shes like "i i i am zolanski im roman trigga trey nicki m lets do it" etc... and added it into like a g6 too but if thats too much dont sweat it!

Last edited by hollister; 01-11-11 at 21:27.