Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 13-03-18, 11:49   #41
thewolf
Golden

Also keep in mind , if you add or delete one static inside of your base file after you've placed some statics in your level, they tend to change their ID numbers .
So your placed tree is now eventually some other static
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-18, 18:32   #42
Danath

Talking

^ Yeah, i replaced some statics at one point and the id's changed, then i had wooden tables and lamps up in the hills at the beginning. Luckily Dxtre remembers the exact place of the statics, and when you replace them with the correct ones they position themselves automatically on the correct spot.

I'm rebuilding the beginning area because the vertical divisions need to be changed, and since i cannot copy-paste the geometry i need to redo it manually and it's surprisingly time-consuming. Also need to place all trees and bushes again. I made another project file and i keep 2 Dxtre windows on, one with the old rooms and the other with the new ones side by side, so i can look at how the rooms need to be made, and so it's quicker to redo.

Soon i will be able to begin the texturing and lighting.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 15:05   #43
thewolf
Golden

Doesn't ctrl+c and ctrl+v work for you? Press your mouse scrolling wheel and mark some blocks. Now click ctrl+c or select copy block.

After that mark a square with the scroll wheel, now (single square only)try ctrl+v or click paste floor block
Old 14-03-18, 17:47   #44
Danath

Wink

Yes, i know that since my first map.

What i meant is that i had rooms with a height of 5, then had to divide them into others with 2 and 3. If i paste columns of the 5 height room into the others it doesn't fit.
But it's done by now anyways, i'm doing the upper part geometry and trying not to have too much rooms, up to 140 now. I chose not to do rooftops geometry everywhere, or i would end up with too much rooms. Still will look nice IMO.
Old 14-03-18, 19:13   #45
thewolf
Golden

To save up some rooms for your upper part to prevent too many, you can build bigger rooms that cover up to 5 rooms below
Old 14-03-18, 19:31   #46
Danath

Smile

Yep, i try to do the rooms as big as possible to save space.
Old 16-03-18, 23:42   #47
Danath

Talking

I'm currently texturing the map, and i'm excited about sharing this.
The central plaza of the level!

It's not so great compared to what can be done with later engines, but for TR2 i think it looks pretty sweet! I like the fountain with the ugly TR2 fish statue.
You need to find 2 keys before you can advance further, keyholes aren't placed yet, as i need to customize the objects. I don't know if to get rid of that shadowing on the hole where the bell is, it does cracks on the sides. :\
I wanted to use the tall street lamp static from TR3 Gold Zoo level, but the game crashes with a .dll error when using them. The benches are retextured from The Deck so they're not rusted and broken.

Another thing, i am experimenting with the background and i have this one currently:

I don't know if to use that, or just screw it and go with the traditional red background with the awesome wave effect. What do you people think? Like that floral one?
Old 16-03-18, 23:57   #48
Opaque79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I'm currently texturing the map, and i'm excited about sharing this.
The central plaza of the level!

It's not so great compared to what can be done with later engines, but for TR2 i think it looks pretty sweet! I like the fountain with the ugly TR2 fish statue.
You need to find 2 keys before you can advance further, keyholes aren't placed yet, as i need to customize the objects. I don't know if to get rid of that shadowing on the hole where the bell is, it does cracks on the sides. :\
I wanted to use the tall street lamp static from TR3 Gold Zoo level, but the game crashes with a .dll error when using them. The benches are retextured from The Deck so they're not rusted and broken.

Another thing, i am experimenting with the background and i have this one currently:

I don't know if to use that, or just screw it and go with the traditional red background with the awesome wave effect. What do you people think? Like that floral one?
Er...Where are the images?

EDIT: Never mind, they didn't load for me at first.

Love that central plaza. The inventory background looks pretty cool as well.

Last edited by Opaque79; 16-03-18 at 23:58.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-18, 00:13   #49
Danath

Smile

Thank you! I will post more pictures when i have everything textured and lighted, but i wanted to see how the plaza would look like and i finished it first. Since i liked the result so much i wanted to show it.

About the menu background i don't know what to do, if i use that and then later use snow as background for the snowy levels it will be a bit too much white. It's easier to just use the default! You can only use a 64x64 texture as background that repeats endlessly, so it limits so much the things you can do.
Old 17-03-18, 00:37   #50
SrDanielPonces

Looks awesome! but... is the inventory image waving by itself or.. am I have hallucinations????? :OOO
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote