Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 27-09-14, 15:11   #31
Trenton

Ah, finally an interesting thread... (hope there will be a similar thread for the other TR classics)

1. London - This section is so good words can't describe it really. I have a relationship to this section that is stronger than religion. Particularly Thames Wharf - it is even on my Top 5 list of best ever TR levels - and Aldwych. The first parts of Lud's Gate is brilliant while the latter half sort of drags it down a bit. City is one of my favourite bosses of any TR game.
Best level: Thames Wharf

2. Pacific Islands - A beautiful section that I've always had a sweet spot for. Ever since I saw pictures of it in gaming magazines prior to the game's release I just knew it would be good. And it didn't dissappoint on first playtrough, nor subsequent ones. Coastal Village and Madubu Gorge are particularly good.
Best level: Coastal Village

3. Antarctica - I love this section as well. Mutants creeped me out a bit on my first playtrough though . Atmostpheric, with brilliant and challenging gameplay.
Best level: Lost City of Tinnos

4. India - Visually beautiful and atmospheric. Never really been one of my favourite sections tbh, but it has definitely grown on me since '98. Particularly Jungle shines I think. Temple Ruins has got to be the hardest second level of any game ever.
Best level: Jungle

5. Nevada - Apart from the brilliant Nevada Desert level this section gives me nothing much to be quite honest. Definitely a low point in the game for me. High Security Compound and Area 51 always strikes me as a poor man's Offshore Rig tbh. Still, even those two levels have grown on me after all these years so I've come to appreciate them more over the years. It's just that this section as a whole (despite being strenthened by Nevada Desert) is definitely the weakest section of the classic trilogy.
Best level: Nevada Desert
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote