Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 09-05-16, 14:42   #11
Patrick star

Wow , now that's a big surprise !

Glad you liked it though .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 15:24   #12
ESCachuli

You are lucky. Every time I think of replaying reboot (or Rise) I just get tired of life and wanna throw myself out of the window. I still regret buying them... good enough I was able to sell TR2013 so I could get part of the money back. Too bad Rise was bought digitally.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 15:38   #13
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I've insulted the Reboot series a lot but after playing this game I've came to the conclusion that I actually like the reboot a lot (prefer Core era Lara though) I wouldn't consider this thread a review but instead a change of thought(?) I like how her character develops within the game, you can feel her emotion and pain she suffers, she has me even more interested when it comes to traveling the world and exploring new places. I like Lara. I like Sam. No problem with them & I hope to see Sam in the future. As for the gameplay I think it was too much like Uncharted (the recovery system, some of the same bad guys looked like they were exact copies from Uncharted, Lara moves the same exact way Nathan Drake does, the list goes on)
I still remember when you first posted you liked Sam, I thought, "Whaaaaat?" But better late than never right?

I've never played Uncharted buy I also wasn't overly keen on the final two boss fights (much preferred the Rise one in that regard) -- but maybe that's because I'm much more inclined to stealth attacks than straight-up brawls.

As for Sam, I worry about her being under Himiko's influence for too long -- but I don't wanna spoil the comics for you so I won't say anything more.

Anyway, welcome aboard the Reboot!Lara train *shifts aside to make room*
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 16:55   #14
anthonycraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Also other games that reminds me from that statement:

Charlie's Angels (PS2) and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

*shudder*
My childhood right there. Why do we have the worst taste in things as children?
anthonycraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-16, 06:09   #15
SamCactus101

Cool. Yeah the combat needs to be toned down but after playing TR2013 so many times I've actually grown to like the battle where you fight the countless Samurai. I actually like this battle area better than the ShantyTown battle.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-16, 09:14   #16
Sir Launcelot

^ best battle in the game. Especially when you use explosive arrows on the nasty Oni pikemen.

I'd rather just play from Shantytown on, since that is where the best part of the game is...
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-16, 10:25   #17
Chamayoo

Wow I disagree, Shantytown to Fortress Tower was the worst part of the game (and the entire franchise if you want my opinion ), before this part it was really good and after really nice.
But it's fine you like this part !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-16, 18:56   #18
VindicativeBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
You are lucky. Every time I think of replaying reboot (or Rise) I just get tired of life and wanna throw myself out of the window.
xD i used to do the same with legend and underworld
VindicativeBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-16, 23:46   #19
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
also hope rottr is on ps3 since it was on ps4.

oh my god please
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-16, 03:10   #20
interstellardave

I'm playing this now as well... after avoiding it for this long. It's WAY better than I thought it would be. Tremendous game which, while not in the exact style of the classics (1-3) actually makes me feel like an explorer again. The onscreen prompts could have been done away with after the first level or so (that could have been a tutorial) and it would have been a lot more like the classics in terms of being a lot less "hand-holding". The tombs are cool and actually have interesting elements to them that are similar--and sometimes better--than the old tombs. Where the old tombs beat these, though, is still in difficulty, with traps and the like. And these are short once you do the right things to get through them. If they'd put many of the various gameplay elements of these tombs together into larger, more complex, tombs that would be perfect. Hopefully ROTTR does this.

There are too many enemies to kill, IMO, but luckily the combat is far better than it used to be. So far this is NOT classic Tomb Raider but it's honestly a damn good game that I'm thoroughly enjoying. Can't wait to play ROTTR now!
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote