Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 16-01-14, 23:58   #1
Scia

Talking Megan Farquhar is fun to work with!

So I haven't really been able to mention this, but I've been working as creative director on a really exciting project; and not only am I loving the job, but here's the kicker - I've actually been working with Megan Farquhar, Lara's face model for TR2013!

She's been such a good sport about my all Tomb Raider talk haha, and it's been pretty cool to get to know her. Megan's actually a very cool person.

Anyway, I got permission to post a few screen-captures of her work with us, because I wanted to share and I thought you guys might be interested.

I'm not allowed to say what the company is or what's going on in these scenarios, but I can say she's the face of the product and we've been doing a lot of crazy scenes with her... as you can see in that last shot haha.
Scia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-14, 00:17   #2
Zebra

That is awesome ! It almost looks like she's doing a Lara cosplay in that second picture .
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-14, 00:33   #3
Scia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
That is awesome ! It almost looks like she's doing a Lara cosplay in that second picture .
Haha! She sort of always looks like she's doing Lara cosplay. The first time I met her she had her hair in a braid and circle-framed sun glasses on. I just about lost it lol.
Old 17-01-14, 00:37   #4
Evan C.

Cool! She looks very genuine in the photos, like she's enjoying whatever she's doing. I love the first picture, she looks beautiful. I wonder if you mentioned she's somehow famous among the TR fans
Evan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-14, 00:37   #5
Peterstar101

Nice She's looks like Camilla to me lol

Last edited by Peterstar101; 17-01-14 at 00:39.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-14, 00:39   #6
James_Rutland

You can see the likeness in that first shot!

She's beautiful
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-14, 01:08   #7
mizuno_suisei

Screen number one I can definitely see the resemblance! You lucky girl she's gorgeous
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-14, 02:37   #8
Scia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
Cool! She looks very genuine in the photos, like she's enjoying whatever she's doing. I love the first picture, she looks beautiful. I wonder if you mentioned she's somehow famous among the TR fans
Yeah, we all had tons of fun shooting everything. Megan's the type of actress that jokes around between takes, so there was definitely a good level of comfort on the set and I think that shows through in her performance.

Also its funny you ask - I did mention that she's kind of famous with the TR Fans, and while she kind of knew, I think it still surprised her to see all the fanart and discussions haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post

She's beautiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Screen number one I can definitely see the resemblance! You lucky girl she's gorgeous
She is lol, and yeah mizuno_suisei, I'm a very lucky guy to get to work with Megan. Not just cause she was the face of Lara, but also just because she's so professional and fun.
Old 21-01-14, 03:20   #9
Megan Farquhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scia View Post
So I haven't really been able to mention this, but I've been working as creative director on a really exciting project; and not only am I loving the job, but here's the kicker - I've actually been working with Megan Farquhar, Lara's face model for TR2013!

She's been such a good sport about my all Tomb Raider talk haha, and it's been pretty cool to get to know her. Megan's actually a very cool person.

Anyway, I got permission to post a few screen-captures of her work with us, because I wanted to share and I thought you guys might be interested.

[IM]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/016/f/b/megan_farquhar_promo_1_by_simplyshawn-d72gg22.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/016/3/5/megan_farquhar_promo_2_by_simplyshawn-d72ggjs.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/016/5/1/megan_farquhar_promo_3_by_simplyshawn-d72ggr3.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/016/6/d/megan_farquhar_promo_4_by_simplyshawn-d72ggxg.jpg[/IMG]

I'm not allowed to say what the company is or what's going on in these scenarios, but I can say she's the face of the product and we've been doing a lot of crazy scenes with her... as you can see in that last shot haha.
Hahaha I can't believe you posted some of these! Too funny, I definitely look like Lara covered in dirt and hiding behind bushes! Super fun to work with you AND this is the first comment that I've EVER written in the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Lol! If only my foot was stuck in a bear trap and wolves were attacking me it would have been the real deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post

She's beautiful
Thank You!!!!

Last edited by Admles; 21-01-14 at 22:07. Reason: Triple posts merged
Megan Farquhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-14, 04:04   #10
TheRCroft

We have a celebrity in our midst, how fun! Welcome to the forums, you truly are stunning. The best of luck for your project, Scia and Megan
TheRCroft is offline   Reply With Quote