Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 28-01-12, 22:40   #1
Atlantisfreak

Default Dreamfall - The Longest Journey

I just finished the game and i must say i'm incredibly dissapointed with how the ending turned out! So many plot holes, i can't even count them all! At first i even thought the ending was a joke, and that a trollface would appear in the credits and be all like "U thought u finished?", but nope, not at all...

Has there been any rumors of a follow up? It's a much too good story to go to waste!
Atlantisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 23:21   #2
Miharu

Oh I heard of this game, always wanted to play it, might not if the ending is so disappointing. >_<
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 23:27   #3
Atlantisfreak

oh, no, don't get me wrong, the game is absolutely amazing! the story sucks you right in and you never want to stop playing! But there are so many plot holes in the end that you just don't know what to do :S like they didn't have time to finish the whole thing or something...

But please, go ahead! play the game and you'll see what i mean
Old 28-01-12, 23:31   #4
TombOfRaiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisfreak View Post
I just finished the game and i must say i'm incredibly dissapointed with how the ending turned out! So many plot holes, i can't even count them all! At first i even thought the ending was a joke, and that a trollface would appear in the credits and be all like "U thought u finished?", but nope, not at all...

Has there been any rumors of a follow up? It's a much too good story to go to waste!
Funnily enough I've spent most of my day on the TLJ wiki and playing TLJ. xD Anyway, there is a follow-up, yes, Dreamfall Chapters. =) I don't think it's in development yet, hardly any news on it. I was disappointed as well with the ending, did make me cry though. xD And yes, the story is amazing. :')

Last edited by TombOfRaiders; 28-01-12 at 23:33. Reason: Correction on post. >_<
TombOfRaiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 23:32   #5
FourBalls

I played this a few years ago. Dunno about plot holes but the ending was rather depressing if I remember correctly
FourBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 23:37   #6
Atlantisfreak

^It kind of is... The whole thing with the game was to stop the Dreamer project, but then it get's released in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombOfRaiders View Post
Funnily enough I've spent most of my day on the TLJ wiki and playing TLJ. xD Anyway, there is a follow-up, yes, Dreamfall Chapters. =) I don't think it's in development yet, hardly any news on it. I was disappointed as well with the ending, did make me cry though. xD And yes, the story is amazing. :')
oh thank goodness there's going to be a continuation! So, it looks like it'll start production after The Secret World then... And i totally bawled my eyes out when Faith dissappeared xD
Old 28-01-12, 23:40   #7
Cochrane
Golden

Oh yes, the ending is kind of a mess, and the story isn't completely free of plot holes before that either. But it's still a great game overall, and I hope that Dreamfall Chapters actually happens at one point. What I heard so far was that they got a loan from some norwegian film and arts funds to develop the technology, but for the most part they seem to be working on The Secret World at the moment.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 23:41   #8
FourBalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisfreak View Post
^It kind of is... The whole thing with the game was to stop the Dreamer project, but then it get's released in the end!
Yeah. To be honest I don't remember much from the game. Just the last scene with the bed and everything (at least I think that was the last scene? or am I imagining things?). Oh and I, too, got a bit teary
FourBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 23:42   #9
Atlantisfreak

@ Cochrane:

Quote:
Development
The game has not yet entered production. Ragnar's blog has informed us that until Funcom's current projects are complete, there will be no progress on DF Chapters. An interview with Erling Ellingson confirmed that the project is on hold, and that it might be taken up again after the release of Age of Conan. Now that AoC has been released and development of The Secret World ramped up to full speed, DF Chapters will be delayed until at least the launch of that. Ragnar has estimated the development time as approximately 18 months.
so after the secret world

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBalls View Post
Yeah. To be honest I don't remember much from the game. Just the last scene with the bed and everything (at least I think that was the last scene? or am I imagining things?). Oh and I, too, got a bit teary
it was one of the last things yes, but not exactly the last thing you saw. really sad, the scene with the bed :'(

EDIT- paragraph from Ragnar Törnquists blog:

Quote:
2012 is going to be a pretty exciting year, and I'm not talking about Mayan prophecies. The Secret World will finally be out, ending -- or not ending, but paragraphing -- more than five years of development. We won't be leaving TSW behind, of course, since there's tons more to come after launch, but at least we'll be able to catch our breath and look ahead.

And what's ahead? That's too early to say, but rest assured that I haven't, and will not, leave The Longest Journey and Dreamfall fans in the dark forever. Chapters is going to happen, and hopefully this year you'll know when and how.

There might also be other stuff, but it's only January, so let's pace ourselves.

Around this time, I've usually done my lists of top games and films of the year that's been, and that's in the works. Mostly for my own benefit, to recap and process a bit, but hopefully it'll help some of you discover things you haven't yet.

January the one, then. Twentytwelve. Year of prophecy, change and release.

Last edited by Atlantisfreak; 28-01-12 at 23:55.
Old 12-05-12, 23:19   #10
AshesBorn

Just finished playing it, spent a whole day on it.
The game is amazing, really.

But the ending... ugh... how do I put it nicely? Um... not only is it f**king depressing, it's also a complete cop-out. When the credits started rolling I couldn't stop thinking "Did I get the premature ending for doing something wrong?", then I googled it and found out that it was the real ending. So many loose ends, it's just unbelievable. Also it was a huge disappointment to find out that the whole game was pointless cause the bad guys won anyway. I sure hope we get a continuation just for the sake of finishing up all the storylines properly.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote