Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 13-05-12, 14:14   #2951
XNAaraL

Default Blender -- mesh.assignVertsToGroup() AttributeError: group does not exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukla View Post
Hii ~

There's a problem with Runa's DMC4 Nero : When I load the mesh model in Blender, it has no bones. Do you know how I am supposed to fix this please ? Thank you
I can not find the download link forRuna's DMC4 Nero here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...ostcount=12424 Therefore, I can not test it.

Try this tutorials:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...postcount=2932

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...80#post5995980

if the Blender console looks like this:

Blender importer script error:
mesh.assignVertsToGroup() AttributeError: group does not exist!

Last edited by XNAaraL; 13-05-12 at 17:13.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-12, 14:17   #2952
XNAaraL

Default XNALara - Error Message: list.index(x): x not in list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Knight View Post
Whenever I try to export my model as a ascii file, I keep getting this error message.

I tried deleting all the bones that are mentioned in the error message, like this tutorial suggested, but it didn't help. What should I do?
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...postcount=1497 Unfortunately, all pictures are gone. The image hoster is down for ever.

Short description:
Dont delete the vertex groups!
Add the missing bones!

Hint: You can easy add the bones by invoke Spacebar-->Add bone and name the bone according the error message spine upper, unused.002, arm left shoulder 1 ... arm right shoulder 2
You can change the positon and bone order (parent) later. First try to export the model.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 13-05-12 at 17:19.
Old 20-05-12, 18:19   #2953
ghostlion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayr Croft View Post
Help me please
This was mentioned again on page 293 but I am still unable to fix it. The model I am working with has no bump maps or light maps. It has a single UV texture.

If I do all the steps to make it a .mesh and open in XNALara it is invisible. If I open the .mesh.ascii in notepad and change the one line to 1_meshname_0.1_0_0, then drag it over the asciitobin.exe XNA Lara gives me this error.
( " Index was outside the bounds of the array. at XNALara.Mesh>RenderSinglePass(Effect, effect, String[]textureParams " )

Can anyone tell me what I need to change about the .mesh.ascii file in notepad? Or something I need to do differently with the import/export?

I have combed this forum and found only links to invalid or deleted files or pages. I have also combed google and other forums.

Please help!

Last edited by ghostlion88; 20-05-12 at 18:20.
ghostlion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-12, 20:19   #2954
ghostlion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlion88 View Post

If I do all the steps to make it a .mesh and open in XNALara it is invisible. If I open the .mesh.ascii in notepad and change the one line to 1_meshname_0.1_0_0, then drag it over the asciitobin.exe XNA Lara gives me this error.
( " Index was outside the bounds of the array. at XNALara.Mesh>RenderSinglePass(Effect, effect, String[]textureParams " )

Please help!
Ok NOW I understand render groups.

The number in front of the mesh name labels what render group is represented. (Number=type of Render Group!!!)_meshname_0.1_0_0)

I was somehow reading that #1 represents the simplest render group of all, which is one that does not require a bump map or diffuse map. Sometimes I read information wrong when I'm too exhausted and going cross-eyed through page after page after page of text. Also lack of sleep and stuff. Should probably take a nap & a break but I have have severe OCD and insomnia.

I don't know how I read over that stuff so many times and still missed the concept. I hope this helps someone else with OCD and insomnia whose brain might be in collapse mode. http://www.tombraider.gr/3drender_groups.htm
ghostlion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-12, 03:55   #2955
Blue Knight

I rigged the head of an .obj model and whenever I try to add it to xnalara it's invisible. that skeleton is there but I can't see the head model. Any advice?
Blue Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 06:23   #2956
TRDaz

Quote:
I rigged the head of an .obj model and whenever I try to add it to xnalara it's invisible. that skeleton is there but I can't see the head model. Any advice?
When you exported it from blender did you get an error? If so, show a pic please
TRDaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-12, 21:08   #2957
Blue Knight

Oh I figured it out but thanks for the help!
Old 25-05-12, 06:58   #2958
XNAaraL

Default Armature Bones Panel - default bone display settings

Quote:
Thank you but the bones are already missing when I import it into blender, but when I export it back into xnalara they are where they should be.

Wenn ich ein XNALara Modell in Blender lade, dann fehlen ein paar Knochen.
Exportiere ich das Modell danach wieder in das Generic_Item.mesh Format, dann sind diese Knochen in XNALara wieder vorhanden
If a bone name start with unused, then the import script move this bone to the 2nd bone layer. The default bone display settings show only layer one!

Armature Bones Panel - default bone display settings

Change the Display Options
You will then see the layer buttons in the Armature panel – Your can display more than one layer by clicking ⇧ Shift+LMB

Armature Bones Panel - settings to display also the "unused" bones

The Blender exporter script export all objects from all visible object layers:

============== german language =======================
Blender Dokumentation: Armatures im Object Mode

Das Blender Import Skript "MeshAsciiExt" verschiebt alle Knochen deren Namen mit unused beginnt auf den 2. "Bone Layer". Die "Bone Layers" sind die kleinen Quadrate im Panel Armature direkt unterhalb von Display Options.
Der 2. Layer kann in Blender sichtbar gemacht werden durch das Druecken das Anklicken des 2. Feldes im Panel Armature - Display Options
Um den 2. Layer zusaetzlich zu dem ersten Layer anzuzeigen haltet die Schift Taste gedrueckt und klickt mit der linken Maustaste auf das 2. Quadrat.

Der Exporter MeshAsciiExt exportiert immer alle Objekte aller sichtbaren Object Layers!

Last edited by XNAaraL; 25-05-12 at 07:17.
Old 27-05-12, 22:51   #2959
Blue Knight

I keep getting this error message whenever I try to export my model...

Old 29-05-12, 04:50   #2960
XNAaraL

Default Blender MeshAsciiExt exporter error rootBone = armature.bones.values()[0] IndexError

Blender MeshAsciiExt exporter error
rootBone = armature.bones.values()[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

Quote:
I keep getting this error message whenever I try to export my model...

Your model has a armature, but the first armature has no bones!

Last edited by XNAaraL; 29-05-12 at 04:52.