Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 04-02-18, 02:41   #21
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Of course Trinity will be involved, there needs to be closure on that plotline.
Considering how little continuity there was between the 2013 game and Rise, apart from Jonah, I wouldn't be surprised if they randomly drop important **** again for this game.

I'd expect them to keep Trinity around, because it makes sense for continuity. However a lot of this series makes no sense already, so I wouldn't be shocked if they vanished absent reason, like Sam did. Story-writing hasn't exactly been a strong point for the Reboot games.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-02-18 at 02:43.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 02:47   #22
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
That's hard to do. If they can make people like another character as much as or more than Lara, that's a good problem to have.
The current Lara would be easy to beat.

Look back on how many people were fawning over TRU's Doppelgänger's appearance (and the fact she killed Alister, which you could argue that Core Lara would have also done ).
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 02:54   #23
Costel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Considering how little continuity there was between the 2013 game and Rise, apart from Jonah, I wouldn't be surprised if they randomly drop important **** again for this game.

I'd expect them to keep Trinity around, because it makes sense for continuity. However a lot of this series makes no sense already, so I wouldn't be shocked if they vanished absent reason, like Sam did. Story-writing hasn't exactly been a strong point for the Reboot games.
The 2013 game had continuity in the comics even if it wasn˙t needed. There was no reason for continuity in Rise. Everything was done. Solarii and Mathias were defeated. Himiko was annihilated. Or at least we believed she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
The current Lara would be easy to beat.

Look back on how many people were fawning over TRU's Doppelgänger's appearance (and the fact she killed Alister, which you could argue that Core Lara would have also done ).
The killing-machine-one woman army that is Lara now is easy to beat?

NO!

Last edited by Costel; 04-02-18 at 02:58.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 05:46   #24
robm_2007

^ Context mishap. I was talking about TRU's doppelgaenger "beating" TReboot Lara in popularity (at least in regards to her demeanor and appearance), not a death match.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 06:42   #25
Moon-Safari

DG kinda made me like Lara more. Kindve took the pressure off of Lara having to be this crazy lunatic asshole in black leather pants. Seeing doppelgänger blow up the house and be a wild bitch made me look at Lara as this graceful elegant reasonable dove of resilience. I had more respect for Keely's portrayal of milktoast Lara because she became the good old underdog.

It's a trope but it's a great one that is still viable. It was a major plot point in "Logan" and that was the greatest xmen movie to date, and it can be argued one of the greatest superhero movies ever made, loved by fans and critics alike. TR has no shame in copying lost, the descent, dark gritty action movies etc, so why stop short of greatness. If it can be done in a new way that fits the reboot universe (and it can) and add something new, I would freaking love to see doppelgänger make a return.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 15:33   #26
Evan C.

Actually I love the idea! However, according to my theories Shadow envolves the idea of Lara’s dark side, Trinity and and Black Sun Myth I think it’s going to be part of the plot.
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 16:16   #27
Moon-Safari

If they give DG an actual personality and make her like this manipulative duplicitous criminal, expertly stirring trouble to accomplish an end goal, like this trinity agent think tank who they ultimately control but is like this rogue/ half AI agent who does what she wants, that would really flesh out the character and bring out a brand new dimension that's never been seen in DG. Then, if Kurtis is introduced as HER sidekick, before Lara and him work towards building an unexpected alliance, so many dynamic subtle layers to those relationships that can unfold.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 18:41   #28
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
Actually I love the idea! However, according to my theories Shadow envolves the idea of Lara’s dark side, Trinity and and Black Sun Myth I think it’s going to be part of the plot.
This sounds quite interesting. In what way, do you know?
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 22:01   #29
Evan C.

Well, the leaked concept presented an eclipse which nobody noticed. The hint in Rise places the upcoming game in Central America and there are paintings of what seems to be the Fountain of Youth, which also is the most famous myth in the region the hint was located. Which also involved the black sub myth -I made a whole thread about it- .
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-18, 00:17   #30
veigafd

I think doppelganger, Natla, Amanda, and whatsoever from the past should stay in the past. Except Lara's traits. I just want it to experience something quite unique, a new history, a new tale, just like every game from the classics that have a different story in each version. But probably that's not happening, cause the family issues made an appearance in this iteration of Lara as well.
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote