Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 29-12-16, 17:31   #24841
domino92

Guys, I realize the protag's face isn't really spoiler territory, but do you think we could white text this? I'm trying to avoid any secrets the game may be hiding.

And I haven't gone into full "Avoid Anything Resident Evil Related Mode" yet, since the game is still a bit away. Once that happens, consider me absent from this thread until I beat RE7.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-16, 19:20   #24842
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
Having played the updated demo and achieved the true ending, I felt I finally got a proper feel of how the full game is going to be like, and I have to say I am excited for it now. Too bad Kingdom Hearts 2.8 comes out on the same day, so god knows when I'll be getting the game.

I also tried to solve that 5 murder puzzle/mystery because I really want to get that coin, but it's so flimsy and unreliable, with those little girl laughs not triggering when they're supposed to. I followed Eurogamer's video guide, but when it got to shooting that painting with the hooded figure, it never worked; I tried numerous times, having shot that stupid painting over and over, and even restarted the demo about 5 times, but nothing ever happened. >_> Eurogamer also said it can happen with the doll. Does anyone have any tips to guarantee the laugh triggers?
Same here.. certain stages messed up - at random.

It apparently happens when you pick up ammo or the handgun.

I tried it without picking those up and it worked perfectly first time. You will need the axe to hit the painting tho AFAIK.
Pick up the lockpick in the basement and use it on the kitchen drawer - no need for the VHS section.

You'll have to exit the corpse room and reenter so the monster respawns in a different spot.
Sprint and pick up the key on the doll and run back - rapidly press X to kick the door through.

Even if you get hit - you should still be able to get the coin.
And obviously keep your demo savegame to transfer.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-16, 21:45   #24843
Dia2blo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Argh.. do I get a physical disc or digital.

Disc would be cool, but it probably won't arrive until late in the day (I'd be waiting around for it)

Digital I could play pretty much right away.. but it would take up tons of space on my HDD.

Anyone else have a preference?
I have almost entirely moved on to digital now with the exception of special editions and cheap deals. It just makes so much more sense to me from a technical and effort standpoint.
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 00:44   #24844
Peep Show

Resident Evil 7 is the first game in the series that i'm genuinely excited about, i'm really loving the new direction.
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 03:26   #24845
FearEffect

I just finished Revelations 1. I thought I'd hate it. But I loved it! The Revelations spin-off looks more Resident Evil than the original franchise. The negative points of it would be the gameplay that should be quicker for the kind of Boss they put into the game. It needs quick reaction and the actual gameplay doesn't allow that. And Jill's face looks kinda weird too. I'd give both REV1 and 2 18-19/20. I really missed enjoying games like I enjoyed these two.

I do think RE7 looks good but it's definitely not my kind of games and not what I want Resident Evil to become. That's why I'm not excited about it at all, but I would be super excited if they announced Revelations 3 right now. I just became a Revelations fan.

I just bought RE0 and 1 HD from steam, I'll play both games this week if I can, I can't wait.

Edit : Well, I'm playing RE0, I like it but... I'm not loving it. I don't like how slow everything is. The dialogs, the cutscenes, it tooks almost 9 seconds to open a damn door or go upstairs. I hate that.

Last edited by FearEffect; 30-12-16 at 15:46.
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 04:43   #24846
matrix54

We do not discuss RE0 here.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 04:48   #24847
domino92

I still haven't played Zero yet. I just nabbed some component cables for my Wii, so I may grab Zero for the Wii soon.

Optimally I'd like to grab the PS4 combo-pack, but I haven't seen it around lately at any game stores, which means it's probably going to be a little costly.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 07:40   #24848
WolfRaider

At long ****ing last, I have gone through RE4 to the end! Better late than never lol, cause man what an amazing game this was.

Some cool extras to check out too, especially since I can't say no to playing more of Ada. Just got Assignment Ada over with since it is short, and hey a bit of Wesker at the end.
WolfRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 14:34   #24849
FearEffect

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
We do not discuss RE0 here.
What does that mean ?
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 14:37   #24850
matrix54

RE0 isn't the bestest of games is all.

While I enjoyed it, it's flaws are glaring, and obvious.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote