Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 06-12-16, 14:02   #61
Paolone

Sorry for multiple-answers but I'm very busy in these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombGuardian View Post
since I'm building a level and now there is a new version of TRNG... if I update, my game/PRJ/WAD will be corrupted?
Once you rebuild all source files (script, prj ect) all should works fine.
Anyway, I had a signlation of a problem about triggergroups with many (more than 32) exported triggers.
With 1.3.0.0 relase, in that case, there are the bug "too much (many) arguments" from scripter.
Anyway I had already fixed that bug, and a new 1.3.0.1 update is coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post

Thanks, Sapper.
Weirdly, when I looked for vs2010 download last month, I didn't find anything.
While now, you and now also me, find some links for that download.
Perhaps is own the big request for that version from us, to have changed the things!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
NG_Tomb2PC.exe closes right after converting, instead of staying opened.
I like it to stay opened so I can easily check which sounds might be missing from my Sounds folder. (not important now because I know what I have to do to get rid of the messages now, but in the future)
How can I make it so it stays open and does not close automatically?
I had not noticed this change.
This self-closing happens with [Exit & Play] button, or with multiple level building?
Because I tried, from ng_center button, with a single level and ng_tom2pc window stands there until I don't quit the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I have one more question regarding the new TRNG. I remember you were saying that you're gonna look into the way meshes are being lit up by dynamic lighting. So, my question is: is it possible to make static meshes react to lights in the same way as ANIMATING/LARA/ENEMY objects?
I've never studied this problem, anyway I believe it required a big conversion about internal format. Because for statics some items about internal light is missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderromero View Post
Should i be aware if i continue?

I have visual studio lastest version, or can i only use vs2010...
Sure, you can convert, it's not a problem, neither for next source updates, because I'll supply only .cpp and .h files and not project files.
Above speech is about updates, of course.
When I'll give new plugin sources (new and not updates of old plugins), there will be also project files (solution and project) and that will be vs2010 version, but then it will be enough load in vc2015 and convert also that.
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 16:39   #62
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolone View Post
I had not noticed this change.
This self-closing happens with [Exit & Play] button, or with multiple level building?
Because I tried, from ng_center button, with a single level and ng_tom2pc window stands there until I don't quit the program.
I always start ng_tom2pc from a shortcut on my desktop.

Odd thing is that when I installed the new TRNG in a copied TRLE folder, I could not start my game. It would crash. It looks like this had to do with the FLEP-patched tomb4.exe: the game would not accept the higher quality sfx. When converting the levels using the original sfx, the levels would run fine.
However, when I install the TRNG files (other than NG-Center) in my old TRLE folder, with which I've been working on MoA part2, it all works fine. Including my FLEP-patched tomb4.exe.
Ng_tom2pc does not close down after converting the levels either.

So it's a bit odd.
But at least it is working with FLEP this way.
No need for you to look into this. It is undoubtedly something on my end, combined with the use of FLEP.

Next thing I need to do is a completely new TRLE installation and install TRNG into that for all the testing stuff.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 17:00   #63
Mrs Manson

Why mouse patch is not working anymore? I need it to have more control on the room editor

EDIT: Sorry but i didn't know the update changes the room editor too, i used the patch again and now it works.

Last edited by Mrs Manson; 06-12-16 at 17:04.
Mrs Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 18:22   #64
AkyV

Paolone, would you be so kind to have a look at this thread as well?

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215819
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 09:15   #65
Joey79100

A question for you Paolone: did you plan to include the source code of Tomb_NextGeneration.dll? We have the header file but I can't seem to find the source code file.
Maybe I just overlooked it after all.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 18:26   #66
N.E.O
Inactive

Hmm, I must be missing something obvious but... how do I update my TRLE folder to 1.3.0.0?

I downloaded the MK5, I installed NG_Center 1.5 and I restarted the computer. When I launch NG_Center, it doesn't ask me anything and automatically points to the "default" TRLE folder in Program Files. I change the TRLE folder to the one in my documents, and then I click "Change Version", then "1.3.0.0". I have an error with this log:

Code:
Short Path of Folder to restore: C:\Users\CDRIC~1\DOCUME~1\TRLE\NG_CEN~1\Versions\v1_3_0_0
Long Path of Folder to restore: C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\NG_Center\Versions\v1_3_0_0
Loading: C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\NG_Center\center_settings.bin
Found: C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallerForTRNG\Settings_installer.bin
Paths found in: Settings_installer.bin
	Trle      = C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\trle
	NG_Center = C:\Program Files (x86)\NG_Center
	WadMerger = C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\WADMerger
	Merger.exe= C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\WADMerger\WADMerger_fix.exe
	TestIgnoraWadMerge=Faux
DirWadMerger=C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\WADMerger
NomeExeWadMerger=C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\WADMerger\WADMerger_fix.exe
Found wad merger exe: C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\WADMerger\WADMerger_fix.exe
Starting restore version: C:\Users\Cédric\Documents\TRLE\NG_Center\Versions\v1_3_0_0
Start timer event
Locate current version for: C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\trle\Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
The folder for current version is: C:\Program Files (x86)\NG_Center\Versions\v1_2_2_7
Found current version folders:
	C:\Program Files (x86)\NG_Center\Versions\v1_2_2_7
	C:\Program Files (x86)\NG_Center\Versions\v1_2_2_7+
Version folders after the sorting:
	C:\Program Files (x86)\NG_Center\Versions\v1_2_2_7
	C:\Program Files (x86)\NG_Center\Versions\v1_2_2_7+
INTERNAL ERROR: cann't locate the version folder to install or the folder of current installed version
I don't understand, shouldn't NG_Center ask me to set the TRLE folder and WADMerger folder in the first place?

EDIT : I found the 1.3.0.0 dll in NG_Center files, I just put it in my TRLE folder and it seems to work, NG_Center now displays 1.3.0.0 as the current version. ^^

Last edited by N.E.O; 10-12-16 at 19:12.
N.E.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 23:22   #67
ggctuk

Well, well! This might , with a bit of plugin adaptation, get me back into TRLE at some point!

Som, what exactly can be done with these plugins? Is it a case of "anything, if you can program it in"?

Last edited by ggctuk; 10-12-16 at 23:26.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 12:39   #68
TombGuardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
All your "source" files (PRJ, TXT script, WADs, things like that) will still be compatible with no problem. However you will need to re-build your levels and your scripts. It's that simple.
And if you were using FLEP, you can keep your old tomb4.exe, or take the red icon version in the Tools folder and patch this one (the blue icon version won't work when patched with FLEP).
I use the 'automatic climb in crawlspace' and 'roll out of crawlspace' FLEP patches. I still didn't understand what to do, sorry
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 16:26   #69
Titak

^
Reconvert your .tom files and reconvert (build) your script in the new NG-Center.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 00:35   #70
Paolone

Sorry if now I don't answer but it's late now for me (1:30 am).
Tomorrow I'll try to answer, now I signal only that there is a new update to fix some bugs of 1.3.0.0 version.
You can get it only via Update panel of NG_Center with [Check for new Updates] buttons.

I remind also that now there is a module to signal bugs or request of improvement, new features:

http://www.trlevelmanager.eu/sender.htm
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote