Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 03-12-05, 23:50   #61
lorien elf

About Kurtis and Gunderson? I wanted to know more though.
lorien elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 23:54   #62
Kamrusepas

Quote:
Originally posted by Limiel:
Do you have any idea how wrong an idea one can get of that?

Anyways yeah, I think it should've been talked about a bit more. Wait, it wasn't mentioned in the game at all, was it?
Kamrusepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 23:57   #63
Kamrusepas

Quote:
I mean, it was only recently that it'd come in from Turkey, right? and it seems like they'd had the Proto for a little while at least.
A conversation between Kurtis and a truck driver, that was left out of the game:
"Aaaargh!"
"Hey, take it easy. What's going on down here?"
"Dying! We're all dying! Proto's on the loose. Black Angel's gonna kill us."
"Get a grip! What's gonna kill us?"
"The Proto! It got free. We got fed to it but it ate the guards when the power shut down."
"What the hell's the Proto?"
"The screamer! The Black Angel."
"Come on. I'll help you find a way out."
"Aaaaaaaaargh! Get off me!"
"Alright. But calm down. Hey, I don't give a damn about your Black Angel. What are you doing down here?"
"I didn't sign on for this. Not devils and shadows. I'm just a truck driver."
"What? You drove here?"
"Death sleeping inside five tons of Turkish stone. Then the Black Angel got loose."
"Guess we're all gonna have to take our chances then."
"You can't hide out there. He'll get you. He'll get us all."
"You OK? You said you drove here."
"Four days on the road, from Turkey. Long way. Long way."
"What did you bring here? What-were-you-carrying?"
"Death in five tons of stone. The Sleeper. Drove here, then they grabbed us. She locked us in here with her hungry pet the screamer. The Proto!"
"You were fed to that thing?"
"Fed to it, yes. But not me. I'm safe in here."
"Yeah, sure. Keep the door locked, OK."

I don't actually know if that's just one conversation, it seems a bit weird. But meh.

My 777th post, btw

[ 03. December 2005, 23:59: Message edited by: Kamrusepas ]
Old 03-12-05, 23:58   #64
Catlantean

Quote:
I guess Eckhardt wasn't that persuasive on his own ...
Allow me to disagree and say that Eckhardt is VERY persuasive on his own - because when someone disagrees with him, he murders them on the spot (remember Boaz?). Perhaps terror isn't quite the subtlest persuasion technique out there, but it sure as hell works just as well as mind control

Kamrusepas, that conversation was in the game. You find the truck driver (already half-zombified) in one of the cells in Sanatorium.

[ 04. December 2005, 00:03: Message edited by: Catlantean ]
Catlantean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 00:03   #65
lorien elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamrusepas:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Limiel:
Do you have any idea how wrong an idea one can get of that?

Anyways yeah, I think it should've been talked about a bit more. Wait, it wasn't mentioned in the game at all, was it?
</font>[/QUOTE]Hahaha. Sorry about that, missed it until you pointed it out. Thanks. Hehe. Hm, I dont even recall how it is exactly that I learned of it. I tried to pay attention carefully to the dialogue as I was playing the game. Didn't want to miss anything. Dont have the pc version either so can't go back and look for stuff. I guess I read it from someone else's post or whatever. The strategy guide that I still have to buy, might say something about that relationship and Kurtis's past. Maybe that was it, read it online in his bio or something. Hehe. good speculation.
Oh, hm, thanks very much Kamrusepas for that convo piece. I guess it was fairly recently that they arrived at the Strahov, you think? I mean, the four day's travel was just for bringing it there, not necessarily any indication in it that they had been at the Strahov for as long or even longer so. But then if he's the last one alive, maybe Boaz fed one of them at a time, but quickly? The guy wasn't a zombie, so he must not have been there all that long, for the experiments or what-not to be done on him. err, thanks again though, Kamrusepas. hope I didnt miss too much from that post/convo.
Old 04-12-05, 00:03   #66
Kamrusepas

Oh, sorry, I didn't remember that

Quote:
Dont have the pc version either so can't go back and look for stuff.
Why not?

Anyways, I'm off for work, see ya tomorrow

[ 04. December 2005, 00:06: Message edited by: Kamrusepas ]
Old 04-12-05, 00:07   #67
lorien elf

Haha, that's actually true, Catlantean. But as far as manipulation via careful conversations and such, even through promises like immortality, could have helped Eckhardt in gaining Gunderson's participation in the first place at least, right? maybe he didnt have enough of the persuasive skill to keep Gunderson on as a lackey though so that's where the glove came in handy. Hehe. money not enough to run around doing old guy's dirty work, I wonder. I know there had to have been a blue glowy thing, for sure. Maybe he was just odd like that and enjoyed giving his employees a bit of electric shock or whatever... meh. I'm being odd. yeah, I do remember that conversation from the game though. But there was more to it right? I mean, didnt Kurtis uh find the truck they'd driven or maybe talk to someone else about it in the parts that were cut out of the final version?
Old 04-12-05, 00:08   #68
lorien elf

Heh, see ya, thanks though again. I played it on PS2 and use a laptop so fear it might do well if I were to get the pc version. thanks though. for info and such. hehe.
Old 04-12-05, 00:08   #69
Catlantean

Here's another mystery for you

When Eckhardt confronts her about it, Boaz says she couldn't kill the Proto and blames it on him for not giving her the Periapt Shard. But in the Sanatorium, you find what is CLEARLY a dead Proto in one of her labs.

Hmmmm...makes you wonder if she was saving the Proto for a certain (ponytailed) somebody

[ 04. December 2005, 00:09: Message edited by: Catlantean ]
Catlantean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 00:15   #70
lorien elf

Hehe, ****e, you're right, thanks Catlantean. But what if that one was just a failed experiment, one that didn't survive the Nephilim DNA stuff? but then again, she could have found a creative way to kill it, right? dismembering it or whatever surely would have worked. I mean, it certainly can't regenerate body parts or glue itself back together, right? or she could have used something heavy to completely bash its head in, right? hehe, "fix that why dont ya? *****!" err, I'm a bit odd. But anyway, I think you're right on, maybe she didn't try hard enough, if at all, to kill the one that was alive?
It did hint at something there, that she was reluctant to destroy the thing, not only because she needed a Periapt shard or something. Hehe, had she grown fond of it or so? lol, that would have been fun to see it unleashed against Eckhardt as you suggest. A taste of his own medicine as it were. or just a spot of revenge. Course, worse happened to Boaz though. shame.