Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 11-05-14, 16:08   #591
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry22 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Rise Like a Phoenix is very James Bond theme-ish?
Shh, I have a secret.

Conchita is the new Bond Girl!
Vinkula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 16:11   #592
xLara_Nathanx

I just showed my mother Conchita's 2nd semi-final performance and... her reaction.

When the camera zoomed in her face, she was a bit shocked. When the video was over, she told me that she really liked the song and the performance, but she was confused as to if she's a man or woman. I explained it to her and I told her that she doesn't hurt anyone by just being who she wants to be, and surprisingly she was open-minded about it.

And about the Polish girls, I don't really have a problem with it. It's how they wanted to portray themselves. Good for them. Might not be everyone's cup of tea. It's not just about the song, it's about the performance as a whole.

Then why would there be a hamster wheel or a trampoline, for example?
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 16:12   #593
strawberry22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
Shh, I have a secret.

Conchita is the new Bond Girl!
I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if she was the next Bond Theme hit. The song definitely screamed Bond.
strawberry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 16:16   #594
Vinkula

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
I just showed my mother Conchita's 2nd semi-final performance and... her reaction.

When the camera zoomed in her face, she was a bit shocked. When the video was over, she told me that she really liked the song and the performance, but she was confused as to if she's a man or woman. I explained it to her and I told her that she doesn't hurt anyone by just being who she wants to be, and surprisingly she was open-minded about it.

And about the Polish girls, I don't really have a problem with it. It's how they wanted to portray themselves. Good for them. Might not be everyone's cup of tea. It's not just about the song, it's about the performance as a whole.

Then why would there be a hamster wheel or a trampoline, for example?
I liked the boobs.
I liked the wheel.
I liked the trampoline.
I liked the beard.
I liked the show.
I love you.
Vinkula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-14, 16:34   #595
tomekkobialka

Conchita's song was very powerful I thought. It sounds like James Bond because James Bond songs are also powerful.

Poland was just some fun, obviously they're not meant to be taken seriously. The producers themselves said on polish TV that the song was a parody. At least it was something unique.

Btw, that Russian booing was pretty abominable. Those sisters and the Moscow presenter had no reason to go through what they did. "Tolerant Europe" my ass!
tomekkobialka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-14, 01:43   #596
Johnnay

Just have to put this here (if anyone is interested)

Hahahahahaha........Ireland didn't even make it into the final and for dress rehearsals Azerbaijan gave Ireland 10 points although they arent in the final

Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-14, 09:08   #597
January_Snow*

^^
It's a standard procedure, each year in dress rehearsals, they make a country read out their points wrong, so they can rehearse the situation and how to handle it
January_Snow* is offline   Reply With Quote