Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 02-07-07, 14:36   #1
GGM

Default Who write those games?

I mean, they start a story, but they don't know how to end it. The only TB game that has a full story are the three firsts, plus Anniversary.

In Last Revelation, they killed Lara. That's okay.
In Chronicles, they wanted to pretend that she was still dead. Once again, that's okay.
In AOD they never metion it, and pretend that it never happened. That's not okay.

Who write those games?
GGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 14:41   #2
Angel_14

They didn't 'kill' Lara, they just made us believe that she's dead. Tr5 was a 'remembering' to her adventures by her friends. In AoD, Lara mentions in the beginning "Egypt, Werner. You walked away and left me. There was no pity then".
Angel_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 18:46   #3
ThomasCroft
Inactive

As another member mentioned on the forum, not knowing how Lara escaped the tomb has an appeal to it.

Whether the "Amulet of Power"'s explanation is valid is controversial amongst TR fans.
ThomasCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 19:49   #4
NightWish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGM View Post
I mean, they start a story, but they don't know how to end it. The only TB game that has a full story are the three firsts, plus Anniversary.

In Last Revelation, they killed Lara. That's okay.
In Chronicles, they wanted to pretend that she was still dead. Once again, that's okay.
In AOD they never metion it, and pretend that it never happened. That's not okay.

Who write those games?
Toby gard has written the plots of Legend and anniversary

In the classics the writers were in the core team - which is now fored and crystal dynamics are making the games

And AOD was writen by Murty Stroungford(sp?) And I also think it was not OK to ignore aod like that. SO please sign the aod continuation petition (see my signature)
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 11:08   #5
Laras Backpack

I watched the DVD that came with the collector's edition of TRA and I may be remembering incorrectly but when they interviewed the guys from Core (who made TR4) they implied that Core killed off Lara to take a break from the franchise- perhaps forever or for the forseeable future. They had been producing new TR games constantly for almost five years, were exhausted and needed a break- hence they killed Ms Croft. But Eidos didn't want to end it there, so they made TR5 and AOD. Is this correct or have I got the wrong idea?
Laras Backpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 23:03   #6
tranniversary119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Backpack View Post
I watched the DVD that came with the collector's edition of TRA and I may be remembering incorrectly but when they interviewed the guys from Core (who made TR4) they implied that Core killed off Lara to take a break from the franchise- perhaps forever or for the forseeable future. They had been producing new TR games constantly for almost five years, were exhausted and needed a break- hence they killed Ms Croft. But Eidos didn't want to end it there, so they made TR5 and AOD. Is this correct or have I got the wrong idea?

I believe thats quite right.
And you wonder why AOD turned out so bad. But i bet the same thing will happen with Crystal Dynamics. I give it another 7-10 years
tranniversary119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 23:18   #7
Tyrannosaurus

Lara needs some better writers.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-07, 08:29   #8
NightWish

Yes toby gard should go. Is anyone up for aaother petition?
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-07, 09:13   #9
SLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Backpack View Post
thats quiet no true , killing lara was part of the story they originaly had for the nextgen title the were doing. how the hell would they get bored of lara, she brought them millions, she paid thier paycheck every month. i think that what you heard is a term in the contract between Eidos and Rebillion "not stating true information about anything connected with TR"
SLAYER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-07, 10:11   #10
Zelda master

how would you feel if i made you make every year another game around cristmas with each time one theme tombs and lara...

i already get crazy if i have to make one level in the LE they had to deliver 5 game in 5 years... thats just sick...
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote