Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-07-18, 16:55   #11
Ruu11

^ Lmao so true about Von Croy looking so old even at his "youth"
...how many years exactly transcurred from TR4 to TRAOD??????
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-18, 17:55   #12
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
^ Lmao so true about Von Croy looking so old even at his "youth"
...how many years exactly transcurred from TR4 to TRAOD??????
From 1984 (Teenager Lara) to 1999 (25 years) he likes holding a grudge doesn't he?
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 03:03   #13
Zreen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
From 1984 (Teenager Lara) to 1999 (25 years) he likes holding a grudge doesn't he?
15, not 25.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 07:42   #14
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Which I found more weird is the fact that someone from Core Design said that Lara was in love with him... wtf
Any source? I have never seen such info before. I know she was fascinated by him, but that's all about it. There was definitely some chemistry between Lara and Kurtis though.

About relationship between Werner and Lara: I think in TR4 Werner holds grudge against Lara due to the events of Angkor Wat, the Iris and the fact that Lara was more successful than him. Lara probably still considered him a friend though and Werner, even though blinded by jealousy, also thought of Lara as a friend. This especially shows during the ending FMV of TR4, where Lara says "it's good to see you again" and Werner responds "I couldn't leave you".

After that Lara is buried beneath the Great Pyramid and probably stays there for few days, or manages to get out by herself. The event was so distressing though that later she would say "of all the terrors in the world today the thing that haunts me still is Egypt"*. She was found by the beduin tribe and healed by Putai. It was then when Werner found her and tried to persuade Lara to come back to England. She wouldn't listen.

After that the tribe was slaughtered either by another tribe or some military thingies (can't remember which one is the official version). Lara lost her friends and so decided to return to England. This is when Werner calls her and TRAOD story starts.

Now the only thing I find weird is how Lara holds grudge against Werner. He was looking for her beneath the pyramid. He also found her with the tribe. Lara knew he didn't leave her since she talked to him during the ending FMV of TR4. The only explanation I can think of is that Lara's behavior is due to the moment where Lara was beneath the pyramid up until Putai found her. Maybe, when Lara was rescued by Putai, she thought that Werner abandoned her and didn't know he was actually trying to dig her out from beneath the pyramid.
This would mean then that Lara managed to escape the pyramid using a different entrance, that Werner didn't know about and which was probably positioned far away from the main one.

That's the only way to explain why Lara is so mad at Werner imo. She probably refused to leave the tribe because already then she thought Werner abandoned her and only came back once she was safe and easy to approach.

*TEXT_UK.DB
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-18, 09:29   #15
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post
15, not 25.
Yeah I was a bit tired posting that, not gonna win any intelligence contests soon.
Old 07-07-18, 12:55   #16
Maverin

Yes. It's like they are in a love/hate relationship, to the extreme that is. One moment trying to kill each other and hiring assassins and the next trying to save each other.. almost like they both have borderline syndrome

Last edited by Maverin; 08-07-18 at 11:34.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 09:27   #17
Potkanka

I think there's simply not enough information for their relationship to all make sense just from canon. That there is a lot we need to fill in ourselves.
My own personal explanation is that they had an intense rivalry throughout the years that ranged from almost killing each other to being quite friendly and cooperating (with maybe some fights over the credit for whatever they found). They can both hold grudges and they refuse to admit when the other is right, but they respect each other anyway.
And after all that happened, it was, of all people, Lara, that Werner called when he feared for his life. And Lara actually travelled to Paris for him. That's gotta mean something.
Potkanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 15:41   #18
LaraCablara

Von Croy was a really awkward character from the start and it always bothered me that they were trying to make him happen. If they wanted to make a compelling male villain or frenemy they probably should not have picked a generic old looking man.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 16:46   #19
Girafarig32

What if the photograph of them standing together next to the artifact (after Angkor Wat and before the events of TR4-Egypt) was for a photo shoot for an article in the paper talking about their immense feats and their continuous rivalry? Maybe Lara was reluctant to get her photo taken though. It's hard to say. But it's fun to think of different possibilities.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 18:50   #20
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
What if the photograph of them standing together next to the artifact (after Angkor Wat and before the events of TR4-Egypt) was for a photo shoot for an article in the paper talking about their immense feats and their continuous rivalry? Maybe Lara was reluctant to get her photo taken though. It's hard to say. But it's fun to think of different possibilities.
Yep, I really wish we got to see more of the Classic TR side-characters introduced in 4 onwards as well as Von Croy, they were interesting.