Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 29-07-18, 15:48   #1
fallenangle

Default Audio Glitch PC - Karnak?

Replaying this in a 'no scratch' run and on return from The Sacred Lake and first visit to the Great Hypostle Hall I've just had a possible sound glitch in Karnak when meeting Von Croy's gunmen.

Every time they hit Lara with a shot, apart from that being annoying, you get the blood effect as normal but the sound is the one used for her underwater swimming strokes. Surely that is not normal. It definitely did not occur in the earlier desert encounters with the gunmen.

I've played this game many times but only a couple on PC and never noticed this before. However if it is an audio glitch you'd expect to find some reference to it or similar problems here or elsewhere. I've searched and can find nothing.

Is this a known sound issue or what?

I've tried replaying from the earliest save I have after the gunmen arrive and LC can get back to an area where they attack her and the same thing has occurred each time. So it is not some one off.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-18, 16:11   #2
Joey79100

It is known, this is also something that appears in a lot of custom levels too.

In previous games, there was a sound triggered each time Lara took a bullet hit.
In TR4, Core replaced that sound with the underwater door sound, but they forgot to remove the code that triggers that particular sound when she's getting hit.
When there is no underwater door in the level, the sound won't play, because it's just not added to the level (for memory reasons, only sounds that are used in a level are actually added to the level file). But when there is an underwater door in the level, you'll hear that sound playing when Lara is getting hit by bullets. And this is the case for Karnak.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-18, 16:42   #3
fallenangle

So its the underwater door sound then, I thought I might not have identified what it was correctly but LC's underwater swimming was the closest I could think of.

Thanks for info - interesting and enlightening.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote