www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures > Tomb Raider Films

Old 13-09-17, 11:06   #4331
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

This kinda reminds me of the time when Alison Carroll mentioned how "epic" TRU will be and everyone was acting as if this was her own opinion instead of phrases Crystal told her to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Anyone would think they're gonna be forced to watch it .
Of course! We're always forced! Just like in 2015 when everyone was forced to buy an Xbox One and play RotTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I for once have not completed any star wars movies or any marvel movies; they are horrible to my taste , but they are successful and they have the cheesiest plots and stories
Not more cheesy than the plots of the older TR movies. And Angelina Jolie's career is in decline, at least when it comes to acting. Aside from Maleficent, which is already 3 years old, there haven't been a lot of big budget movies starring Angelina within the past few years. I'm a big fan of her myself, but I can clearly see that she isn't a popular casting choice anymore. Just take a look at her filmography: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angeli...ie_filmography
Aside from Maleficent, The Tourist was her last big budget movie, and this was in 2010. And after that she was just a voice actress in the Kung Fu Panda movies or she wasn't only an actress but also director and producer, which means that she basically cast herself instead of being casted.
Old 13-09-17, 12:00   #4332
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

Not every actress is as blessed , talented and legendary as Meryl Streep , people And yes , Angelina is definitely not the same super star she was like 10 years ago .

Last edited by Patrick star; 13-09-17 at 12:01.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 12:37   #4333
Avalon SARL
Professor

She is the one who is not that much into acting anymore as she was before.

All I meant to say is that the people will be more interested in seeing her reprise this role in a much more serious movie than playing other characters

And it will be happening
Old 13-09-17, 19:01   #4334
Ariana Grindr
Hobbyist

According to this, Alicia Vikander wants parents to take their kids to see this movie, I guess that confirms it's not R rated. http://http://m.ottawasun.com/2017/09/13/tiff17-alicia-vikander-says-new-tomb-raider-a-coming-of-age-story?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Last edited by Ariana Grindr; 13-09-17 at 19:03.
Ariana Grindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 19:22   #4335
James_Rutland
Relic Hunter

I don't really remember there being any real gritty violence in the script, however I would have thought the axe fight scenes (which weren't present in the draft that leaked) would provide violence.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 19:24   #4336
Rai

I think you missed the most glaring thing in that article: That according to Alicia, there should be a trailer in the next two weeks! (but I'll take it with a grain of salt).
Old 13-09-17, 19:26   #4337
Ariana Grindr
Hobbyist

Quote:
I think you missed the most glaring thing in that article: That according to Alicia, there should be a trailer in the next two weeks! (but I'll take it with a grain of salt).
Hahah, I didn't mention it because there wasn't any evidence to support it in the article, but if it turns out to be true then yay!
Ariana Grindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 19:30   #4338
lizardspock110
Professor

Quote:
I was thinking the same and I got so excited... but then I realised its probably for her other movie which is mentioned in the article
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 19:36   #4339
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
I was thinking the same and I got so excited... but then I realised its probably for her other movie which is mentioned in the article
So, you think the 'Tomb Raider fans rejoice' sentence just before is misleading? Could be. Well now I'm smack down to earth.
Old 13-09-17, 19:41   #4340
lizardspock110
Professor

Quote:
So, you think the 'Tomb Raider fans rejoice' sentence just before is misleading? Could be. Well now I'm smack down to earth.
oh okay I dunno I didn't see that! I'm over analysing things because I seen her other movie comes out soon this year XD
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote