www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 13-09-17, 15:29   #31
HarleyCroft
Historian

I'm with you two, Dustie and SLAYER!

The constant and overwhelming urge to play all classics simultaneously makes sleep seem like such a waste of time
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 17:22   #32
Mani_Man
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
^ Oh, tell me about it! I have like, the whole late 90s of gaming I want to replay one day!
Same...and that is just about the main games.
There are dozens of great 90s-2000s games that have all kinds of awesome mods or like the Tomb Raider games the TRLE...how should a person have enough time for all this.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17, 13:38   #33
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I guess we will just have to wait for retirement!
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 12:41   #34
mind
Archaeologist

I actually like Chronicles a lot. Gameplay is fun and much less punishing than TR4.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17, 21:54   #35
Kivlov
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
There is only one bug at the very end when killing the first cyborg as far as i can remember... loading a game while you are in the water kills Lara even if the electricity switch is tuned off; so saying VCI levels are BUGGY is not exactly correct and fair to say.
Only one? Well... Let's see (below I collected bug descriptions from Stella's webste). And such critical bugs only in 1(!) level - there're more in others. Maybe I was unlucky, but I've faced almost all of them during my walkthrough.

BUG NOTE: Avoid saving your game between finishing the STOREROOM and exiting the LOBBY. If you save here, you may find that after riding the elevator down, the doors won't open, preventing you from entering the LOBBY, or that the metal doors at the top of the LOBBY don't open, preventing you from going on from there. If you do choose to save, use a new slot in case you activate the bug and need to reload. If you're already stuck with the bug, you can download one of my PC or Mac savegames. See the note at the end of the walkthrough about this.

BUG NOTE: I found that these doors wouldn't open, but I was able to climb through them by grabbing the lower edge of the opening and pulling up. In this case, the second pair of soldiers does not appear. If you aren't able to do either, try reloading an earlier save and this time don't save between finishing the STOREROOM and exiting the LOBBY through the angled metal doors.

BUG NOTE: This next section also has a potentially serious bug. Do not save your game between sliding down the chute from the LOBBY and destroying the first cyborg. And be sure to destroy the cyborg using the method that involves shooting the valve, described below. Otherwise, you may be unable to complete the level. If you do choose to save, use a new slot in case you activate the bug and need to reload your previous save. If you're already stuck with the bug, see the FIRST POSSIBLE BUG FIX, at the end of this document.

BUG NOTE: Do not save your game again after using the switch. If you reload, the room will be flooded and you won't be able to get the key bit. If you have already done this, try swinging to the switch and using it again. If that doesn't drain the room, you'll need to reload an earlier save. Resetting the area, as suggested below, won't work here because the grating over the duct prevents you from getting back to the four-way intersection.

BUG NOTE: There is another potential bug in the next section. Avoid saving your game between beginning the first run past the helicopter and when you trap the second cyborg. I was able to save at the button behind the bar and still complete the level, but others have reported not being able to do this. When this particular bug is activated, the second cyborg falls into one of the pits and is trapped there. You can't kill him, so you can't get the second KEY BIT and finish the level. If you do choose to save at any point during this tough section, use a new slot in case you activate the bug and need to start over. If you have already activated the bug, see the note on the SECOND POSSIBLE BUG FIX, at the end of this walkthrough. If that doesn't work, either revert to an earlier save or download one of my savegames, below.

Last edited by Kivlov; 15-09-17 at 21:56.
Kivlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 01:36   #36
Helegad
Explorer

I played through on Mac and was sure to use multiple save slots because I knew that the level was buggy as hell. I don't recall running into any though.
Old 16-09-17, 01:41   #37
ThatSassyKid

I've played through Chronicles the most, and I've only ever encountered one bug in Red Alert! right near the end, the second cyborg wouldn't follow me into the hallway, so I couldn't lock him in and gas him.
Not sure if this is relevant, but this only happened with my NA PC copy, not my PAL or EU versions.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 12:26   #38
fallenangle
Archaeologist

I've always thought that some of the bugs might be particular to the NTSC version from my own experience. The region in which you bought the PC version should not be an issue, PC versions are universal.

I have no idea how they ported it to PC and DC (both PAL and NTSC) but maybe they were all based on the original PS NTSC code.

If during the the port to PAL on the PS they fixed some of those bugs then that might explain why the PAL PS version is reported as having less problems.

The PAL (UK) DC one, as I mentioned earlier, does have many of those bugs described. That was the version I was using when I first encountered them having previously completed the PAL (UK) PS one without, as far as I can remember, it was almost 17 years ago , any serious problem.

This is just theory and it would take another playthough of the PS PAL version deliberately trying to trigger the bugs to confirm or disprove it.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 13:29   #39
mind
Archaeologist

So... I've got to admit I've beaten TRC just yesterday.... Only encountered one bug - after I loaded savegame before 1st cyborg, the room was already flooded. Luckily it could be fixed with some backtracking.

More importantly - it really feels like last "true" Tomb Raider. And that means a lot from someone whose favourite game is Legend.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 20:31   #40
mepsipax
Archaeologist

Chronicles is so ****ing underated. It's short and easy-ish (VCI is pretty hard), but I love it.

Also, I just love that one of the best sections in the series ever is Ireland, and that's my home country