www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 11-09-17, 17:08   #5571
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post

If it makes you feel any better, he rejected me too

Quote:
I actually like him even more for that, oddly enough. Before I played the game I heard a lot of praise/criticism to the effect that all party members can be romanced regardless of gender, so I wasn't expecting to get rejected. It made Dorian seem more real that he has his own personality and doesn't change to suit the player's whims, so I respect him for that. I only played the game once, and obviously didn't romance him, but he's still my favorite character from Inquisition.
Yeah, I liked that everyone wasn't malleable to player wishes in this way... it does makes them seem more real.

And us ladies had Cullen... who was perfectly acceptible.
Old 12-09-17, 16:40   #5572
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Damn you all, with the attention this thread has been getting I thought a new Dragon Age game was revealed.
Old 12-09-17, 21:36   #5573
Zreen001
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Damn you all, with the attention this thread has been getting I thought a new Dragon Age game was revealed.
Considering BioWare and EA are focusing all their efforts and advertising into Anthem, I doubt we'll be seeing anything DA related until mid-late 2018 and then DA4 "official" reveal sometime early-mid 2019 and then a final game "holiday" 2019 IF they already have a dedicated off-site team working on chunks of the game--otherwise they might not start dedicated work on DA4 until after Anthem's reception is clear in which case we might be seeing a 2020 or even 2021 release
Old 13-09-17, 00:35   #5574
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Just twist the knife in further why don't you lol.
Old 13-09-17, 17:23   #5575
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I was like you pining for another Dragon Age, but I just read that book "Blood, Sweat and Pixels" and in it there is a section all about the development of DA2 and DAI. It was about all the pressure that was put on them to make games really quickly (esp. DA2) and after that I felt sorry for them.

I can wait.

EA putting pressure on them to make DA2 in about 1 year reminded me of Eidos and Core.
Old 13-09-17, 22:47   #5576
Zreen001
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
Just twist the knife in further why don't you lol.
Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
I was like you pining for another Dragon Age, but I just read that book "Blood, Sweat and Pixels" and in it there is a section all about the development of DA2 and DAI. It was about all the pressure that was put on them to make games really quickly (esp. DA2) and after that I felt sorry for them.

I can wait.

EA putting pressure on them to make DA2 in about 1 year reminded me of Eidos and Core.
I haven't read that one, might be interesting to pick up one day.
I can definitely see the rushing in DAI, especially with regards to the "final" two non-plot areas Emprise du Lion and Hissing Wastes, they just seemed... full of unused potential. Rest of the game was chock full of stuff which is why those two areas contrasted for me. I do like the dragon arenas in Emprise and the Dwarven tombs in Wastes though, but they had room for a lot more (and then the ending itself... not horrible but just resolved quicker than it could have).
Old 14-09-17, 17:26   #5577
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post

I haven't read that one, might be interesting to pick up one day.
I can definitely see the rushing in DAI, especially with regards to the "final" two non-plot areas Emprise du Lion and Hissing Wastes, they just seemed... full of unused potential. Rest of the game was chock full of stuff which is why those two areas contrasted for me. I do like the dragon arenas in Emprise and the Dwarven tombs in Wastes though, but they had room for a lot more (and then the ending itself... ).
As I don't work in the games industry, I found it fascinating to read and see what happens behind the scenes. Plus it has a chapter on 2 of my favourite games/developers - Dragon Age and UC, so it was really interesting to read.

The size of DAI (enormous) is because of the criticism they got over DA2 being so small and sections repeated..... which was a result of EA making them rush out a game in about a year. I actually really liked DA2... it might even be my favourite so it was interesting to read about the pressure they were under and how they felt about the criticism from fans after. Of course with DAI, they had a new engine to work with based on some fps engine... which they had terrible problems with. And which I think explains why they had the control system they did (I preferred the previous games' controls more)...

---
Now you come to mention it Hissing Wastes is a bit empty compared to other areas (Hinterlands.... ) But I quite liked that. On reflection I think the game is maybe a bit too big at times... although I have played it gazillions of times so it's a minor, minor criticism.

And I know what you mean about the ending. I was a bit like... "Oh, that was easy!"

But Trespasser dlc (and the Dwarven one) made up for it.
Old 30-09-17, 18:07   #5578
mind
Archaeologist

I've finally beaten this game, after three years after the purchase. The story is good. I can't help it, but I feel the game is kind of boring compared to previous installments. The combat.... if you play a mage, you literally just stand and mash buttons, because even on nightmare difficulty, it requires like 25% tactis of DAO and DA2.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 12:35   #5579
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind View Post
I've finally beaten this game, after three years after the purchase. The story is good. I can't help it, but I feel the game is kind of boring compared to previous installments. The combat.... if you play a mage, you literally just stand and mash buttons, because even on nightmare difficulty, it requires like 25% tactis of DAO and DA2.
I'm not sure how this is really any different or worse than DAO combat. I've played DAO on nightmare, and I have no clue what anyone says when they say it required tactics. The only tactics I've ever assigned to characters in DAO, even on nightmare, is taking health potions or lyrium potions when certain thresholds are reached, and that's it. Otherwise, your party auto-attacks enemies (including you, once you select a target). You don't have to button mash, because the game all but automates the combat for you.

And if you mean tactics as in strategy, again...I have no idea what you're referring to. Aside from targeting enemy mages first, since they can party wipe you in a single spell, there's no strategy necessary to DAO, even on nightmare. I mean, the Harvester fight in Golems of Amgarrak is an exception to this, but otherwise, there's nothing to the combat of DAO.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote