Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-03-17, 18:41   #21
Peep Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
I have to say this is my major concern. He was handsome in the previous game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I was surprised by the new face of Talion as well. The rest is absolutely brilliant.
Let's hope they fix his face, this is just the alpha build.
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-17, 19:47   #22
Alex Fly
Inactive

That's right. Might not be the definitive version after all. We'll see.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 10:33   #23
anniversarytr11

Not impressed of the major gameplay shift from open world to strategy, thats what it seems like at the moment. Also the graphics don't look any better, I was expecting a slight jump. Don't think I will pre-order this, I will wait till its out and there are reviews/gameplay walkthroughs.
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 12:13   #24
interstellardave

This game will apparently be fully optimized for Scorpio, including native (not upscaled) 4k graphics. Very impressive. I'm not buying a Scorpio based on hype, though, I'm going to wait and see exactly what it is, what it can do, and what it costs. I hope it is a truly big step-up, though.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56478/...pio/index.html
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 12:40   #25
Peep Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
This game will apparently be fully optimized for Scorpio, including native (not upscaled) 4k graphics. Very impressive. I'm not buying a Scorpio based on hype, though, I'm going to wait and see exactly what it is, what it can do, and what it costs. I hope it is a truly big step-up, though.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56478/...pio/index.html
The first one is native 4K on the PS4 Pro, seeing how this doesn't look any better visually, it's not really a surprise.
Peep Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-17, 11:46   #26
RWTSB

Was that an ent wife or Yavanna.

Yavanna makes sense, she probably would be comparable and more powerful than a Balrog.
RWTSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-17, 11:18   #27
Mani_Man

Im currently trying to get up to date with all the infos and trailer etc to the game.
It looks like it could be a potential GOTY game right there.

But there is also a thing that i found slightly weird...Shelob.
You know the huge spider...who appears in this game as a sexy Woman.

Well the reasons for that seem to be several according to some people who work on the game...and they all sound hilariously bad.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...s-a-sexy-lady/

Quote:
Developer Monolith’s creative vice president Michael de Plater didn’t take the decision to make Shelob a beautiful brunette lightly. On the contrary, it comes from a deep-seated belief that Shelob (in tandem with Gollum) are actually the secret protagonists of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

According to de Plater, Shelob sensed that Frodo would ultimately fail at his mission of destroying the One Ring to Rule Them All and tasked Gollum with stealing the ring from Frodo so that Gollum could ultimately pitch the ring into the depths of Mount Doom. Shelob, therefore, is in many ways one of the protagonists in Lord of the Rings, even when she stabs Frodo full of poison.
http://www.gamezone.com/news/shadow-...spider-3456612

Quote:
Shelob is the daughter of a character named Ungoliant, an evil primordial spirit who also takes the form a Spider. While Shelob has the ability to take the form of whatever she chooses, like her mother, she too chooses to be a spider in the books and film. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that Shelob could take the form of a woman whenever she wants.

PLater goes onto explain:
"Why would you take the form of a spider? Because they’re terrifying. It really is to provoke fear, there’s a psychological dimension to that, and the other thing with Ungoliant and the spirit of darkness is this line that she hates light but she craves it, and so Celebrimbor and the new ring also represent this new thing that she has a love / hate relationship with."
Game zone >>: To further the need to become human, unlike the films and books, Shelob has a direct need to communicate with Talion, the main character in Shadow of War, so it only makes more sense that she'd speak to him in the form of a human, than a large terrifying creature.

You may not agree with Monolith, but hopefully, their explanation gives fans an answer that does make sense within the lore and the game, regardless of how hardcore fans feel.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War releases on October 10, for PC, XBox One (S and X), PS4 (Pro) for $59.99. Monolith also created another form of controversy within Shadow of War, by introducing a feature that has divided fans.
Weird thing to do and the excuses they give...but okay.

The game wont rise of fall with this, its the rest of the game that counts.
And what i have seen so far is shaping up to be awesome.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote