Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 23-11-16, 12:02   #21
_Doppie_

Our old Classic Lara was welcomed by perverts, rapists, sexists, radical masculinists and raunch women.

Just in case, this is a design choice. The fact that you don't respect this choice make you a complete SJW yourself. Video games don't mean fantasy or sperm extractor (just in case).

Realism is interesting because you have more limits, it means, it is harder and more challenging to create something unique as the definition domain is smaller. If you respect this definition domain, it becomes believable and intriguing as it can exists. There is a bunch of people who just hate their lifes and want to escape from it - Games are a sort of answer for them... Fix your life, you'll see that realism isn't bad.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 12:25   #22
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Doppie_ View Post
Our old Classic Lara was welcomed by perverts, rapists, sexists, radical masculinists and raunch women.

Just in case, this is a design choice. The fact that you don't respect this choice make you a complete SJW yourself. Video games don't mean fantasy or sperm extractor (just in case).

Realism is interesting because you have more limits, it means, it is harder and more challenging to create something unique as the definition domain is smaller. If you respect this definition domain, it becomes believable and intriguing as it can exists. There is a bunch of people who just hate their lifes and want to escape from it - Games are a sort of answer for them... Fix your life, you'll see that realism isn't bad.
OMG please stop with the stupid rants. You've said nothing but lies and nonsense. It's disgusting. Completely disgusting, you are just insulting us for prefering fantasy rather than "realism" and prefering classic Lara over laraboot.

Stop. Stop right now. You are disrespectful af.

Now on topic: Is reboot Lara idealized? Idk. She has perfect ass, perfect hair, inocent face, she is assertive, she is weak but ends up beating stronger guys... She is the clear image of the perfect girlfriend you feel the need to protect. Is that really feminist? No, it isnt. The looks only are the "feminist" part and they really arent nothing special. They only changed the pants.

I feel classic Lara should be more appealing to the feminist and SJW audience, if you look past "the looks", she is a really strong woman who doesnt need any men nor has any sexual moment. She just wears comphty clothes. And yeah, she is idealized. There is no person in the world that strong, that agile, that amazing. She is almost perfect. But as TR4 and AoD demonstrated, she has her flaws. She commits mistakes. She has feelings.

Btw I consider myself a SJW and I dont regret about it.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 12:36   #23
godmodder

Quote:
The Truth is that nobody really knows Lara Croft because the character never was fully fleshed out.
That's a good thing imo. I find fully fleshed-out characters to be boring. I mean, if you know already all there is to know about a person, what's left to explore? Someone with a mysterious personality is way more interesting I think
godmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 12:36   #24
VictorXD

Quote:

Eeeew, wtf is wrong with you?

That is such a disgusting thing to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
People who try to bash SJW or worse, those who use the word Feminazi...have already lost every possible argument.
Those words are used by weak people who use them to degrade people who are stronger minded and willed.

That people in this very forum, a forum about a gaming series with a strong female character in the center, use those degrading words...is shameful.
Have you seen of some self called 'feminists' sprout about social media? They are hateful and unreasonable people, completely disregarding gender equality and caring only for man hating. They are tarnishing the feminist movement. Feminazi is more than an appropriate term for those people.

Feminists =/= feminazis

And yeah the weak people part....
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 12:39   #25
Hazelphoenix

Quote:
Way to generalize and lump every classic Lara fan into the same category.

The original design was met with enthusiasm from a wide range of people, among those you might find the ones mentioned by you above, though they're not exclusive to characters portrayed in a sexy way. Reboot Lara also attracted "perverts" as you call them who made a very explicit fan made pr0n video featuring the new version of the character. And she's always fully clothed without exaggerated body proportions in renders and in-game.

Women and little girls who grew fond of her green latex top, brown shorts and general appearance should not be defined "raunch" just for appreciating a visually interesting concept for a videogame character as if it's something wrong.

From the way you worded your post using an offensive term it seems as though you have something against women into sex, very sad considering it's 2016 and this kind of taboo should be long gone by now. Also, I find it quite amusing because in my book, misjudging females just for freely enjoying their sexuality is much more mysoginistic than women actually liking sex or sexy characters.

Quote:
Video games don't mean fantasy
They do. They are no more than means of entertainment.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 12:50   #26
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Way to generalize and lump every classic Lara fan into the same category.
That's exactly what some people here have done with reboot fans, by saying:
Quote:
welcome by audiences of the SJW community, fem-nazis, bible thumpers and proponents of political correctness.

I think that's Doppie's point, see how ridiculous it is to just group people like that?
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 12:52   #27
_Doppie_

Funny. I am paraphrasing someone from this thread and yet my post is wrong. You can generalize Reboot fans freely but you can't do the same with Classic fans. #HyprocrisyKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
They do. They are no more than means of entertainment.
Entertainment doesn't mean fantasy. Chess are entertaining, yet it isn't fantasy. Video games are softwares/applications that runs on electronics devices, they are similar to other games but they are ran on what I mentioned earlier.

@Rai : Nice, lol, you are the only one who saw that... it speaks volumes to be honest.

Last edited by _Doppie_; 23-11-16 at 12:55.
_Doppie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 12:59   #28
VictorXD

And now you're calling people hypocrites. Nice.

And I'm sorry but being classified as SJW, Feminazi etc is miles better than anything you said. You're post didn't even imply irony in the slightest how can you expect people to not take it seriously?
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 13:04   #29
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Have you seen of some self called 'feminists' sprout about social media? They are hateful and unreasonable people, completely disregarding gender equality and caring only for man hating. They are tarnishing the feminist movement. Feminazi is more than an appropriate term for those people.

Feminists =/= feminazis

And yeah the weak people part....
Oh please, while there are those people...feminazi is used for pretty much every little thing feminists do nowadays.

The Moment a woman stands up to something that is wrong, people come in and degrade her by calling her a Feminazi.
And no, its nor appropriate to call somebody feminazi

You can roll your eyes all you want at the weak people part, it doesnt change the truth.
The moment people cant handle someone who is stronger minded, they degrade them, insult etc.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-16, 13:15   #30
Lara Croft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
I personally don't care what's realistic, it's just a @#$%ing video game!

~ The voice of reason.
I agree. That is why I prefer the over-the-top classic Lara.
Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote