Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 16-09-18, 11:37   #451
Caesum

^ I remember there was an interview where it was said that Eidos actually gave Core green light to create new projects and TR Anniversary Edition, but it was SCi who decided to sell Core because of the company not having any strong IP during that time.

So basically according to the interview it wasn't that much Eidos' fault rather than SCi who sold Core to cut costs.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-18, 17:29   #452
Brendanlovesu1

When can we expect more reveals for the rewards for the kickstarter? Am dying over here
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-18, 21:13   #453
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
When can we expect more reveals for the rewards for the kickstarter? Am dying over here
Oh no, we can't let you die! Guess our hands are tied and we'll have to reveal an award this coming week!
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-18, 22:13   #454
kietasvyras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Core Design were actually sold after the SCi acquisition. I think the main reason for taking the series away from Core was just that Eidos was trying to pin all the blame on them because they needed a scapegoat for the shareholders and they needed to be able to say "look, we're doing sth about this". Of course, they ignored the fact that they themselves played a huge role in what happened with the franchise in general and with AoD in particular.
Actually I think it was Core Design and their Tomb Raider games that could have saved Eidos Interactive from losses and being acquired but it looks like Eidos Interactive was always more interested in the short run gains than in the long run. Well, both Eidos Interactive and Tomb Raider franchise paid for that already as we can see today from the number of acquisitions, the financial data and the popularity of the franchise, and its ratings in overall, the fans lost a lot because of that too not to mention the harm caused to Core Design and the people who worked there, wasted expertise and so on. I do not think the managerial decisions of Eidos Interactive were that good. If the situation was really that bad at that time the government of the United Kingdom could have also provide some support like subsidise or make tax cuts to prevent the business from going bankrupt, jobs being lost and production moved away out of the country. After all Tomb Raider and Lara Croft had a cultural significance as well.

Anyway, to finish on a positive note, I am very curious to see who is behind the other microphone tomorrow.

Last edited by kietasvyras; 16-09-18 at 22:20.
kietasvyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 08:13   #455
Johnnay

Another Update......

It is our pleasure to announce that celebrity solo vocalist, Julie Elven Music, will be working with us!
Elven is an award-winning Soundtrack and Filmscore Vocalist based in Munich, Germany. She has featured alongside James Newton Howard and multiple orchestras.
She is best known for her soloist vocal work on triple-A gaming titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn, World of Warcraft: Legion, League of Legends, and more.
http://ow.ly/vFlb30lQaKM

Last edited by Johnnay; 17-09-18 at 08:15.
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 08:56   #456
nakamichi680

OMG yessssss!!!

I love her performance in HZD ost
nakamichi680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 10:29   #457
kietasvyras

Is just me or it a little bit feels like this fantasy angel's voice without lyrics approach could turn out slightly cliché and cheesy? Unless it will be done really well and on a different level from the other games mentioned of course. If it is Peter's choice, I trust it and I hope I will be proven wrong but I kind a expected a little bit different direction and something more unique here.

Last edited by kietasvyras; 17-09-18 at 10:57.
kietasvyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 15:23   #458
Zebra

We don't even know what they'll be using her for. I wouldn't automatically assume that she will be performing on all the tracks. It's entirely possible that it'll just be a few tracks here and there. And even if it's most of them, I'm sure she's capable of creating lots of different sounds with her voice and we don't know how it will be mixed in with the instruments, etc.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 19:07   #459
Ruu11

A singer????? I mean, I don't even know her but what is she supposed to sing?
Tomb Raider doesn't have any music with lyrics......... wAIT

Is she going to sing "Angel of Darkness" song?!!
Lmao please NO. that song is untouchable fhakjhgdfs
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 19:36   #460
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
A singer????? I mean, I don't even know her but what is she supposed to sing?
Tomb Raider doesn't have any music with lyrics......... wAIT

Is she going to sing "Angel of Darkness" song?!!
Lmao please NO. that song is untouchable fhakjhgdfs
You know you don't need lyrics for singing, right ? She'll likely just be singing lots of aaaahhhhhs and ooooohhhhs. This is one of the tracks she did for Horizon Zero Dawn, for example. (Doubt that The Dark Angel will end up having this kind of sound but it's a good example of soundtrack vocals that don't have lyrics.)

Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote