Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 18-02-15, 00:32   #11
Sardoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhrae View Post
With the Egypt sections in TR1, Sphinxes and hints at Egypt throughout the first three, it's like they were teasing a full-on Egyptian raid.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there was some Egyptian reference in TR2...? o_O
The one I can think of straight away is the cat statue in Lara's Home treasure room. The same statue appeared in TR1 Gold (released after TR2, so chances are TR2 cat was first).
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-15, 18:28   #12
peeves

I also remember the cat statue being in TR2 lara's home in her basement.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-15, 21:51   #13
HRHCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan View Post
YES!! I can totally relate.

My sister and I went to the British Museum in London soon after playing TR4 and we were reminded a lot about this game. I think she started reading up on Egyptian history, pyramids and hieroglyphics but I was more interested in just visiting the museums.

Definitely my favourite Tomb Raider of all time.
I'm going to add this to my travel wishlist! A museum in London would be an easier start than jetting off to some exotic location, haha! I do hope to see the pyramids for real, one day.

I was actually interested in Egyptian history and mythology from quite a young age, a good few years before I became a "TR" fan. However, Lara's adventures certainly expanded my interest. I always loved that "The Last Revelation" was set entirely in Egypt (aside from the tutorial level, of course). It's a place so rich with history and wonder.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-15, 22:50   #14
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

I have always been interested in Egyptian history especially the Great pyramids which I visited a number of years ago. It is amazing to see them.

In fact it opens your eyes to wonder how they were made, what were they really for other than just a place to put a mummy. And when you think of Egyptian Mythology there is lot you could speculate about. For example what is the real age of the Sphinx, when it has rain water weathering and that was further back than the official date. Also what was the original head on the Sphinx, when the head now is rather small for the scale of the body.I could go on

Anyway without going to off topic I still think the 'officaldom of Egyptian Archeology' is not quite 100% correct, and we can question some of the things we have been taught. For example they say external ramps were used to make the pyramid, yet there seems to be evidence of an internal ramp structure, which makes more sense.

I actually made a thread a while back about it, and it really makes you think about hidden history, because its so far back in the past....
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=197029
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-15, 14:17   #15
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhrae View Post
I also liked The Mummy more than I should have because of how much it reminded me of this game
and the sequel
and this one too outside the franchise.
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-15, 15:57   #16
peeves

I like TR4 and the mummy because I'm a sucker for egypt and i like the other classics too.
Old 30-03-15, 19:51   #17
HRHCroft

I love the first two "Mummy" movies! Fun times. I also enjoyed the animated series they did, back in the day. The third one was very poor, though. Supposedly the franchise is being rebooted (surprise, surprise ).

The construction of the pyramids is utterly fascinating.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-15, 20:46   #18
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHCroft View Post
I love the first two "Mummy" movies! Fun times. I also enjoyed the animated series they did, back in the day. The third one was very poor, though. Supposedly the franchise is being rebooted (surprise, surprise ).

The construction of the pyramids is utterly fascinating.
The first 2 mummy films are good but there are some boring parts in each of the first 2 and the third one is awful.
Old 01-05-15, 14:59   #19
red_lion

No, not the game started my interest in Egypt. I have read the comic Asterix (or looked at the pictures) at five and I like it. Since then I'm a fool for Egypt.

I have several books of Egypt, gain interest in reading hieroglyphics, maintaining the dutch wikipedia about ancient Egypt, creating articles, visiting museums about Egypt in Amsterdam and Leiden and last year to London. I love ancient Egypt!

The graphics in Tomb Raider IV are ok. And I love the storyline. But it isn't super. A lot of buildings, artefacts are copied of ancient Egypt. I should review this, like I am with Tomb Raider AoD.

Last edited by red_lion; 01-05-15 at 15:01.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 15:42   #20
peeves

I'm also a sucker for egypt.