Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 15-02-13, 17:40   #1241
Sway6erman

I feel like this is becoming a fan page of Emma Watson...
Sway6erman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 22:05   #1242
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Hahaha I know right Abigail Breslin and Dakota Fanning will probably be up for candidates soon too. They could both pass for 21 too I guess.
At the rate they are going Elle Fanning will be old enough to play the part, it is easy enough to make them look a bit older.

But I still prefer Emma, she looks good, is the right age and already has the accent. And it would be hard to find someone that age who is better known, she might not be able to carry a movie by herself yet, but at least having a name on the credits would go some way to giving the movie a good start. They use the excuse a UK actress would not be well known enough and go for another US actress, I will not be impressed.

They can choose a US actress, but they better have a better reason for it.

Edit
Just had to add another picture to the Emma Watson fan page.

Last edited by aussie500; 17-02-13 at 22:12.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 22:16   #1243
Linoshi Croft

I stand by what I always say. Emma can't act..
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 22:24   #1244
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I stand by what I always say. Emma can't act..
No offense, but I always find thats the "go-to" comment someone uses when they dont like a particular actor/actress.... I mean if you dont like her, thats fine, but ive seen her act on screen, and when shes pretending to be scared, angry, upset, etc... its pretty believable... and I think anyone who can make those emotions seem believable on screen is at the very least, a solid actor/actress...
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 22:31   #1245
Tonyrobinson

I am just so ready for the movie now that Oprah could play a kick ass Lara to me.

I wonder if the games script changes contributed to the movie changing seeing as they have since dropped the whole Lost Fleet storyline. There is really no way this is gonna be ready for 2013. I just hope they don't cancel it.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-13, 09:37   #1246
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Edit
Just had to add another picture to the Emma Watson fan page.
That's the spirit aussie!
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-13, 14:48   #1247
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
No offense, but I always find thats the "go-to" comment someone uses when they dont like a particular actor/actress.... I mean if you dont like her, thats fine, but ive seen her act on screen, and when shes pretending to be scared, angry, upset, etc... its pretty believable... and I think anyone who can make those emotions seem believable on screen is at the very least, a solid actor/actress...
Exactly. Emma has improved over the years, there's no denying.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-13, 06:58   #1248
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Exactly. Emma has improved over the years, there's no denying.
And she's also attractive, young and British, and not to mention that she's a great role model. She would be ideal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could also picture Jennifer as Lara

Idk guys, she really looks like she could be physically fit to do most of the things that Lara can in the game:

She would be really fantastic! If only she could pull off a believable British accent .

Last edited by TippingWater; 19-02-13 at 23:07.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-13, 01:59   #1249
BigR4444
Golden

Jennifer Lawrence is a no brainer for the role... but as I and a few others have pointed out... A) shes Katniss, and besides being busy in that role, and a few other major roles shes sure to have landed already, and B), the character is way too close to Lara, and we want this movie to stand on its own...

Think about the game, and how annoyed everyone around here is by the constant comparisons to Uncharted, and the accusations that they've ripped of naughty Dog's formula...
You dont think theyre gunna do the same to the movie if Jennifer Lawrence gets the role???... Same actress, same weapon, strong young woman... theyre gunna be like, "Is this Tomb Raider, or the new Hunger games movie???

Last edited by BigR4444; 20-02-13 at 02:02.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-13, 02:15   #1250
Linoshi Croft

I agree with you on Jenifer Lawrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post

I actually like Emma Watson as a person, I just don't think she's a particulary good actress. Though she surprised me in "Perks of being a wall flower"

Also, what you pointed about being "good" was actually what I thought was complete and utter ****. Especially her being upset, I've never seen someone so badly fake crying in my entire life. It's like she wasn't even trying...Plus , I dislike how everyone bring up the scene when she's being tortured in Harry Potter as again I thought that wasn't as impressive as everyone said it was. I'm not saying she was bad but I most definitely wasn't blown away by the scene.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 20-02-13 at 02:16.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote