Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 26-04-15, 08:53   #11
EssGee

Something that would be really useful is to make the editor interface able to be displayed full-screen on high resolution screens. With the current 1024x768 GUI, if monitor screen res goes much higher, we will soon need a microscope to view the editor.

I agree that control of the triangle split on ceiling tiles as it is for floor tiles would be excellent.

In the same way you currently get a warning message when you enter 'Hide Objects' mode, if would be really useful if you also got a warning if you try to leave a room and haven't unhidden the objects. It's too easy to lose concentration and leave a room whilst objects are still hidden, and then run risk of saving and corrupting your project.
EssGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 09:18   #12
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
How about we create a poll once many features are posted in here, and then we vote for them, so the one with the most votes is definitely going to be in the newer versions of NGLE.
Not going to happen for the reasons teme9 mentioned, but also because some of our wishes might not be possible or nearly impossible.

We're going to leave it up to Paolone if he wants to look into the possibilities of (some of) our wishes, and if he does look into them, leave it up to him to decide which ones he wants/can to do.
So we should be prepared to get a "no" on all our wishes.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 12:56   #13
Caesum

EssGee - with the newest TRNG the editor changes the way it hides objects. Instead of deleting them it only stops rendering them, so even if you add a new object or save while the option is on, it should still preserve everything. I personally turned off notifications about this entirely because they're out of date and only cause confusion.

Btw, changed my post about SOUND objects. Apparently sounds tend to end abruptly regardless of room and position. It happens when the camera gets out of their range.

Last edited by Caesum; 26-04-15 at 13:15.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 13:04   #14
LGG_PRODUCTION

I know that Paolone won't look at this, but for me is a nice thing, writing our TRNG wishes

-The possibility to push and pull the rollingballs like in Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris;
-A new slot fot the harpoon-gun;
-New features for customising the weapons, ex. removing ammos, adding lasersight without the possibility to remove it (like in TR5), creating melee weapons, ecc..;
-New kind of pushable objects, ex. sloped pushables, pushables with multiple collision, big pushables, animated pushables, damaging pushables, ecc..;
-New kind of puzzles and enigmas, like Silent Hill ones;
-The KEY_DONE object.
For the new enemies and vehicles there will be the plugins
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 13:17   #15
psiko

some of the things are already do-able with the editor as it is now. We can have about 1000 texture tiles of 256x256 using meta2tr... in my video tutorials I explain how to use them to have the same object in different levels, as we'd do with wadmerger. And with meta2tr's new feature to handle the tiles of objects separately, we have everything available.
Also, we can already light a static object with just a click: just select the static and then right-click on a color in the palette area. Obviously you can save/load/customize your palette colors according to your desires/colors you prefer
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 13:30   #16
tomb2player

Quoted from teme9's post:

Quote:
" Enlarging the wad texture limit if possible, would be really nice! "
Do you know exact value of this limit?
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 13:37   #17
KurtisandLara
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
I know that Paolone won't look at this, but for me is a nice thing, writing our TRNG wishes

-The possibility to push and pull the rollingballs like in Guardian of Light and Temple of Osiris;
-A new slot fot the harpoon-gun;
-New features for customising the weapons, ex. removing ammos, adding lasersight without the possibility to remove it (like in TR5), creating melee weapons, ecc..;
-New kind of pushable objects, ex. sloped pushables, pushables with multiple collision, big pushables, animated pushables, damaging pushables, ecc..;
-New kind of puzzles and enigmas, like Silent Hill ones;
-The KEY_DONE object.
For the new enemies and vehicles there will be the plugins
This could be done if lara doesnt have the gun yet, gameplay wise. Ex. you could give the lasersight first and then place the gun somewhere after that but its in a pickup slot and then script it so if you combine those 2 items it makes the gun + lasersight attached. That would work wouldnt it? Ive never tried using the scripts to combine items o.O

This also (gameplay wise) is possible, but it would be nice to actually just have a sloped possible with its own collision.

I agree with almost every point brought up in this thread by everyone! My only request is a small one and its just caused by my laziness hehe.
I would love a way to change the lighting of statics more efficiently, right now its kind of a burden or a chore to fully decorate a room and then go back through and light the statics .

But like Teme said, enlarge the wad texture limit would be AMAZING. Ive had to cut so many objects just because i couldnt reduce the amount of textures on it, it just wouldnt look right .
Also a bugfix would be fantastic for this annoying little guy talked about here - http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...ostcount=13993

Last edited by KurtisandLara; 26-04-15 at 13:47.
KurtisandLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 13:54   #18
OverRaider

There are some nice suggestions in above posts so I just add these three which come to mind so far:

Editor improvements
-extend boxes limit
-add new weather wind (visible wind effect in game like rain or snow)

Fixing bugs
-to get rid of the annoying texture dissapearing of the item rotating in the corner when Lara picks up and also to get rid of the texts (logo) dissapearing in title
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 14:05   #19
teme9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb2player View Post
Quoted from teme9's post:

Do you know exact value of this limit?
I don't know. It depends on many factors: texture size, texture amount. The bigger the textures are the less of them can be contained in a wad. Probably animation and object amount in wad also affects how many textures can be included per wad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
some of the things are already do-able with the editor as it is now. We can have about 1000 texture tiles of 256x256 using meta2tr... in my video tutorials I explain how to use them to have the same object in different levels, as we'd do with wadmerger. And with meta2tr's new feature to handle the tiles of objects separately, we have everything available.
Also, we can already light a static object with just a click: just select the static and then right-click on a color in the palette area. Obviously you can save/load/customize your palette colors according to your desires/colors you prefer
Very true The bigger wad files can help a lot of the builders that use the original building method with wad files.

*edit.
Oh... btw! It's not possible to load and save palettes. By doing that the editor will mess up showing the correct textures on objects in editor. So currently not working! It would be great to have it working properly though...

Last edited by teme9; 27-04-15 at 04:42.
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 14:21   #20
tomb2player

Thanks for reply. Do you know what is the limit of WAD file size?

Are there limits of .TOM and .TR4 files?
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote