Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 16-06-16, 19:19   #41
peeves

Well the pc controls seem to be more strict than the ps controls.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 16:03   #42
AnEntireAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami View Post
I played the European PS2 version and the only bug I remember was on Prague, when you need a strength upgrade to open a door and Lara would keep on repeating "It won't open It it it IT won't it won't open IT WON'T OPEN" lol
Oh, and of course the unlimited ammo on Von Croy's apartment (don't know if that was intended tho..)
Same.
And then, there is that little dance that Lara and Kurtis had when they tried to kill Brother Obscura and Boaz.
AnEntireAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 16:13   #43
suli
Inactive

I don't remember any bugs, but I remember Lara slowing down a bit in some areas, but that's about it.

although memories can be deceiving. Last time I replayed it, the controls gave me HELL. I wondered how I played it without losing my mind the first time. but I think we tend to be more forgiving in our youth lolz.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 16:22   #44
AnEntireAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
Last time I replayed it, the controls gave me HELL. I wondered how I played it without losing my mind the first time. but I think we tend to be more forgiving in our youth lolz.
I live a hell every time I play it... but in AOD's defense I have to say that I'm a **** gamer... just awful...
AnEntireAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 16:31   #45
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
I don't remember any bugs, but I remember Lara slowing down a bit in some areas, but that's about it.

although memories can be deceiving. Last time I replayed it, the controls gave me HELL. I wondered how I played it without losing my mind the first time. but I think we tend to be more forgiving in our youth lolz.
I think we are, yes, we're not focused on the controls when we're young, we're focused on the game. And if controls are hard it's not a big deal.

But when we become grown up, yeah it seems like we get more frustrated by this. ^^

I didn't thought PS2 TRAOD was that buggy. There's some bugs but not breaking game bugs.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 20:01   #46
Dennis's Mom

I just remember loads and loads of what I called "Baywatch Lara."

Anytime more than two things were moving on the screen, Lara went into slow mo. Running on the rooftops in the rain, fighting those flaming sword guys, and Boaz, the hell that was Boaz.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 20:13   #47
Gothlegend

I'm currently replaying the ps2 original release and the worst thing I can report is attempting to use the stun gun. although effective, it has one of the biggest delays in effect, animation, and enemy drop time. Oh and Boaz will no doubt be an issue once I reach her, but I'm blocking it out tbh.
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-16, 03:14   #48
SamCactus101

Never played the full game but I had a friend who had this game (he's since sold his system and games) I do remember it being buggy here and there.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-16, 08:58   #49
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
I just remember loads and loads of what I called "Baywatch Lara."

Anytime more than two things were moving on the screen, Lara went into slow mo. Running on the rooftops in the rain, fighting those flaming sword guys, and Boaz, the hell that was Boaz.
on PS2 ?
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-16, 14:14   #50
LaraHocusPocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEntireAmazon View Post
Same.
And then, there is that little dance that Lara and Kurtis had when they tried to kill Brother Obscura and Boaz.
I'm an English PC player and have no idea which version I own (it was my brother's, and since he can't even remember that he played TR3... or that he owns TR4&5...). I get that dance every single time Lara targets an enemy. It's worse when there are two+ enemies on-screen. Sometimes I just stop and imagine Lara's hallucinating riding a horse. Then I press left and right randomly to make the dance weirder. Of course, that doesn't mean it's not annoying.

I don't really have many bugs/glitches. When I do it's just graphical stuff, the underwater monster not dealing damage, and the unlimited Rigg 09 ammo in VC'sA. The worst I have is the no-textures thing, but it's always in set parts of locations and even a reload doesn't fix it. It's mostly in the Sani/MCA levels around the exits to other parts of the levels, but there are occasionally entire walls with no textures. Other than that, tiny little parts of Parisian Ghetto have no textures. There might be more, but I barely notice anything smaller than the Sani/MCA's bits to be honest.

The animations can be funny in my version. When using the electric-gun-thing in the Louvre, the guards will be hit, play around with their bits for a few moments, and then be affected/die. I'm guessing they didn't implement a way for animations to blend/cut off into each other, so each one has to end before another begins?

I don't know. The only annoying problems with AOD to me are the targeting dance and Breath of Hades. I actually find the constant shifting of textures in TR1 more annoying than most other things in AOD. Then again, my version of Underworld has Lara tripping up on inanimate objects, wobbling on solid ground, not grabbing ledges right in her face, jumping backwards when I tell her to jump sideways, and going into fits when multi-targeting. In comparison to what I have to put up with in there, my version of AOD is a fully-functioning game.
LaraHocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote