Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-02-14, 14:50   #21
TRJTA

How did you change the textures of the soldiers? I would like to help to add my improved Lara textures to the Lara models!

BTW, did you notice this bug? Can it be fixed? I'm quite sure I've ever seen this window look like it should be. It's a gaping hole.

Last edited by TRJTA; 06-02-14 at 15:44.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 16:54   #22
SLAYER

There are 2 versions of the soldier: the one used inside levels have a 1024x1024 texture and bumpmaps. the one used in cutscenes just have a 256x256 texture with no bumpmaps. why is it this way? beats me. maybe someone switched them by mistake, or it could be performance related...

I took the better version, cleaned up the goggles part of the texture to show the cubemap reflections, renamed it into cs_strahova.chr. strahova.chr is a copy of the cleaned up version to keep things consistent between levels and cutscenes.

I can't remember exactly how I replaced the texture, I did all of this in 2009 (check the date modified of the files). I think I used one of SparedLife tools, as that was the only way of modding back then.

About the cafe texture bug; I did notice it but I'm afraid nothing can be done without a tool to replace textures. This only happens if you have PS2.0 enabled (maybe thats how this bug escaped QA). You can use the FF button in the settings to fix this, but you will lose lots of graphical effects.
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 16:58   #23
Shing
Unverified

Is there any solution to enable nVidia shadows with AMD GPU?
Shing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 17:07   #24
SLAYER

There is no nvidia shadows. that tick box doesn't do anything AFAIK.
Old 06-02-14, 17:14   #25
Caesum

It does, you just have to turn off Pixel shader 2.0 Shadows then. You can use only one of the two, if there are both enabled then you won't have any shadows.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 17:47   #26
SLAYER

Tried it now, it only blurrs the shadows... is that it?
Old 06-02-14, 18:56   #27
TRJTA

I made highres textures for "Lara Jeans" and "Lara Pants with jacket", which are the only outfits your mod uses right?

There were also some other texmods I did a while ago including some paintings in Carviers appartment and some horrible pixelated fences and some higher res notebook images and a fix to the "angel of darkness" text in the main menu. If you want you can add them to your project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
It does, you just have to turn off Pixel shader 2.0 Shadows then. You can use only one of the two, if there are both enabled then you won't have any shadows.
So what do these two settings do? Disabling PS2.0 didn't fix the window glitch for me though.

Last edited by TRJTA; 07-02-14 at 08:39.
Old 07-02-14, 08:38   #28
SLAYER

sure, send me the links. though I'm not sure I can do anything with the texmod textures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
So what do these two settings do? Disabling PS2.0 didn't fix the window glitch for me though.
Go to 'Render Type' select 'Fixed Function Hardware'. Or press the FF button.

Last edited by SLAYER; 07-02-14 at 09:01.
Old 07-02-14, 09:33   #29
TRJTA

It's fairly easy to use texmod mods. Just copy the TRAOD_P4.exe to the main Angel of Darkness directory. Select the executable with texmod, add the package file and run the game. Works with the exe patches too
Old 07-02-14, 09:39   #30
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
I was talking about nvidia shadows. And no, disable Pixel Shader 2.0 Shadows, not PS2.0. It's an option right under Nvidia Shadows. If you disable it, nvidia shadows will start working.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote