Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 04-05-13, 00:06   #1
Richard_Croft

Default The Sims 4

New Life. New Emotions. New Sims.

Official Website // FAQ // RELEASE DATE: Fall 2014 ♦
Developer: The Sims Studio - Maxis // Publisher: Electronic Arts ♦

The Sims™ 4 is the highly anticipated life simulation game that lets you play with life like never before. Create new Sims with intelligence and emotion, whose every action is informed and affected by their interactions and emotional states. Experience all new intuitive and fun creative tools. Sculpt your Sims in Create A Sim and construct unique homes with the tactile room-based Build Mode. Control the mind, body, and heart of your Sims with dynamic, emotion-rich gameplay, and bring your stories to life.
  • New Sims – Create and control more intelligent, more relatable, and emotionally rich Sims.
  • Intelligence – Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever before, from multitasking to expressing their emotions by the way they walk. Choose the personalities of your Sims, select their aspirations, and explore the depth of their lifelong goals through your Sims’ thoughts, social skills, careers, and memories.
  • Emotional Depth – For the first time, Sims feel and express emotions. Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose. Emotions offer you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.
  • New Creative Tools – Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode.
  • Vibrant Neighborhoods – Chose among brilliant and diverse lots for your Sims to live in. Vivid visuals bring your Sim’s home to life.
  • Rich Rewards – Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectables, and unlocking achievements.
  • Share Your Creations – Share your Sims’ households with your friends and the community. Download community creations for an all-new look.

---------- ♦ TRAILERS & REVEAL ♦ ----------

----------------- ♦ NEWS ♦ -----------------
Quote:
The Sims 4 In Development for PC and Mac
Maxis and EA today announced that The Sims™ 4 is currently in development at The Sims Studio for release on PC and Mac in 2014. The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.

The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Your continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

As a thank you for the support of the more than 30 million fans that share and discuss stories about The Sims across global social networks, we held a special VIP briefing this morning where several of the world’s top fans were amongst the first to hear the news about The Sims 4. They got to speak with the creative team for The Sims 4 and will have special access to the development team.

To stay up to date with the latest information please visit www.thesims.com/thesims4.

Help us spread the word! #TheSims4
Quote:
The Sims Live Broadcast
Tune in to The Sims Live Broadcast on May 23rd at 10am PDT to watch an in-depth walkthrough of The Sims 3 Dragon Valley and get introduced to a few members of The Sims 4 development team!
Quote:
The Sims 4 Will Be Presented at Gamescom
The Sims producers announced during the Live Broadcast, aired on June 18, that The Sims 4 will be shown for the first time in public.
It was revealed that it will be presented on EA's Press Conference at Gamescom in August 20-23!

Quote:
The Sims 4 Will Be An Offline Game
*Thanks to ajrich17901 for sharing the news!

"...the feedback EA received from gamers following SimCity's launch helped inspire the company to make 2014's The Sims 4 an offline game, Gibeau said.

"In the last few months, we have started making changes to the business practices that gamers clearly don't like," Gibeau said. "In the spring, we dropped our online pass program for consoles--both next-generation and current-generation. We listened to the feedback on SimCity and decided that The Sims 4 would be built as a single-player, offline experience."
Quote:
The Sims 4 Tidbits!

♦ "So much to do in The Sims 4, you’ll have to do some of it at the same time."
♦ "There are objects, then there are Sims 4 objects!"
♦ "There’s no part that’s out of reach in The Sims 4! If you could customize your look for the press conference on August 20th, what would your Sim wear?"
♦ "Sims are the clay upon which you will form your greatest creations!"
Excited? Discuss!

Last edited by Richard_Croft; 05-06-14 at 18:34. Reason: Updates
Richard_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 00:16   #2
Baratheon

Oh my.

It’s about time honestly. I have been sick of the current series for quite a while now. So, with any luck it is The Sims 4!
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 00:20   #3
Richard_Croft

^Yep, I only use The Sims 3 to build houses, nothing more. It isn't fun to play normaly anymore, that's why I can't wait for the new era of The Sims
Old 04-05-13, 00:21   #4
Baratheon

I also pray it’s not called “The Sims” lol.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 00:21   #5
matrix54

Another thread I'll soon take over.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 00:22   #6
xLara_Nathanx

Oh my GOD!

I can't wait. So curious to see how the graphics will look.
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 00:22   #7
Sir Croft

I'm looking forward to it, Sims 3 overstayed its welcome.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 00:26   #8
[Xmas]

DEAD.

In the best way possible.... Time to get rid of the worst Sims game to date and bring on the new era of AWESOMESAUCE!
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 00:27   #9
Richard_Croft

^YES!! Bring it on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
I also pray it’s not called “The Sims” lol.
Lol. This isn't going to be a reboot, well at least I hope not
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Another thread I'll soon take over.
Oh you just kidding! I love your houses
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
Oh my GOD!
I can't wait. So curious to see how the graphics will look.
IKR? Me too! This is so exciting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
I'm looking forward to it, Sims 3 overstayed its welcome.
Unfortunately yes, I prefer The Sims 2 over The Sims 3 tbh! We need a big change, but nothing online (I hope)
Old 04-05-13, 00:30   #10
Sir Croft

I wouldn't mind a multiplayer mode but, right now, all I want is the charm that was lacking in Sims 3.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote