Quote:
Originally Posted by BluenoseGames View Post
MS promoting it means we'll get no promotion
Unless it's anything Fallout, they don't care lol
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 21:11   #23
iWANEX
Golden

You know what? I don't want the name Microsoft or Xbox next to Tomb Raider. EVER. Not even if it's for marketing purposes because that means Shadow will have 0 exposure. ZERO. NADA. Stupid Microsoft had Rise as a ****ING EXCLUSIVE for their console for a whole year and they did NOTHING with it. I get nightmares just thinking about this.

Sony did a better job at marketing the 20 year celebration edition with just their "Lara's back home" article. UGH!!! PLEASE DON'T BE TRUE.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 21:49   #24
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
You know what? I don't want the name Microsoft or Xbox next to Tomb Raider. EVER. Not even if it's for marketing purposes because that means Shadow will have 0 exposure. ZERO. NADA. Stupid Microsoft had Rise as a ****ING EXCLUSIVE for their console for a whole year and they did NOTHING with it. I get nightmares just thinking about this.

Sony did a better job at marketing the 20 year celebration edition with just their "Lara's back home" article. UGH!!! PLEASE DON'T BE TRUE.
I really believe Sony is gonna market Shadow, hopefully. Most likely this is a rumor lol
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 22:06   #25
Emix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I really believe Sony is gonna market Shadow, hopefully. Most likely this is a rumor lol
No they won't. They have their exclusives to promote.
Sure they will be posting trailers and gameplays on YT maybe but they won't really promote it.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 22:17   #26
iWANEX
Golden

Both of your avatars made my head explode for a second, lol.

Honestly I like Sony more. They will be promoting Spider-man for sure. Why wouldn't they? It's their exclusive. Hear that Microsoft? They will promote Spidey because it's their EXCLUSIVE! Ugh.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 15:19   #27
WWETombRaider

If it's anything like the marketing they did for RotTR then good luck.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 15:24   #28
Pyro99

They can't make it exclusive after the outcry against RotTR, and definitely not after they've already announced the release date for all consoles
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 18:38   #29
jajay119

Must be limited to console promotion given Sony seems to be the ones with the initial magazine reveal which is promo in and of itself. Honestly, after the abysmal job Ms did of promoting Rise I’d rather just keep it in house. If you’re promoting the other two versions anyway what’s the point in MS do their own?
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 02:34   #30
Yeauxleaux

I don't care as long as they're not doing to timed exclusive or Xbox-exclusive DLC bull**** again.

I think TR is typically going to sell better on Playstation systems regardless of what Microsoft do, because of the legacy of how the series started. There's an incredibly loyal fanbase who have been playing the series on PS systems since the 90s, who are fine sticking with Playstation instead of moving over. Even as annoying as the timed exclusive for RotTR was, I would never go out and spend hundreds on an Xbox just to get a game a few months early (I wouldn't even for a game I was really excited for, but especially not for TReboot as I'm not hugely into these games anyway). I don't know how anyone with sense who values their money would do that.

It was a terrible business move and I said it then (not on here). You don't alienate the platform that most likely has the most fans of the series on it, it's just idiotic from a business standpoint.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 07-04-18 at 02:37.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote