Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 04-09-12, 12:00   #20361
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miharu View Post
VII, VIII, IX & X (including normal and international) and XII are way harder than XIII.

For XIII, it's just about using the paradigms correctly and that's it...Even without auto-battle it's pretty easy to imput abilities that monsters are weak to although a lot slower. So it's easier to use auto-battle because you'll get screwed wasting time imputing commands unless you use 'repeat' which is something quite a few people don't know about.
For VII, VIII, IX and X (excluding international) it's just about attacking and, at times, healing...and that's it. Even with fast speed it's pretty easy to input commands to drain the enemies' HP. So it's easier not to think of any elaborate strategy since it's all about attacking 'til the monster dies.

X International brings monsters worthy of thinking and training beyond the normal limits, while XII's gambit system allows for a very well-thought customization.

XIII is perfect.

(And I assume we both have, at least, beaten every enemy, optional or not, in all those games)

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 04-09-12 at 12:02.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:05   #20362
Survival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
FFXIII is already boring me to tears. I am in Oerba trying to find parts for Vanille's robot. WHY AM I DOING THIS.
Just get rid of that rubbish and play some of the superior games in the series... hell even X-2 is better
Survival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:43   #20363
Miharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
For VII, VIII, IX and X (excluding international) it's just about attacking and, at times, healing...and that's it. Even with fast speed it's pretty easy to input commands to drain the enemies' HP. So it's easier not to think of any elaborate strategy since it's all about attacking 'til the monster dies.

X International brings monsters worthy of thinking and training beyond the normal limits, while XII's gambit system allows for a very well-thought customization.

XIII is perfect.

(And I assume we both have, at least, beaten every enemy, optional or not, in all those games)
Not particularly but generally speaking, XIII is just easy. And if you say that all you do in the above games is attack and heal then the same can be said for XIII.

Debuffing/buffing only came in handy when up against tough mobs...Just like every other FF game. XIII's incredibly easy, find a rhythm of correct paradigms to stagger the opponent and then once staggered, attack the **** out of it.

So XIII is pretty much exactly the same just done 'flashier' drain the HP, that's what it's always being about.

Last edited by Miharu; 04-09-12 at 12:48.
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:51   #20364
Soul
Golden

Has anyone downloaded the "new" FFVII from the Squenix Store yet and could say something about it? I'm sooo tempted to buy it, since it's pretty cheap atm.
Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 12:54   #20365
Caesum

It's graphics is exactly like in the original, yet you can play the game without any problems on the newest windows, with the highest resolution. I have Windows 8 Release Preview and it works flawless.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 04:09   #20366
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miharu View Post
Not particularly but generally speaking, XIII is just easy. And if you say that all you do in the above games is attack and heal then the same can be said for XIII.

Debuffing/buffing only came in handy when up against tough mobs...Just like every other FF game. XIII's incredibly easy, find a rhythm of correct paradigms to stagger the opponent and then once staggered, attack the **** out of it.

So XIII is pretty much exactly the same just done 'flashier' drain the HP, that's what it's always being about.
I never said the final goal was any different. It's how you get there that makes it different, and how complicated and/or varied it is. Correct paradigms aren't enough to achieve victory in Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Had you fought a pair of Raktavija this discussion would have probably ended way before. Had you dealt with Ultros and Typhon, or Jihl, or PuPu, or a fight solo versus Caius, you'd finally give XIII and its younger brother the credit you are so intent on destroying (or maybe not! e.g.: I think Spong finished XIII in all its glory and yet dislikes/hates it and maybe thinks it's easy as hell too, IIRC)

It doesn't matter if there's an auto-battle function and/or you have the correct paradigms, the adrenaline stems from creating the precious momentum to attack your foe. XIII-2 even goes further with the staggering concept when it shows you that, sometimes, it's better to play safe and avoid staggering at all costs. The amount of strategy might not equal that of customizing all the (once you do it, automatic) actions of XII's characters, or knowing exactly what the turns for all, party and foe, will be like in order not to be crushed by Penance and the Dark Aeons in X -International-, but it's still pretty damn good.

So I rest my case now Now speaking to you and everyone who don't agree with what I'm saying, I don't mean to force people to like Light's saga...the fact that I like playing them, and the fact that Square seem to think they're doing what it's best, should be enough to keep me happy. I just want to see others happy too, so if news about Versus XIII or any future back to the roots FF could make you happy, I'd like that to happen some time soon. Cheers!

EDIT: Just saw this: *HEAVY SPOILERS* (maybe)

http://andriasang.com/con2l3/lightning_returns_details/

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 05-09-12 at 04:17.
Old 05-09-12, 04:16   #20367
Tony9595

Playing Theatrhythm I came to a conclusion, the music after FFX went downhill. :/
XIII's battle theme is still EPIC and amazing, but only after a boring intro.
Tony9595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 04:21   #20368
Yuna´s Wish

^ I find XII's music the worst of the series. Kiss-me-goodbye is the most forgettable piece of music I've had the disgrace to listen to. Is it part of Theatrythm?
Old 05-09-12, 04:30   #20369
Tony9595

No, it isn't included. From XII there are only these ones:

Clash of Swords
Giza Plains
Theme of the Empire
XII's "Final Fantasy"

XII's DLC songs.
The Dalmasca Estersand
The Royal City of Rabanastre/Town Ward Upper Stratum
Desperate Fight
Esper Battle
The Battle for Freedom
Boss Battle

I'm not spending a single peso on them. xD

I love that there's a Versus XIII song as DLC, there's still hope. :')
Tony9595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-12, 04:38   #20370
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

I love XII's music.

The only good piece from XIII for me was Blinded By Light.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote